Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much is YOUR pay rise this year

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What he said

We did, however, receive a Christmas night out at Prezzo's, all expenses paid. I had the pizza, followed by the banoffee pie.
This MORE than made up for the lack of a payrise for two years, as I'm sure you can imagine.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
i left full time job to become sole carer for my mrs (unfortunately her ms is getting worse), so i went from 25k plus bonus to being on benefits - but on the basis that i have to "care" for her for minimum of 35 hours a week, the dwp take 52.50 a week from one benefit then "pay" me 84.50 a week, so i essentially get "paid" 32.50 a week to be a carer.

the system is wrong imho

that stinks mate, its almost a slap in the face, my partners health is now steadily declining and with no cure i will probably have to face at some point your situation, if thats what our system has to offer then i cant see me asking them shisters for anything other than if they have a concience

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
2008 - 2010 - 75%

Well you did ask. Can anyone beat this ?.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Left my very well paid job earlier in the year and have started up on my own; can give myself any sort of pay rise I like ... and then when I start making some money I could actually pay myself some of it! As I am earning, currently, about 10% of what I had previously fairly keen to do well in the pay rise / income stakes in the coming months!

Good luck to you sir! :thumbsup:

Did similar myself (with a business partner) 18 months ago and now reaping the rewards. Bloody hard work, but worth it in the end!

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
that stinks mate, its almost a slap in the face, my partners health is now steadily declining and with no cure i will probably have to face at some point your situation, if thats what our system has to offer then i cant see me asking them shisters for anything other than if they have a concience

all i can say is that when the time does appear on the horizon pm me and i am more than happy to share some advice on who to contact etc (bearing in mind i left work in august and my carers allowance finally got sorted about 3 weeks ago!!!)

it is a slap in the face, i've worked full time since 16 years old so the best part of 25 years paying tax etc, but on balance i just could not let a stranger look after my mrs and my son.

good luck taybha :wave:

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
2008-2009 -70%
2009-2010 (if start to year is maintained) +150% (still 50% down on 2008)

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
all i can say is that when the time does appear on the horizon pm me and i am more than happy to share some advice on who to contact etc (bearing in mind i left work in august and my carers allowance finally got sorted about 3 weeks ago!!!)

it is a slap in the face, i've worked full time since 16 years old so the best part of 25 years paying tax etc, but on balance i just could not let a stranger look after my mrs and my son.

good luck taybha :wave:

Thats good of you , will be very helpfull cheers for that. :thumbsup:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Good luck to you sir! :thumbsup:

Did similar myself (with a business partner) 18 months ago and now reaping the rewards. Bloody hard work, but worth it in the end!

Cheers,

It's one of those things, I guess, you take a chance and the harder you work at it the less of a risk it should be, all looking good thus far!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
08 0%
09 0%
10 0%

Private sector and who cares, my hours have increased but least I have a Job, and have been employed since 1986 never once claimed any Dole.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Private sector:

3.1% last year (individual agreements on performance)

I suspect 0% this year although I made more money for the company.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Not had a pay rise since 2004, and also commison been stopped last year.
So in real terms earning a lot less than yearster year.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
We were a little bit top heavy on our desk so i negotiated a deal whereby i would receive a bonus and pay rise dependent on the number of people we made redundant, could only manage to lose two people though, still it gave me a nice 20 % rise :thumbsup:

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
ROFLMAO. Rise? Rise? My salary dropped by 40% last year as a result of redundancy and the industry I worked in being a complete graveyard in any recession forcing a move into a completely different job.

I'd only say to anybody who's kept their job and got a rise, just be happy with that, boys and girls. It could be a shitload worse.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
wont find out until October , depends on if Labour are elected for a 4th term and introduce the minimum "living wage" of £7.60 p.h.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We were a little bit top heavy on our desk so i negotiated a deal whereby i would receive a bonus and pay rise dependent on the number of people we made redundant, could only manage to lose two people though, still it gave me a nice 20 % rise :thumbsup:

"Well, there's good news and bad news. The bad news is that Neil will be taking over both branches, and some of you will lose your jobs. Those of you who are kept on will have to relocate to Swindon, if you wanna stay. I know, gutting. On a more positive note, the good news is, I've been promoted. So, every cloud...

You're still thinking about the bad news, aren't you?"

-D. Brent :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here