Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How jealous are Palace???!!! lol

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Palace fan thinks our fan looks like concrete, what shocking revelation next? Sea just looks like water? House made of bricks resembles brick house? Football pitch just looks like a load of grass on a flat surface? Croydon looks like a diseased maggot ridden turd?
Violettes-in-Crans-Montan-001.jpg

It just looks like stone. Rubbish.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
After reading the 9 pages it is clear that EVERYTHING is seem in a negative light. EVERYTHING. I may take it more seriously if it were more balanced but they undermine any legitimate points they may have with the blanket " everything is crap " diatribe. Very sad and as I said slightly embarrassing.

I don't really know why anyone bothers with that Away End forum on the BBS anymore. It is the most desperately depressing read ever, with everything positive and good about the Albion given such a terrible negative spin FOR THE SAKE OF IT.

They are worried and jealous and can't stand our rise from the ashes which we have been for the last 20+ years after Archer.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Oh dear a Palace fan made me laugh. I am off to bleach my brain.

Isn't this just healthy footy rivalry? How would we be if the roles were reversed? This board would be in melt down! I hate the northerners as much as the next Albion fan but if they want to talk about us, day and night,24/7 let them. If they don't talk about our ground or our manager or our football all that is left for them is to talk about our reject striker. We all know that they live in a crap hole of a town and watcha crap team so they look to their better southern cousins to find topics to make themselves feel better! 14,000 man u fans at the amex? ok you head case!

At least we have a decent rivalry this year, better than the manufactured one with scumhampton last season!
So why call them scumhampton then if its manufactured?

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
So why call them scumhampton then if its manufactured?

Because the last time i called them SCC and some people on here didn't understand what it meant.

Why call them SCC? because i had serious concerns over their handling of the media photographer affair.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
If he has made that decision based upon his heart being with Brighton, then you will surely have to ask at what point does the head rule the heart again to stop himself from financial ruin.
/QUOTE]

If your dole money & benefits* gives you £80 would you spent 12% of it on palace? as I'm sure plenty would.
If Tony blooms fortune is £800m would you be suprised if he spent 12% of it on Brighton?

It's not about how much he's spent it's about how much he can afford to spend.

*hypotheticaly

I look forward to your humiliation by the other sussex team tonight.

Last edited:

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
An Albion fan wrote this on BBS…

Albion fans use Palace’s two spells in administration only as a defence. If you are going to lord it over us, comparing your glorious recent history with our performances of the last fifteen years or so, then you should expect a robust reply.

During the period described, we have been driving a clapped-out Reliant Robin, because that is all we could afford, whereas you have been driving a Ferrari purchased with money that you did not have. In fact, you defaulted on the repayments for the Ferrari, saw the debt written off, then went out and bought a Porsche, again with money that you did not have, with the same results.

Small wonder, then, that you surged ahead of us in the race.

Of course, it is likely that you would have been way ahead of us even without the gambling and speculation, because you are bigger and better than us, but the gambling and speculation gave you an added advantage while they lasted.

Palace4ever

Apr 13, 2011
If he has made that decision based upon his heart being with Brighton, then you will surely have to ask at what point does the head rule the heart again to stop himself from financial ruin.
/QUOTE]

If your dole money & benefits* gives you £80 would you spent 12% of it on palace? as I'm sure plenty would.If Tony blooms fortune is £800m would you be suprised if he spent 12% of it on Brighton?

It's not about how much he's spent it's about how much he can afford to spend.

*hypotheticaly

I look forward to your humiliation by the other sussex team tonight.

Given that I am not as disingenuous as you I won't make comment about your stereotypical tendencies based upon your location - hyposthetically or otherwise. You lot can't decide if we are Nigels or Pikey's - neither applies to me so we'll move onto the next part of your post.

I agree that IF Bloom is worth £800m then giving 12% of that to his club is not unheard of. What is unheard of is how much he actually has - but I'll follow your lead and take it as gospel that he is worth almost a billion, because, well, he must be surely?

As my original post way, way back stated - in all honesty much of the derision and banter is going to come from the fact that you no longer are the much weaker part of the rivalry. It is back on a level playing field and it is making it all get a little bit heated.

If you want a reason why we are 'undermining' anything positive going on at BHA, it is the same reason that you lot convince yourselves that we are crap and why you feel the need to warn us about LuaLua 'coming to get us' or that you have signed yet another League 1 player for more than he's worth etc etc.

It is all 'my dad is bigger than your dad' stuff - surely you are aware of that no?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Give it up mate. Two administrations in ten years is shameful and is a major factor in why you have spent the last decade in the top two divisions. Take pride inthat if you want to - but do not try to tar us with the same brush.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here