Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How strong is your dislike of Palace?

How strong is your dislike of Palace?

• Total voters

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I don't like them that much but it doesn't come anywhere near the hatred I have for Man Utd - that is REAL hatred.

i concur exactly:bowdown:

there a lot more teams i dislike before Palace, especially Man U, it more the fans attitinde more than the teams though

They are filthy scum that don't wash, and might nick stuff - but I don't reserve much care about them. I'd like them to lose every week, but not necessarily go out of the league.

Respeck for their involvement in REMF, fo' sho', and I have to look forward to our next match against the slime.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I suspect there is an age thing going on here...us oldies :)ahem: I'm 34 btw) probably remember the fights in Hove Park, Hove Station etc and have a reason to dislike them. Our younger followers (through no fault of their own....I blame the parents!) haven't seen many BHA-CP encounters/lived through the hooliganism of the 70's and 80's so may not have a grasp of what was envolved.

barney

Jul 31, 2006
I suspect there is an age thing going on here...us oldies :)ahem: I'm 34 btw) probably remember the fights in Hove Park, Hove Station etc and have a reason to dislike them. Our younger followers (through no fault of their own....I blame the parents!) haven't seen many BHA-CP encounters/lived through the hooliganism of the 70's and 80's so may not have a grasp of what was envolved.

i am only 20 but i have a strong dislike for anyone who follows palace. i have read a fair bit of what went on before my time.

add that to the fact they are fairly local, are situated in a f***ing SHITHOLE, their fans are kunts, their owner is a kunt, they are of a reasonable similar standard to us, there is history between us, some of my pals support them (and are kunts), i see more than enough reasons to dislike them.

i will f***ing love it if we go up this year, or even if we stay down and they come down so i can experience going to selhurst and the atmosphere and hatred there.

i will genuinely lose my rag.

cattlin'srockshop

Nov 15, 2007
where no-one can find me
i am only 20 but i have a strong dislike for anyone who follows palace. i have read a fair bit of what went on before my time.

add that to the fact they are fairly local, are situated in a f***ing SHITHOLE, their fans are kunts, their owner is a kunt, they are of a reasonable similar standard to us, there is history between us, some of my pals support them (and are kunts), i see more than enough reasons to dislike them.

i will f***ing love it if we go up this year, or even if we stay down and they come down so i can experience going to selhurst and the atmosphere and hatred there.

i will genuinely lose my rag.

Barney, thak Wardy you are not old enough to remember the great old days of the Albion Palace rivalry (it really was quite something), or you might explode with hatred towards them!

Good for you, though, you have summed them up very nicely.

That's how I feel really but as a 42 year old and a "responsible" parent I felt I should try and be mature about it.

barney

Jul 31, 2006
Barney, thak Wardy you are not old enough to remember the great old days of the Albion Palace rivalry (it really was quite something), or you might explode with hatred towards them!

Good for you, though, you have summed them up very nicely.

That's how I feel really but as a 42 year old and a "responsible" parent I felt I should try and be mature about it.

why thank you.

:laugh: luckily for me, i am young enough and irresponsible enough to hopefully enjoy a good bit of rivalry in the coming years before i get into "responsible" mode.

:thumbsup:

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
Love to see them lose but couldn't really say I hate them.

Love the banter and rivalry and that will just get better when we're in the same league again. (Unless they get relegated of course).

The guys that come on here like SJLM and Super Neil seem pretty decent and keep the banter flowing

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Life Ban for Tom Hark ???

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Hated them with an absolute passion when I was younger, remember crying at Selhurst Park when we got whopped 3.0 but in truth they are a proper football club, I hate Leeds more and Chelsea. i still love it when Palace get beat and winning at Palace was one of the highlights of the last 5 years. I even have a mate who supports Palace, REMF is very special and the fact they supported us in our hour of need will not be forgotten. Next year in the championship BHA beat Palace away to send them down:albion2: forever

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
True, the games against them were just fantastic for atmosphere and the result could ruin or make a weekend. Seldom was the football any good and those games we played against them in the Championship brought back to me how great it was to have two derbys a season. Total elation or total depression, a draw always felt like we'd both been cheated.

Another argument for regionalising the lower leagues ; derbies more or less every game.

Bring back terraces,too!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Spawn

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here