Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much did you spend on your wedding?

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Trotster said:
Or you could come to the racecourse, have the best wedding planner in the world and get great deals on venue hire and catering! ;)

I can recommend Fontwell as a great venue to get married!!!

I cant remember what we spent but a mate did the flowers (just expense of buying them which wasn't that cheap!), the wine came from a relative in Belgium, a mate did the Photos as a wedding present, plus we decorated the place ourselves. It was a fantastic day, the weekend round off nicely by the Albion winning in the play off final the next day then off to the West Coast of Ireland for 2 weeks.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
blimey, its just my personal opinion but as much as I had a fantastic day getting married, I didn't want to spend a fortune on it as we wanted to spend most of it extending our house and kitchen...

So (as already mentioned by my super H) we got married at Shoreham Airport (now registered as a registry office) in a civial service. Then all traipsed over to Shoreham for dinner for our nearest and dearest (I think 26 peeps?) and then the oldies filtered off home and the rest of us carried on via a few pubs around town. It was a fantastic day with our closest friends and family only. We're still going to have a massive garden party for all the masses some day... Probably conjointly with Arthurs 1st Knights of the Round Table party....

Also:
I made my own dress
I made our wedding cake
Photos were a gift from Zef's Dad
No flowers (can't stand the things)
Used our own car...

And spent the night in our own bed in our own house ;) :lol:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
tedebear said:
blimey, its just my personal opinion but as much as I had a fantastic day getting married, I didn't want to spend a fortune on it as we wanted to spend most of it extending our house and kitchen...

So (as already mentioned by my super H) we got married at Shoreham Airport (now registered as a registry office) in a civial service. Then all traipsed over to Shoreham for dinner for our nearest and dearest (I think 26 peeps?) and then the oldies filtered off home and the rest of us carried on via a few pubs around town. It was a fantastic day with our closest friends and family only. We're still going to have a massive garden party for all the masses some day... Probably conjointly with Arthurs 1st Knights of the Round Table party....

Also:
I made my own dress
I made our wedding cake
Photos were a gift from Zef's Dad
No flowers (can't stand the things)
Used our own car...

And spent the night in our own bed in our own house ;) :lol:

You made your own cake? Jenni's thinking of doing the same - was it easy / what sort of cake did you make?

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Deano's Right Foot said:
bruntnell eh?

haven't seen him for years - last time was around "normal for bridgewater" time. He had some 16 year-old whizz kid guitarist grinding out some flashy solos.

the brunt himself.

minus of course young james the whizz kid who is now with the pernice brothers i think...

D

Deleted User X18H

Got married in St Johns Preston Road last June Wedding Breakfast and reception at The Metropole honeymoon San Francisco and Las Vegas overall approx £16000 ...........well you only do it once ;)

Last edited:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Lokki 7 said:
I think the average UK wedding is up near the 20 grand mark now. Staggering.
We got married in a Finnish lakeside castle for free because my mum-in-law is the manager. :) Total cost for us was only about £3.5. I can ask her if she will do you a deal if you like.

20K what a fecking joke - so 30% of them can split up within a year, bugger that!

You can have a decent enough do for a round 5k i reckon it just depends how snobbish you or she wants to be.

Last edited:

D

Deleted User X18H

Trotster said:
Or you could come to the racecourse, have the best wedding planner in the world and get great deals on venue hire and catering! ;)
We recieved details from the Race course to be honest we thought it looked shit............nothing could beat the Metropole for a traditional Brightonian wedding...........however Mrs Hove B&B'S friends are getting married at the the race hill in June so will shall see then.???

Last edited:

Trotster

Jul 9, 2003
Threshers
hove born&bred said:
We recieved details from the Race course to be honest we thought it looked shit............nothing could beat the Metropole for a traditional Brightonian wedding...........however Mrs Hove B&B'S friends are getting married at the the race hill in June so will shall see then.???

Really - which date?

Sorry to hear you thought it looked shit - the other 63 couples whos weddings i have arranged seemed to think it was ok!

By the way - its not race hil!!!!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
8 years ago it cost about £7000.

Its cost me £2500 to get divorced and the slut faced whore about the same
:angry: :angry: :angry:

D

Deleted User X18H

Trotster said:
Really - which date?

Sorry to hear you thought it looked shit - the other 63 couples whos weddings i have arranged seemed to think it was ok!

