Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How will MM outers react if he keeps his job?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
fourthteamtillidie said:
No problem, I didnt get a ticket for Spurs, didnt moan about it, got of my arse and waited at Victoria Station on the morning of the game for three hours until someone sold me a spare.

Yeah but you're not allowed a spare if McGhee's in charge. So there. :lolol:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
If McGhee stays then I'll look at his summer signings before I decide how enthusiastic I'll be about next season.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
blockhseagull said:
Pisses me off.... i can understand why some people want him sacked but to stop going to games is not going to help.

All that is achieving is even lower gate reciepts which is going to plunge the club even more into the shite and also further the claims that we don't need a big new stadium.

By not renewing my season ticket whether i go to games or not will be in my own hands- i will make a decision based on facts, and to me alot of that revolves around how the team are playing, personel in the team, and what sort of rhetoric McGhee spouts.

As for away games, i have been to ten this season spending in excess of £500 without adding up, and to be told on more than one occasion that he wasn't thinking about the game, or cared about the result is not what you want to hear.

I didnt get into this club at an exciting time (86'/87' season) and didnt do it to be fashionable, i did it for the love of the game.

This team means alot to me, and if i decide not to go for the reasons mentioned numerous times on this board an elsewhere then so be it.

But it does not make me any more or less of a supporter than anyone else on here.

Rusco

Jul 8, 2003
Always Bringing Up The Rear
I don't now see how MM can keep his job. With the story coming out in the Argus MM will always feel that he will never have the full support of the board and will struggle to get funds for players when he approaches them.

Based purely on football and on the pitch activities, I can't see how he can keep his job either, his record is poor (8 wins from 64)and we have been a club in free fall since the 2nd half kicked off against Millwall at home.

We need to be rebuilding for next year, looking at potential transfer targets etc. but this situation isn't doing us any good at all. It actually smacks of the summer when Hinshelwood was appointed all because DK went chasing around after another manager, we then missed the boat with team strengthening and we all know what happened next.

Now is the time for the board to cull the deadwood from the playing staff and let MM, BB and DW go. Let's start with a clean slate next season to ensure we go onwards and upwards

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
fourthteamtillidie said:
By not renewing my season ticket whether i go to games or not will be in my own hands- i will make a decision based on facts, and to me alot of that revolves around how the team are playing, personel in the team, and what sort of rhetoric McGhee spouts.

As for away games, i have been to ten this season spending in excess of £500 without adding up, and to be told on more than one occasion that he wasn't thinking about the game, or cared about the result is not what you want to hear.

I didnt get into this club at an exciting time (86'/87' season) and didnt do it to be fashionable, i did it for the love of the game.

This team means alot to me, and if i decide not to go for the reasons mentioned numerous times on this board an elsewhere then so be it.

But it does not make me any more or less of a supporter than anyone else on here.

I never said it made you less of a supporter but not going purely for the reason of not liking the manager is making the whole club suffer and is only indangering the future of the club you support

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
fourthteamtillidie said:
Simple for me, I am only renewing my season ticket if he goes.

I also won't attend another away game until he goes too.

I shall follow from afar, and still be a supporter hooked on every word that is uttered from the club or its players.

Will any of that change if we win the first 10 games of the season and are 7 points clear of the field?

I think you would be foolish to say never......

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
The Large One said:
And f*** the club over while you're at it. DK doesn't see any of this money, you imbecile.

Anyway, that's one dealt with. :bigwave:

So that's one dealt with is it? Great attitude- those of you on here hell bent on supporting MM until you go blue may find yourself in my position of loathing a manager as much as i do in the future.

Don't come running to us when it's all gone tits up and there are no mitigating circumstances to blame it on.

(Personally i think although our circumstances warrant a little looking at when it comes to what a manager can achieve- in no way can a lack of motivation, man management, decision making and tactical awareness be blamed on them- these lie squarely at the manager's door.)

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Rusco said:
I don't now see how MM can keep his job. With the story coming out in the Argus MM will always feel that he will never have the full support of the board and will struggle to get funds for players when he approaches them.

Based purely on football and on the pitch activities, I can't see how he can keep his job either, his record is poor (8 wins from 64)and we have been a club in free fall since the 2nd half kicked off against Millwall at home.

We need to be rebuilding for next year, looking at potential transfer targets etc. but this situation isn't doing us any good at all. It actually smacks of the summer when Hinshelwood was appointed all because DK went chasing around after another manager, we then missed the boat with team strengthening and we all know what happened next.

