Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How strong is your dislike of Palace?

How strong is your dislike of Palace?

• Total voters

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Like some others on here I genuinely, honestly feel a bit sorry for them. When someone tells me they support Palace I just think "aww poor you".

I mean the club is a bit of a joke, they have that ridiculous orange man with the highlights in charge and their kit looks like a Jesters outfit. Even on the train through Selhurst and Thornton Heath I look out of the window thinking sad little thoughts as I watch the endless fried Chicken shops and International money change signs trundle by.

I saw one of their comedy shirts being worn in Western Road recently and felt like going up to the poor sod wearing it and patting him on the back and saying there there. Why do I feel this way about them and no other team?

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Like some others on here I genuinely, honestly feel a bit sorry for them. When someone tells me they support Palace I just think "aww poor you".

I mean the club is a bit of a joke, they have that ridiculous orange man with the highlights in charge and their kit looks like a Jesters outfit. Even on the train through Selhurst and Thornton Heath I look out of the window thinking sad little thoughts as I watch the endless fried Chicken shops and International money change signs trundle by.

I saw one of their comedy shirts being worn in Western Road recently and felt like going up to the poor sod wearing it and patting him on the back and saying there there. Why do I feel this way about them and no other team?

So how do you see Brighton as a club then BH?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

You forgot the Cash Converters outlets too :lolol:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
So how do you see Brighton as a club then BH?

Hello SJLM, long time no correspondence.

I am not saying that Brighton are some sort of footballing bohemoth, but I have always just had this sort of pity for Palace fans. Its a combination of all the factors I have already mentioned plus things like your emblem that sort of twisted M shaped bird and the silly name, oh I dont know its everything really.

It wouldn't matter if Palace were Champions of Europe, theres just a slightly gloomy, dull and pointless feel to the whole set up there.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005

I am not saying that Brighton are some sort of footballing bohemoth, but I have always just had this sort of pity for Palace fans. Its a combination of all the factors I have already mentioned plus things like your emblem that sort of twisted M shaped bird and the silly name, oh I dont know its everything really.

It wouldn't matter if Palace were Champions of Europe, theres just a slightly gloomy, dull and pointless feel to the whole set up there.

There is at the minute i will give you that! :shootself

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005

Funnily enough i know a hell of a lot of Palace fans who feel exactly the same about Brighton and Charlton.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Even on the train through Selhurst and Thornton Heath I look out of the window thinking sad little thoughts as I watch the endless fried Chicken shops and International money change signs trundle by.

QUOTE]

Funny that Jed, I travel that line on a commute to Watford and have yet to see a Fried Chicken place. I will look again tonigt and report back. Did you go to Southend?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Even on the train through Selhurst and Thornton Heath I look out of the window thinking sad little thoughts as I watch the endless fried Chicken shops and International money change signs trundle by.

QUOTE]

Funny that Jed, I travel that line on a commute to Watford and have yet to see a Fried Chicken place. I will look again tonigt and report back. Did you go to Southend?

Who is this Jed of whom you speak? I did go to Southend though.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
And until Warnock gets these 2 strikers he has been after for what seems decades that is how it will stay!

Sheva has gone back to Pastaland, maybe Mickey Owen will fancy a move down to Selhurst? Maybe, maybe, Berba is stalling waiting for Warney to put a bid in? How about the name 'Berbatov' on the back of a Palace shirt!!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Funnily enough i know a hell of a lot of Palace fans who feel exactly the same about Brighton and Charlton.

No no sir you are mistaken, no-one can feel sorry for Brighton fans, we have a great emblem (its a SEAGULL) unlike your crippled shitehawk thing.We have a kindly old man in charge not someone who looks- and dresses- like a pimp. We dont have to wear clownish outfits to play in and there are no International money changing places, Afro Hair shops,Cash Converters or fried chiken emporiums within 2 miles of the theatre of shit.

And we are near the beach, wheras you are near the abbatoir and sewage works.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Clampett...

Nice sorts in Southend don't you think...

Ah, I see.

I live just outside Southend these days and can tell you it is an absolute hole!

The locals seem to be all ex East End car dealers and the women...well don't get me going..If racism, binge drinking and Burberry float your boat, Southend is for you!

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Ah, I see.

I live just outside Southend these days and can tell you it is an absolute hole!

The locals seem to be all ex East End car dealers and the women...well don't get me going..If racism, binge drinking and Burberry float your boat, Southend is for you!

Well I was mucho gladdo to get back to Croydon I can tell you. Puts things into perspex...

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Ah, I see.

Cheers mate.I'm moving to Southend now. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here