By the way - its not race hil!!!!
It is the Race Hill if you spell it properly:p June 3rd I think ......oh no Derby Day..............:ohmy:

D

Deleted User X18H

I must admit though I have been to a first class wedding at Fontwell.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Brighton till i die said:
mine cost me just under £17,000! :ohmy:

that was for 80 sit down meal, 140 in total. Including the honeymoon, rings, blah blah blah!!

but.......i got the BEST f***ing BLOW JOB ever at the end of the day!!

;)

Did your missus find out? :lolol:

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
I am just in the middle of planning mine.

We are having church wedding, which is costing £400 but includes choir.

Reception is at the Old Ship Hotel in Brighton. The reception will probably come to about £9k in all after added things.Luckily for us my parents are footing the reception bill and also my wedding dress which cost over £1k. 4 bridesmaids dresses and accessories such as shoes.

It came between the Grand and the Old Ship, there wasnt much of a price difference to be honest. The Grand were just snottier, not particularly interested and wanted more than one wedding on at a time. Not what I want when I get married.

We have hired a chocolate fountain for the evening at the cost of £350 for 3 hours, hired 8 morning suits, cravats, waistcoats for the tune of £750.00. 2 cars £470.00

We have a friend who is making our cake. We havent even looked at photographers or florists yet. We think this will probably be about another £1.5k at least. You also have wedding favours, presents for parents, bridesmaids etc!

Overall I think it will be probably cost £15k without the honeymoon. We have just over 100 sit down and about 140 in the evening.

As soon as you mention wedding everything shoots up. We are trying to keep costs down as well by using people that we know for discount. We thought it was ridculous spending £20k on a wedding but now know how easily it adds up.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just about to emerge the other side of wedding preparation.
(I'll be planning my own 'tidying up' threads as the day looms). Esp as the proposal & other threads were on here as I was getting round to the deed, itself.

We've paid for the event ourselves & have made sizeable saving along the way.
About 10k has covered the whole thing, (inc honeymoon).

Attaching the word wedding to products, seems to allow retailers to add a 100% mark up.

Our best saving, bizarrely enough, has been the cake.
Apparantly it's currently very 'trendy' to have a stand of miniture iced cakes, instead of 1 big one.
So we're getting 90+ iced fancies from our local baker for £45.00, & a £20 stand.
We were quoted some outrageous prices for what is just a cake.

& yes the cakes & all things wedding are in Albion blue & white.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Church Service - saved on costs as my Dad did it.
Wedding Reception - Dudley Hove (Mum paid).
Wedding Cake - Mum in law paid
Honeymoon (skint) - Zakynthos

Oh and as we lived in Birmingham at the time we travelled furthest to our wedding :lolol: :lolol:

Last edited:

D

Deleted User X18H

caz99 said:
I am just in the middle of planning mine.

We are having church wedding, which is costing £400 but includes choir.

Reception is at the Old Ship Hotel in Brighton. The reception will probably come to about £9k in all after added things.Luckily for us my parents are footing the reception bill and also my wedding dress which cost over £1k. 4 bridesmaids dresses and accessories such as shoes.

It came between the Grand and the Old Ship, there wasnt much of a price difference to be honest. The Grand were just snottier, not particularly interested and wanted more than one wedding on at a time. Not what I want when I get married.

We have hired a chocolate fountain for the evening at the cost of £350 for 3 hours, hired 8 morning suits, cravats, waistcoats for the tune of £750.00. 2 cars £470.00

We have a friend who is making our cake. We havent even looked at photographers or florists yet. We think this will probably be about another £1.5k at least. You also have wedding favours, presents for parents, bridesmaids etc!

Overall I think it will be probably cost £15k without the honeymoon. We have just over 100 sit down and about 140 in the evening.

As soon as you mention wedding everything shoots up. We are trying to keep costs down as well by using people that we know for discount. We thought it was ridculous spending £20k on a wedding but now know how easily it adds up.
Ican recomend GREAT BIG SMILE.COM very reasonable

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
caz99 said:

As if to underline what everyone is saying, you have to shop around, as 6 of us will be in full morning attire for just £400.00

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The first one I can't really remember but with photos and the church I would estimate about £100, most of the tab was picked up by the father in law. The second was $123.34 which was the license and the service which was carried out by a real pastor in a resturant. There was a meal for immediate family (and wife) right after which I think was a miserly $110.

The costs came later.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm staggered at the cost of all this. If I had a spare 20 grand knocking around, I'd rather spend it on the house or on a really good holiday. Not to mention the fact that for every year afterwards, the wedding anniversary could clash with a Brighton or Sussex match :)

I'd like to know whether all the happily-married couples think that all the expense was worth it, or do they wish they'd spent their money differently?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here