Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How jealous are Palace???!!! lol

Palace4ever

Apr 13, 2011
Palace fan admits Selhurst is a shithole, hehe marvellous scenes. Not sure about the quote about girls with STDs though but I'm sure palace fans have lots of experience of girls with STDs. And please if the Amex is a girl with an STD then Selhurst is like her dead mums clunge after the coffin has been eaten through by rats and they feast on her remains.

You are jealous, thats why you lot keep coming here making desperately stupid ill informed comments about how crap our magnificent state of the art stadium is, a stadium that fans of other teams that have actually been here have given a massive seal of approval to. Financial stability at Palace, really? what a joke, you've had a minor cash injection and have bought one or two anonymously average players for small change whilst your own manager admits that the club do not have any money to spend. You can't shift enough tickets and are resorting to giving them away because no-one wants to watch your shower of shit. Mind you none of my musing about palace are based on any hard facts, rather like the shite most of you Nigels spout on about on here.

I imagine a paltry crowd of 4 figures will watch you lot play Crawley tonight, expect us to pay you a visit and rip the piss if you slip up against them and expect us not to give a shit if you beat them.

The funny thing is that during the entire saga of Jordan's ownership (that as we all know ended in administration) the fact that we splashed any cash was criticised by you lot as financial mismanagement and us 'spending beyond our means'. This despite the fact that our revenue streams were many times what yours were. Now that our owners are actually taking a prudent approach and (in doing so) are actually safeguarding our future - that too is a sign of poor financial management on the part of our board. All the while Bloom is adopting the same school of thought as Jordan etc and suddenly that IS the way to be a club with a secure financial future. Even though the debt you have got to one man is over double the amount that we had in our administrations combined and until this year with pittance in the way of revenue.

Surely you can see the absurd hypocrisy in your own statement?

No Palace fan is at all proud of what went on in the last decade off the field and rightly so. However, your shifting of the goal-posts as to what constitutes acceptable running of the club to fit in line with your own way of doing things makes you look silly and as such your points equally so.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
The funny thing is that during the entire saga of Jordan's ownership (that as we all know ended in administration) the fact that we splashed any cash was criticised by you lot as financial mismanagement and us 'spending beyond our means'. This despite the fact that our revenue streams were many times what yours were. Now that our owners are actually taking a prudent approach and (in doing so) are actually safeguarding our future - that too is a sign of poor financial management on the part of our board. All the while Bloom is adopting the same school of thought as Jordan etc and suddenly that IS the way to be a club with a secure financial future. Even though the debt you have got to one man is over double the amount that we had in our administrations combined and until this year with pittance in the way of revenue.

No Palace fan is at all proud of what went on in the last decade off the field and rightly so. However, your shifting of the goal-posts as to what constitutes acceptable running of the club to fit in line with your own way of doing things makes you look silly and as such your points equally so.

Unless you bugger off with your well reasoned arguments you will be banned!!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
What is quite amusing is that there is a whole thread on here about how obsessed and jealous Palace fans are...:lol:

Anyway, there is a lot of sniping and bantering going on both here and on the BBS - but that is all part of having a rivalry is it not?

My honest perspective on how I see you guys. Whilst I do love to hate Brighton (it is part of being a Palace fan of course) I am actually glad that we are both back playing in the same league - and of course it is a bonus that it is in a decent league. I honestly do not think there is jealousy from Palace fans becasue we feel a lot brighter about our own future than we have in the last decade. What we do feel towards you is a begruding acknowledgement that you guys aren't the 'poor relations' of the rivalry that you once were, so of course we are going to try and belittle you guys in every way possible...

In a rare non-rivalry-based moment that I am having now, I am impressed by your start to the league season. I think you'll do alright. Whilst neither of us will (IMO) be chasing promotion towards the end of the season, we'll do better than anticipated. I also think both our fixtures will result in a home win and lock us into a bit of a stalemate as to which side is better etc etc.

