Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much did you spend on your wedding?

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Lorrenzo said:
Not a fraction of what it cost to get divorced!

Well worth it.

:drink:
I can't remember what my first cost but it was way less than the divorce. I think it must have been about £2-3K. Budget savers were a cake made by wife's best friend's mum, honeymooned with relatives in the States and no flashy suits. We also picked a reception venue that only held 50 people!

I'm getting hitched again on Cup Final Day and will be astonished if we spend as much as £3k including honeymoon (I'm just surfing for a last minute break to Venice!). Of course, now we have ebay to help with dress, rings, etc. But even the registry office with the notices was £190 to start with!

Incidentally, not one guest has saved us money by not coming because it's Cup Final day.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Rowdey said:

and for ELS, the best bit was getting an account set up at Trailfinders which everyone could pay into towards a honeymoon climbing Kilimanjaro.. £3500 Kerrrr Ching..!! :lol:
Even took my BHA scarf all the way to the top!

:albion:

I'm liking that bit, Rowdey :clap2:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
caz99 said:
i assume that was aimed at me.

my father has offered to give us the money for the deposit for the flat, but we chose to have the wedding paid for as we wanted a nice day and what we wanted. i have three extended families coming from a foster home.

i am not moaning about saving for a deposit i am moaning about the constant rise in prices and the unobtainablity it will be for first time buyers because of second home owners want to 'invest' and 'cash in'

as i said before personal preference is everyones wedding. i dont think you have a right to slag off someone spending £15k anymore than i have to slag off yours for costing £5k.

not at all Caz99, it just crossed my mind that the two events are traditionally and to a lesser extent intrinsically linked, think bottom drawer collection for household stuff, and traditional wedding presents etc.

I just thought that being sensible on one side would spread to the other and help in both ways, whilst getting married is an unforgetable day, I think theres much more to be had from life together afterwards, its just the beginning really, so putting all your eggs in one basket so to speak doesn't seem logical to me if you know you'll be working longer and harder to acheive personal goals thereafter.

or to put it bluntly, investment in your home will last a lifetime, a weddings just a big piss up for a day. we did the former and could afford to ther latter anytime thereafter . . . . until children come along :rolleyes:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
we were very fortunate in that karen's parents paid for most of it with a contribution from my mum and dad ( how much I have no idea) possibly a couple of thousand only

We were married at All Saints in Patcham and Reception at the Sackville - but we were skint so no evening do unfortunately.

Its our 25th next year, so we may make up for it by having a party.

My mum and Dad bought us a 3 Piece suite and I think Karens parents bought us a bed, everything else we had to buy ourselves and took a good couple of years to get things like Washing machine etc. In fact we started off with a small black and white telly, until we went to Radio Rentalls and rented a colour TV.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
About £20k all in. Married in Tarring, the reception in that conservatory bit and adjoining room at The Grand and then 3 weeks in Zanzibar.

The best money spent out of that lot was the 50p per head to have cheese and pineapple added to the evening buffet menu. Not sure I'm ever going to pay about £75 for cheese and pineapple again, but it was fab!

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
zefarelly said:
not at all Caz99, it just crossed my mind that the two events are traditionally and to a lesser extent intrinsically linked, think bottom drawer collection for household stuff, and traditional wedding presents etc.

I just thought that being sensible on one side would spread to the other and help in both ways, whilst getting married is an unforgetable day, I think theres much more to be had from life together afterwards, its just the beginning really, so putting all your eggs in one basket so to speak doesn't seem logical to me if you know you'll be working longer and harder to acheive personal goals thereafter.

or to put it bluntly, investment in your home will last a lifetime, a weddings just a big piss up for a day. we did the former and could afford to ther latter anytime thereafter . . . . until children come along :rolleyes:

agreed, but i do follow tradition i have had a bottom draw for the past 3 years, also tradtion in my parents paying for most of the wedding.

however agree that things will change when kids come along which hopefully will be soon.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
good luck Caz, and don't rush into the kids bit, enjoy yuour selves and savour the moment, for at least a year !

we had it easy Dave, it was much harder in your Day eh ;)

My mum was Telling Mrs Zef about my Dad decided to rip up the floorboards and rewire the house when she was in hospital giving birth to me, thought he'd get it done in a few days :lolol:

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
About £250 quid - 34 years ago - and still together

Read it and weep

:lolol: :drink: :salute:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here