Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How strong is your dislike of Palace?

How strong is your dislike of Palace?

• Total voters

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
Barney, thak Wardy you are not old enough to remember the great old days of the Albion Palace rivalry (it really was quite something), or you might explode with hatred towards them!

Good for you, though, you have summed them up very nicely.

That's how I feel really but as a 42 year old and a "responsible" parent I felt I should try and be mature about it.

bollox. you would be irresponsible to not hate them..... i am a lot older than you AND a grandparent , i hate them and will till my dying day.in fact i have told my kids to make me a palarse supporters club member when i am dead and cremate me in a scum shirt so i can take one of the bastards with me

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It used to be, but I have loads of palace mates and apart from their obvious shortcomings in life they are all decent guys and galls.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Hate the club but I know quite a few palace fans and very nice chaps they are too!

I don't like them that much but it doesn't come anywhere near the hatred I have for Man Utd - that is REAL hatred.

Glad I'm not the only one...ManUre are loathesome, Palace don't annoy me like they used to-the couple of dimwits who come on here once in a while are irritating but even then I just feel sorry for them having to live in Croydon.

It does make me smile whenever they lose though.

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
Dislike CPFC intensely and always will. Is it possible to be an Albion fan and not to hate them? Having been born and raised in West Sussex though always reserved more contempt for Portsmouth. Can't believe that Orient were seriously put forward as a candidate for rivalry here though. They briefly irritated me during the dark years when we could never beat them and the announcer bloke there who also wrote a piece in the programme (Buono?) was by some distance the biggest buffoon I've ever encountered watching the Albion but it's all forgotten now.
Portsmouth though - just can't shake it. The inbreeding , the totally misplaced reverence for their fans even though they only have that one awful dirge for a song , the hideous slum they hail from , the ludicrous accent , Fred Dineage , Micky Quinn giving the North Stand his middle finger after scoring a penalty that never was (probably).
Keeping us in for ages in the rain and replaying the infamous 5 goals in 14 mins.
Not losing in that 0-0 at Fratton when we gave the most complete exhibition of total football since the Holland sides of the 70s. To paraphrase the sublime Paul Weller "I could go on for hours and I probably will" but there's probably enough there to be going on with!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Until we are both in the same league on a consistent basis again i couldnt give 2 hoots to be honest.

Dislike Orient more to be honest, that will change though when we get promoted....

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I dont see what everyones problem is with them. Yeah its funny when I loose, but I still am amazed by the pure hatred towards them. I have been going for 20 years to the Albion and have only seen us play them 4 times.

It was embarrasing loosing 5-0 yes, but not world ending.

Then there is the SHITTEST Albion chant ever, about beating the scum at Selhurst park and being proud to smash their pubs up - its just wannabe hoolies that sing it, and if withing 10 yards of a scuffle will probably leg it.

Some of my mates are Palace fans, and they laugh at our results like I would laugh at theirs, but to go down to HATE route is beyond me

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
good to have a bit of fun between our two lots of fans, i always have a smile on my face when brighton get stuffed at the weekend but it is only a game and lifes far to short for hate towards another club.religation would do me fine.

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
I don't really hate a team, I am 22 and strongly dislike P**ace, and living in the north of Sussex have encountered a few that are complete muppets. But I did have a decent P**ace supporting flatmate for a short period, so can be a bit hard. In recent years I have grown to dislike Arsenal and Chelsea (due to the large numbers in Crawley), but still dislike P**ace a bit more.

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
good to have a bit of fun between our two lots of fans, i always have a smile on my face when brighton get stuffed at the weekend but it is only a game and lifes far to short for hate towards another club.religation would do me fine.

Agreed. Except I smile when P**ace screw up. :)

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Probably because for supporters under the age of 30 there is a lot more history with Orient than there is with Palace.

I am only fifteen and i HATE palace!!! Best day of my life was when we won at Selhurst

Paul Mcshane:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I don't like them that much but it doesn't come anywhere near the hatred I have for Man Utd - that is REAL hatred.

word.

P*l*ce hatred is local banter for me really, I REALLY destest the red shit

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
i am only 20 but i have a strong dislike for anyone who follows palace. i have read a fair bit of what went on before my time.

add that to the fact they are fairly local, are situated in a f***ing SHITHOLE, their fans are kunts, their owner is a kunt, they are of a reasonable similar standard to us, there is history between us, some of my pals support them (and are kunts), i see more than enough reasons to dislike them.

i will f***ing love it if we go up this year, or even if we stay down and they come down so i can experience going to selhurst and the atmosphere and hatred there.

i will genuinely lose my rag.

Top post Barney :thumbsup:

It's in my blood to support Brighton, it's in my blood to hate Palace. It's how I am and always will be. It's how I've been brought up, and I salute my dad for it.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I enjoy us beating Palace more than any other club, but I just don't get this hatred thing. I don't hate any club or any supporters. As far as opposition supporters are concerned, I couldn't care less about them. I have a great passion for the Albion so when I watch them I am only interested in them; opposition supporters don't even exist. I have never understood why some people get so obsessed with them and seem to spend more time chanting and taunting them than watching the game.

There is so much stereotyping of some club's fans and most of it is just nonsense. Every club has its idiots but the majority of fans are just as passionate about their clubs as we are.

There's an Albion fan I hate a million times more than any Palace fan. He was the one who, when McShane scored the memorable goal at Selhurst completely spoiled the moment and the match for me by not celebrating the goal and not enjoying watching the players celebrate. He was so obsessed with getting as close to the Palace fans as he could to taunt them that he barged straight through us, elbowing my girlfriend in the face and knocking her over. All that to get another 20 yards closer to their fans who were still 50 yards away! He certainly had hatred and hysteria in his eyes. If people call that an acceptable part of football I feel very sorry for them.

Then there's the other so-called Albion fan who, at Priestfield, screamed at a Gillingham player, "I hope you die of cancer!" A real charmer and worthy of all the abuse that gets dished out on here about other clubs' supporters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here