We are all too aware that Selhurst is a dinosaur of a ground and whilst there is a fondness of the familiar and pride in how long the ground has been part of our history, we are aware that some serious thought and work needs to go into our home. Either that will be a new ground back at the original CP site, or should that prove a non-starter then a massive overhaul of Selhurst. Our knocking of your ground isn't in direct comparison to Selhurst, but more that it cost you £100m ish. I will wait till I have experienced it before slagging it off - but I am expecting A LOT for that money....

Wow - it feels strange conversing with BHA fans and not sniping petty derisions, but that is about the crux of how I truly see BHA from a Palace perspective. I have my own views on your take on our respective clubs, but I know that you'll disagree with my assumptions....

All I hope is that we actually get a few seasons of league matches in succession. It is far better for bragging rights than looking into the current ownerships, grounds and past misdemeanours of both teams for cheap point scoring...

My thoughts exactly ,top posts

Palace4ever

Apr 13, 2011
In fairness the last time I posted on the BBS was during the Croydon riots. I hoped everyone stayed safe and I'm not one to get into one-upmanship but your post did get under my skin. I'm happy to listen to any points you may have about Bloom but his family involvement and interest free loan - that can be converted into shares, speaks for itself, doesn't it? I won't go into the admin thing again but if we do use it as a 'stick' to 'beat' you with it's because quite frankly you bloody deserve it.

The admin stuff is indeed a valid point to raise in certain arguments - but you lot bring it out when it isn't even relevant. There are many, many questions reagrding Bloom's business model that have never been answered, but frankly I don't care enough as it is not my clubs future that is dependant on it - but do know that if Palace fans are asking some questions of things being funded or things not being transparent it comes from a place where we took ones mans word for gospel and didn't question things until it is too late.

I'm sure that there will be another 'admin' insult coming along shortly and this too will go unlistened to, but they are concerns that (at the back of your minds at least) you should consider.

As it goes - fair play for your last posts on the BBS, but many post comments like you have on here, and that is what sparks the jibes...

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
I wonder if any of them will be man enough after their visit to say they actually like the ground?

they will all sit there like mongy lemmings reassuring each other that it's bollocks. despite all evidence to the contrary. they'll come away saying it is soulless despite being hit by a wall of sound and atmosphere for the full 90+, refusing to understand that the fans make the soul, and we got plenty - wouldn't they after 14 years homeless? They'll come away saying it is identikit and corporate, whilst laughingly calling it the wonky warehouse - not noticing the contradiction in the fact it is therefore unique in it's design (before we start talking about the arches and whatnot). they will steadfastly refuse anything positive. who cares? we know what our stadium is like. fan-f***ing-tastic. end of story.

if all else fails they'll say it was too expensive, though i'm sure this is fair what with most pikeys having higher degrees in architecture, business and the building industry. and don't forget they are sure that bloom's money was made gambling and when we are quizzed about it, it falls on 'deaf ears'... he is taking a reckless punt of the club and isn't bothered if his plan falls short... this despite his long standing family history on the board, fact that he doesn't have to disclose his wealth to a f***ing football magazine here or a f***ing public rich list there, and the sensible repayment plan for what is a BIG but obviously f***ing CRUCIAL (as if it needs saying) investment for the club... which by the way is already generating money hand over fist.

all the bollocks they talk is consolation. i don't think they are necessarily jealous but they are certainly confused about the emotions they are feeling over their rivals right now... and it is leading to a lot of intellectual and emotional dishonesty and - like a twattish pikey gaggle of insecure beta-male monkeys - a WHOLE lot of mutual cock-holding. WANKERS!

Last edited:

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
What is quite amusing is that there is a whole thread on here about how obsessed and jealous Palace fans are...:lol:

Anyway, there is a lot of sniping and bantering going on both here and on the BBS - but that is all part of having a rivalry is it not?

My honest perspective on how I see you guys. Whilst I do love to hate Brighton (it is part of being a Palace fan of course) I am actually glad that we are both back playing in the same league - and of course it is a bonus that it is in a decent league. I honestly do not think there is jealousy from Palace fans becasue we feel a lot brighter about our own future than we have in the last decade. What we do feel towards you is a begruding acknowledgement that you guys aren't the 'poor relations' of the rivalry that you once were, so of course we are going to try and belittle you guys in every way possible...

