Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much is YOUR pay rise this year

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
Public Sector

4.2%

The way they decided to do it was to link it to the Retail Price Index which was 0% for yonks, so they said, you'll either get 0.5% increase or RPI plus 0.5% whichever is greater. Fortunately for us the RPI went up sometime at the beginning of the year and so we ended up with 4.2%.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Love it how the government ask employers to show pay restraint and yet the public sector pay rises (given the evidence on here) seem to continue?

No doubt civil servants everywhere are now smashing a response into their keyboards (** could I just remind you that whilst you are doing that my taxes are paying your wages)

** For those of an agressive or unstable disposition this is a flippant comment designed to create an irrational response, known on NSC as fishing)

It is a fair point. From my point of view this is the last installment of a 3 year deal for my lot. It'll be 0% for a while after this year I imagine.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I'm an IT contractor so I only pay myself £6k annually [even when I'm not working]

Accounts year ended in March and this year for the first time I cleared £100k revenue - however, was out of work for a year during 2008/09 so this year is a massive up on last.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
0% last year, despite a promotion, and I'm not holding my breath this year.

Meanwhile, my fuel bill ........

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
5% on the salary plus £150 added to the quarterly bonus.

:thumbsup:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Private, and am expecting the same as the last 2 years. Bugger all.

Shanker45

Jan 19, 2010
East Preston,West Sussex
Private - 12.5%
Big restrcuture saw about 20% of work force made redundant last year.
Rise in recognition of extra responsibilities
very pleased - although prior to this we had 0% for 2 years

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
i left full time job to become sole carer for my mrs (unfortunately her ms is getting worse), so i went from 25k plus bonus to being on benefits - but on the basis that i have to "care" for her for minimum of 35 hours a week, the dwp take 52.50 a week from one benefit then "pay" me 84.50 a week, so i essentially get "paid" 32.50 a week to be a carer.

the system is wrong imho

beardosh

Insert witty comment here
Dec 14, 2009
Private Sector

0% 2009
1% 2010 - only got that after appealing and throwing toys out of the pram. Now I can sit back and think of all the amazing things I can do with my extra £20 a month!

Voice of Reason

Jan 7, 2006
Hailsham
Love it how the government ask employers to show pay restraint and yet the public sector pay rises (given the evidence on here) seem to continue?

No doubt civil servants everywhere are now smashing a response into their keyboards (** could I just remind you that whilst you are doing that my taxes are paying your wages)

** For those of an agressive or unstable disposition this is a flippant comment designed to create an irrational response, known on NSC as fishing)

Fished - Public - 0%
Wife - Private - 2.5%

Last edited:

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
3% in the financial sector, but that was very biaised towards individual performance. Had the company performed it would have been closer to 10% so a bit disappointed, however thankful for anything when you speak to others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here