Now is the time for the board to cull the deadwood from the playing staff and let MM, BB and DW go. Let's start with a clean slate next season to ensure we go onwards and upwards

I think you have pointed out 1 thing in this post and that is who would we be able to get and how long will it take. I am sure that there will not be that many interested in our club with no finances etc and we could end up with another hinsh situation whereas we can not get a new manager in of any worth and thus struggle right from the off. It is fair enough that people want MM out ( of which I am not one ) but we have to look at the fact that we would struggle to get someone else in as
1) we would have to pay MM off
2) we would have to play to get a manager from another club and
3) this will destroy any transfer budget we have.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
sully said:
Will any of that change if we win the first 10 games of the season and are 7 points clear of the field?

I think you would be foolish to say never......

Seriously, i would like to think that i'm not fickle- i havent been before (season ticket holder at Gillingham- *listens as most of you whistle and look at your feet*), and i dont intend to be again- this season has turned me off football, and it MAY take alot to win me back.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
blockhseagull said:
I never said it made you less of a supporter but not going purely for the reason of not liking the manager is making the whole club suffer and is only indangering the future of the club you support
Some people just aren't prepared to pay £23 or whatever it is now to watch the shit McGhee serves up.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
blockhseagull said:

The less of a supporter was aimed more in general at the less mentally well endowed members of this board than yourself.

I agree its a risk i take that by punishing the very thing i love i may find myself without said thing.

However this club faces more challenges to its life from external forces than if a small percentage vote with their feet over the manager.

I haven't taken this decision lightly.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Uncle Buck said:
If stays I will continue watching the club but will not support the manager. Managers and players do come and go, as a rule fans do not change clubs.

I have never been a fan of McGhee, so that is hardly likely to change.

:clap: :clap: :clap: Nail on the head there mate. Support is just that. If you can afford to go you should go. There have and are players / managers / other things about the club that I have not liked but have still renewed my ST and will continue to do so whilst I can afford to go to matches.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Sorry to hear this season has put you off football. I think wins against Leeds and Palarce showed we had the ability.

Having to sell Virgo and Hammond must play a role and Falmer is a massive factor.

The sides with the three lowest attendendes went down so money plays a huge part in the championship.

My fear is supporters arguing at the game, we sit behind the dugout and seeing fans shouting at McGhee is more upsetting than the poor level of football.

Some guy told me to p*** off for shouting encouraging words at MM.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Trigger said:
Some people just aren't prepared to pay £23 or whatever it is now to watch the shit McGhee serves up.

Yep that'll be me. I didnt go to Stoke even at the bargain price. Why? Because I knew that MM couldnt motivate the team to put in one last hurrah.

I knew we would get horsewhipped. And so it proved.

As UB said. I will go to support the team and yes I will go next season but I still maintain that MM is NOT the right man to have in charge.

Wrong tactics, wrong players in position, clueless at set pieces, unfit players, a system that didnt make us hard to beat, saying results in certain games dont matter etc etc. These are not Falmer or LDC or DK but issues the MANAGER is in control of.

Last edited:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
If you went to Stoke you would have seen that we were the better side in the first half.

They had a 750,000 pound striker who took the two chances they had.

We had a youth team player up front.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
B.M.F said:
:clap: :clap: :clap: Nail on the head there mate. Support is just that. If you can afford to go you should go. There have and are players / managers / other things about the club that I have not liked but have still renewed my ST and will continue to do so whilst I can afford to go to matches.

Also B.MF that is my other consideration- As Albion fans we are all well aware of the financial situation surrounding the club, and i have been happy to have a season ticket for each season at Withdean, paying over the odds to help us achieve our ultimate goal of Falmer.

However a season such as this with all the goings on, as a fan i feel that enough may be enough and can i justify spending money i don't have? (have also been made redundant very recently, so i had to evaluate it from that point of view too.)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Horton's halftime iceberg said:

My fear is supporters arguing at the game, we sit behind the dugout and seeing fans shouting at McGhee is more upsetting than the poor level of football.

Some guy told me to p*** off for shouting encouraging words at MM.

That is exactly my fear, we could have fans hurling abuse and even fighting with each other. Sad that it could come to that but it is something the board should consider in making their decision.

Aug 2, 2004
SW France
No matter how much is spouted on here,the bare facts are that only about 7and a half thou can watch any home game so all this bitching about what game who goes to is a load of crap..........sack MM,all the old guard,get a new regime in, pity Lewes didn't vote the LibDems out yesterday................I'll have another glass of wine....................:wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here