In a rare non-rivalry-based moment that I am having now, I am impressed by your start to the league season. I think you'll do alright. Whilst neither of us will (IMO) be chasing promotion towards the end of the season, we'll do better than anticipated. I also think both our fixtures will result in a home win and lock us into a bit of a stalemate as to which side is better etc etc.

We are all too aware that Selhurst is a dinosaur of a ground and whilst there is a fondness of the familiar and pride in how long the ground has been part of our history, we are aware that some serious thought and work needs to go into our home. Either that will be a new ground back at the original CP site, or should that prove a non-starter then a massive overhaul of Selhurst. Our knocking of your ground isn't in direct comparison to Selhurst, but more that it cost you £100m ish. I will wait till I have experienced it before slagging it off - but I am expecting A LOT for that money....

Wow - it feels strange conversing with BHA fans and not sniping petty derisions, but that is about the crux of how I truly see BHA from a Palace perspective. I have my own views on your take on our respective clubs, but I know that you'll disagree with my assumptions....

All I hope is that we actually get a few seasons of league matches in succession. It is far better for bragging rights than looking into the current ownerships, grounds and past misdemeanours of both teams for cheap point scoring...

In truth, I find it pretty difficult to disagree with this.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Apart from in history.

Come out with a pikey comment then, farmboy.

I am not jealous of Brighton, i've said this before. Your ground looks very nice from outside, but inside, it looks like concrete from the thousands of pictures that Wigman posted on the BBS. If it's filled in, it'll look a lot better, but right now, it looks great on the outside, but bad on the inside. Like a girl with a STD.

And a lot of the posts on the BBS about Brighton, are by the infiltration of filth that we have had on there from here.

There is very little for us to be jealous of you about. We have financial stability, our hero as manager, chairmen who interact with the fans and have the club's interests at heart.

And so what if our Ground is a shithole? Stadiums don't win games. Look at Huddersfield or Oxford.

The thing you need to realise is that the ground is not currently finished - only phase 1 has been completed. Planning permission is still required for phase 2 - if this is granted then the obvious gaps in cladding etc. on the inside will be rectified when the extra seats / hospitality is installed in the corners, and as a second tier on the East stand. If planning is refused, then either the stadium will be finished off as per current planning permission, or a step back will be taken and a new tailored application will be submitted.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I'm a bit concerned the Br*ghton Ultras might be about. YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.!

Cringeworthy to say the least!

At least they're not a total embarrassment. :lolol: :lolol:
attachment.php

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Jealous of you lot - f***ing hell, you really are deluded. See you at the Airfix, when we'll show you what a proper atmosphere is.

You then go and start a thread about us and have the bare face cheek to say we're obsessed with you. ???

Sure you 12,000 fans must make a right racket cant even fill half ya stadium mate

