thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Public sector - 0%

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
"PS my taxes are paying my wages too" Quoted by edna krabapple

Please do explain how you pay yourself.

Us poor hardworking peasants who pay for your luxury copper bottomed public funded life style would love to know how you contribute to this fraudulent situation.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Self-employed, run own company, no increase in charge-out rate since 2003. It's known as the real world.

Can i ask what your company does ?

I'm a self employed spark in london, a year ago my rate was 165 per day, it dropped to 145 but rallied a bit to 150's, from next week it will a big fat zero as the contract i was on is finishing and the building trade is still dead in london. EVRY TRADESMAN I KNOW HAS HAD A PAY CUT/PERIODS OF UNEMPLOYMENT IN THE LAST 18 MONTHS.:mad:

Sorry to hear that - The electrician who contracts in to me says the same for him (also in London)

BUT to buck the system a bit here, my day rate has gone up by 40%.

And it's not made one jot of difference to forward work load (October)

Credit crunch - North Stand Chat

U.S wise words has been an inspiration to me.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Most public sector salaries are agreed years in advance though. So yeah, I get a pay rise this year, of about 2 point something percent (can't remember exactly), as part of a three year deal. The Conservatives have already intimated they will seek to stop this (presumably while their MPs vote themselves another rise and pop in the expense forms for that hot tub in the second home), but then they've never been big fans of the public sector, have they?

2% is hardly pushing the boat out IMHO, and the flip side is that police officers, nurses, teachers etc aren't in a position during the boom times to go to the boss and say "hey, I'm doing a great job, give me a massive bonus/ salary increase". We get what every other person in our position does, no matter how good or bad we are at our job. Private sector employees, on the other hand, are often in a position to negotiate.

PS my taxes are paying my wages too :p

And how would you lot react to a Pay Cut, or an end to your final Salary Pension?

Finally, Political Parties OF ALL COLOURS have realised that the Gold Plated, Index linked Final Salary Public Sector Pensions have to go. They are simply unsustainable, the Country cannot afford them.

Look at what is happening in the real world, hundreds of Companies are closing their Pension schemes - yet at the moment, those in the Private Sector continue to pay (30% of all our Council Tax) for the Pensions of Public Sector workers.

Start a personal pension when you start your working life, pay in what you can afford, but don't expect someone else to pay for it.

Last edited:

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
These so called Pulic Servants will be telling us next that they pay for their own publicly funded pensions.

Soon they will live in the real world,

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
As with most people posting on here in the private sector, a big fat 0% and has been that way for years.

In real terms, I am worse off each year, but at present just grateful to have a job.

Finch

Jul 21, 2009
New Zealand
"PS my taxes are paying my wages too"

Please do explain how you pay yourself.

Us poor hardworking peasants who pay for your luxury copper bottomed public funded life style would love to know how you contribute to this fraudulent situation.

Are you a dunce? His taxes pay his wages just like anyone elses does. Do you think working in the public sector means you don't have to pay tax?

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
2.5% private deferred until Jan 11 and based on performance targets.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Dunno, will wait to see in August.
With the price of oil increasing, hopefully it'll be a good'un (offsetting the cost of petrol???)

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Our rises are awarded in January 2009 0% and 2010 0%. We did just get a crimbo bonus and pay rises will be reviewed in June (summer bonus time) so hopeful, but don't expect anything tbh. Private sector

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
8.9% I'm ashamed to say...but 6% of that is an increment that I was due based on years of service in the public sector.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
8.9% I'm ashamed to say...but 6% of that is an increment that I was due based on years of service in the public sector.

I rest my case :wozza:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

:(

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Your point being what?

???

See earlier post ...

The government are asking employers to show pay restraint and yet the public sector are still getting pay rises.

The private sector have cut wages, cut staff numbers and yet still the government and opposition speak about "waste" in terms of public sector workforce numbers.

It appears to me to be a two-teir system, the private sector reacted within 3 months in my company and yet two years down the line the public sector workers are still receiving pay rises and numbers haven't chnaged.

In brief that's what it was about

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here