Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much State benefit do you pocket every month?

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
i hope you are on a very low wage, otherwise that is appaling. why should i or others bother to save? whole attitude to benefits makes me sick, a safty net turned in to state dependency.

Well I'd hardly have bothered finding out if I was raking it in every month would I?

You're right about the tax credits though, it's a completely ridiculous system. On the one hand EVERYONE has to pay tax BUT those on a low wage get handouts to help offset the tax they've paid, quite often for MORE than the tax they were originally liable for. So the government take from you with one hand and then dish it back out to you with another.

Why not just let people off the tax in the first place?

Last edited:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Cos when you're dribbling in your wheelchair it will be someone elses child wiping your arse.

What a bullshit answer. So you think people would stop having kids if there was no child benefit? As I said before, if you can't afford kids don't fecking have them. Don't expect the taxpayer to finance your brood.

No idea how many countries have child benefit. Certainly don't here in the USA. There would be an uproar if joe taxpayer was asked to subdidize other people's offspring.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
What a bullshit answer. So you think people would stop having kids if there was no child benefit? As I said before, if you can't afford kids don't fecking have them. Don't expect the taxpayer to finance your brood.

No idea how many countries have child benefit. Certainly don't here in the USA. There would be an uproar if joe taxpayer was asked to subdidize other people's offspring.

Well, there is an uproar in the US about subsidising basic healthcare, so I am not quite sure the USA is a decent yardstick.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
i hope you are on a very low wage, otherwise that is appaling. why should i or others bother to save? whole attitude to benefits makes me sick, a safty net turned in to state dependency. look at tax credits, why on earth isnt it simply an increase in allowance for all, no paper work, no cocking up the payments and no having to borrow moeny to pay it back (happened to a friend, he was royally shafted).

How gay.

The last goverrnemt got us into this reccession and are to blamed for rising unemployment.If that's not bad enough you have foriegn labour stealing jobs and compainies exploiting the system.
As for benefits i get plenty thanks.Pointless telling people like you who will sit there making comments without knowing facts.

(Awaiting p)

Last edited:

ArfurW8

May 22, 2009
Fort Neef
The lady I am currently seeing gets approximately £270 a month for rent,£80 a month child benefit and working tax credit as well (whatever that is)
She has 3 unemployed sons who all get unemployment benefit and housing benefit,seems to me that they have no intention of getting employment.
She works hard but a messy divorce and a lousy ex has ruined her financially.

To support her and her family through my income tax it would probably take ten years worth or more of my income tax to finance them for a year.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
How gay.

The last goverrnemt got us into this reccession and are to blamed for rising unemployment.If that's not bad enough you have foriegn labour stealing jobs and compainies exploiting the system.
As for benefits i get plenty thanks.Pointless telling people like you who will sit there making comments without knowing facts.

(Awaiting p)

:shrug: i was critising the dependency culture created by the last governement. though frankly anyone happy to take the hand outs is basically agreeing with and supporting Browns grand plan, making yourself need state intervention to get by. but you keep blaming "foreign labour" bogeyman if it makes you feel better.

wodge

Nov 15, 2009
The lady I am currently seeing gets approximately £270 a month for rent,£80 a month child benefit and working tax credit as well (whatever that is)
She has 3 unemployed sons who all get unemployment benefit and housing benefit,seems to me that they have no intention of getting employment.

To support her and her family through my income tax it would probably take ten years worth or more of my income tax to finance them for a year.

That's enough about your mum, tell us a little about yourself.....

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

I suggest you find a woman of independent means ...

ArfurW8

May 22, 2009
Fort Neef
I suggest you find a woman of independent means ...

You are probably right,but it is a fairly relaxed relationship and she does pay her way when we go out.I make no financial contribution to her family or household expenses.

Almost forgot,she is a good shag as well.

1066gull

How gay.

OH f*** OFF.

Foreign labour are not stealing jobs from the British. The British people are lazy. Back in 1997 the plumbing industry in this country was dire. There were no workers around to give good service because the British people did not want the work because it was low paid. Then came Polish people, people from East of Europe or wherever, like a good friend I know called Lukas. He did not come here to steal our jobs, he came here like many others because the jobs are available. They did not moan about it being low paid, they trained and they worked and now the plumbing industry is paid quite well above minimum wage. You think you have the right to throw people out because British people want the jobs back? That is disrespectful to people like Lukas who worked the butts off when the industry was not so good to work in.

Its the same with my Dad, in the 70s there wern't enough British workers in the dairy industry, because they did not want to do it. He did not take British jobs away from British people, he came here because their were jobs available in this country and it was cheaper to run a dairy farm than mainland Europe. I'm half Dutch, I was born in this country, to say I am not entitled to work is damn right bigoted. I have never earnt a penny from the state in benefits, all my student loan has to be paid back in time and I have received no grants. Nor has my Dad. He came to this country to work where British people were not interested in and has not claimed a penny in benefits. He collects grants from schemes run by Europe, but never from the state.

Had you ever began to engage brain that the people coming in to this country actually bring the money? Look at all the major building constructions being built, they are all run and financed by Arab businessman. If you stopped all those people coming in to this country, this country would stop, we would still be stuck in 1997 because there would be no money to build any of the construction complexes thus being no work for the builders in this country, because British workers are lazy, they don't know how to earn their money as long as they have enough for the pub in the weekend.

Do your research next time.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Oi you bigoted retard

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You cannot say foreigners are taking jobs from British workers when it is British people too lazy to do jobs that are available.

Do your f***ing research where the money comes from.

You send me one more pm like that you fat c.u.n.t and you will be researching your head at a hospital.

Last edited:

1066gull

Oi you bigoted retard

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You cannot say foreigners are taking jobs from British workers when it is British people too lazy to do jobs that are available.

Do your f***ing research where the money comes from.

You send me one more pm like that you fat c.u.n.t and you will be reserching your head at a hospital.

You really are a nasty peice of work. I replied because your initial post is racially offensive to the people who have helped develop this country to be one of the respectable counties around in the 21st century.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
I can't believe anyone is annoyed at Labour by child tax credits. It's all well and good saying 'people that can't afford kids shouldn't have them' but it's not that simple. Some people either don't realize how expensive children are, or are just too stupid to care. What do you propose we do? Leave the child to suffer a life of constant struggle and pain through no fault of their own?

Just because a government expenditure doesn't benefit us it doesn't mean we shouldn't care about it. That's like saying 'I haven't been serious ill before so why am I paying for other people to use the health service? Lets close it down.' Have some compassion.

Don't worry, the new government will have them removed and we'll instead pay people because they're married and VAT & NI will increase.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
We get about £80 a month child benefit that we don't need . It goes into a separate account and every so ofter I spend it on scuba diving.
If the government were to stop it for families like us on £50k+ a year and give it to the more needy, I'd not complain.

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City

Time to see a new lady..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here