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton

Sorry Nige, where in any of that did I once mention Tony Bloom and how he is running our club and the amount of money he may or may not be spending? So how exactly can my post be hypocrisy if I didn't actually post anything in relation to what you are whining on about you utter tool. You are just making it up as you go along aren't you? Since you have bought the subject up though and commented on how Bloom is running our club, an opinion of yours with no factual basis whatsoever, I would like to correct you on a point or two, Jordan borrowed money from various banks and secured it against his assets to bankroll Palace which ended up with various loans being called in by banks and companies with no affiliation to Palace and then administration. Bloom and his family have been at the Albion for decades and bleed blue and white, there are no banks or hedge funds lending vast sums of money, Bloom has paid for the stadium out of his own pocket and the 'debt' to Bloom is in the form of interest free loans over a very long period of time, loans which he clearly has no intention of calling in and in all likelihood will be only partially paid off and the balance written off over the next 25 years because Bloom wants his legacy to be the stadium and isn't really bothered about getting the bulk of his money back. To compare Jordan to Bloom is another ridiculous fantasy of yours, our spending is well within our means and budget with no debt to service and our income rocketing due to selling 18000 season tickets and huge matchday income every home game, also by selling a number of players at a profit in the last year. Yet again you try and lecture us about financial prudence, like anyone gives a flying monkeys f*** about anything you have to say about how to manage a club, thats all you have left to cling onto to try and criticise us about though, since there clearly is not one single aspect about Crystal Palace football club that could even remotely be classed as superior or better that the Albion, keep trying mate, i'm sure it makes you feel better about the situation. As for you lot coming to the Amex to show us an atmosphere, 20,000 Albion will blast you out of your seats, better bring your earmuffs Nige, it will be non-stop for 90 minutes as you get caned.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
on the 27th sept it will finally dawn on those palace fans lucky enough to secure tickets how far they have fallen and how far the albion have risen. When their ears are assaulted by a wall of sound and atmosphere the likes of which they can only dream of at a half full decrepit shitpit selhurst park they will have to begrudgingly accept that brighton are bigger, better and leaving them in our wake. All their bleating about the past and their countless other ridiculous and outlandish claims about the albion will mean nothing as they are ripped apart by our passing, pace and trickery. Their fans of a team of nomarks with a nomark manager from a nomark town in the absolute shit infested scabby arsehole of looted sarf larrndern will eventually scuttle off to their council bedsits and fleet of two wheeled pvc pikeyvans to ready themselves for the inevitable when the championship shits palace out of its arse into league 1. :d

yeahhhh baby !!!!!!!!!!!! Love it !!!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
See it is posters like you on the BBS that actually cause the constant one-upmanship that goes on and that your fans have felt the need to point out on here...

I am not going to pick up on any one of the number of valid points and questions that have been brought up in relation to Bloom, his wealth, history or affiliation with Brighton - because quite frankly when that is put to any of you in a genuine way it falls on deaf ears and the usual bollox about admin or some other stick you chose to beat us with comes out to play (even when it has nothing to do with the point in question).

What I will say is believe me when we say that we are not jealous. Who's to say if in 5 or 10 years time if you guys have somehow gone above and beyond where we are there may be some real jealousy on our part. The way I (and many of us Palace fans) see it is that at the moment you have done a lot of boasting and given it out to a lot of clubs in this league (not just us). So far you are playing catch up for the last God-knows how many years and have it all to prove. You may prove yourselves right, you may not. However, until you actually can back up your claims with actual proof of longevity in this league (and above) with consistently good signings and finacial prosperity then we have feck all to be jealous of.

JAT

Please come back and talk of longevity in this league when you've achieved it without screwing your creditors. Twice. Your cretinous posters on here have been bragging about how you've never been lower than this division, using that as the proverbial stick to beat us with in order to gain bragging rights. All the while they ignore the financial cheating that allowed you to remain unhindered while more honourable clubs settled their debts to the detriment of their playing side. Please don't expect anything less all the while the brainless cretins try and lord it over us whilst conveniently ignoring the fact that Crystal Palace should have been wound up because of its inability to finance itself without screwing everybody it dealt with. Remember-your club has done this twice, therefore, you have absolutely no right to come on here bragging about how great you've been over the last 12 years whilst taking the piss out of us.

THAT is why you will always get the administration stick beating your cretins who give it the Billy Big Bollocks every time they come on here.

With regard to Tony Bloom's business model-what exactly is there that we should be worried about? The stadium has been paid for in full-weird concept I know. The loan to the club is interest free and if for some reason there isn't the necessary money to start paying the debt-a concept you'll be familiar with, the debt converts to shares. There is nothing for us to worry about, no matter how much that rankles you lot. Tony Bloom is not a Simon Jordan-he has a business brain whereas Jordan was an entrepreneur who got lucky. Tony Bloom is investing in the whole club, from a new £15 Million training facilty, right down to grass roots level whereas Jordan and others before him threw money you didn't have at players you couldn't afford. There couldn't be more difference between the two clubs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here