Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How jealous are Palace???!!! lol

feller

N00b
Aug 13, 2011
Cambridgeshire
Roll on end of Sept. I can't wait for their first visit down to the soul-less, plastic fan-filled Amex. They'll have their eyes well and truly openec.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I do expect the more brainless of their support will do as much damage as they can. I think they will also kick off outside in the queues at the train station. But I am pretty sure that the old bill will have a plan in place for these type of nights.

Palace4ever

Apr 13, 2011
What is quite amusing is that there is a whole thread on here about how obsessed and jealous Palace fans are...:lol:

Anyway, there is a lot of sniping and bantering going on both here and on the BBS - but that is all part of having a rivalry is it not?

My honest perspective on how I see you guys. Whilst I do love to hate Brighton (it is part of being a Palace fan of course) I am actually glad that we are both back playing in the same league - and of course it is a bonus that it is in a decent league. I honestly do not think there is jealousy from Palace fans becasue we feel a lot brighter about our own future than we have in the last decade. What we do feel towards you is a begruding acknowledgement that you guys aren't the 'poor relations' of the rivalry that you once were, so of course we are going to try and belittle you guys in every way possible...

In a rare non-rivalry-based moment that I am having now, I am impressed by your start to the league season. I think you'll do alright. Whilst neither of us will (IMO) be chasing promotion towards the end of the season, we'll do better than anticipated. I also think both our fixtures will result in a home win and lock us into a bit of a stalemate as to which side is better etc etc.

We are all too aware that Selhurst is a dinosaur of a ground and whilst there is a fondness of the familiar and pride in how long the ground has been part of our history, we are aware that some serious thought and work needs to go into our home. Either that will be a new ground back at the original CP site, or should that prove a non-starter then a massive overhaul of Selhurst. Our knocking of your ground isn't in direct comparison to Selhurst, but more that it cost you £100m ish. I will wait till I have experienced it before slagging it off - but I am expecting A LOT for that money....

Wow - it feels strange conversing with BHA fans and not sniping petty derisions, but that is about the crux of how I truly see BHA from a Palace perspective. I have my own views on your take on our respective clubs, but I know that you'll disagree with my assumptions....

All I hope is that we actually get a few seasons of league matches in succession. It is far better for bragging rights than looking into the current ownerships, grounds and past misdemeanours of both teams for cheap point scoring...

Last edited:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
On the 27th Sept it will finally dawn on those Palace fans lucky enough to secure tickets how far they have fallen and how far the Albion have risen. When their ears are assaulted by a wall of sound and atmosphere the likes of which they can only dream of at a half full decrepit shitpit Selhurst park they will have to begrudgingly accept that Brighton are bigger, better and leaving them in our wake. All their bleating about the past and their countless other ridiculous and outlandish claims about the Albion will mean nothing as they are ripped apart by our passing, pace and trickery. Their fans of a team of nomarks with a nomark manager from a nomark town in the absolute shit infested scabby arsehole of looted Sarf Larrndern will eventually scuttle off to their council bedsits and fleet of two wheeled PVC pikeyvans to ready themselves for the inevitable when the Championship shits palace out of its arse into League 1. :D

This. Let them argue and bicker and joke, it all stems from their jealousy. Look at our future, look at theirs. Look at our stadium, look at theirs. Look at our squad, look at theirs. Look at our chairman, look at theirs. Look at our manager, look at theirs. They have NOTHING to gloat about and we are on the up, they have to bitch and snipe about us because they have nout to look forward to.

When we ''welcome'' them to the Amex we are going to spank them. It'll be by 5, or hopefully 6 goals. They are simply not ready and not good enough. I can't wait.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
Fun though, you can tell how gutted they are judging by the way they go on about us, I think they now realise that they are inferior in every conceivable way.
Apart from in history.

Come out with a pikey comment then, farmboy.

I am not jealous of Brighton, i've said this before. Your ground looks very nice from outside, but inside, it looks like concrete from the thousands of pictures that Wigman posted on the BBS. If it's filled in, it'll look a lot better, but right now, it looks great on the outside, but bad on the inside. Like a girl with a STD.

And a lot of the posts on the BBS about Brighton, are by the infiltration of filth that we have had on there from here.

There is very little for us to be jealous of you about. We have financial stability, our hero as manager, chairmen who interact with the fans and have the club's interests at heart.

And so what if our Ground is a shithole? Stadiums don't win games. Look at Huddersfield or Oxford.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
On the 27th Sept it will finally dawn on those Palace fans lucky enough to secure tickets how far they have fallen and how far the Albion have risen. When their ears are assaulted by a wall of sound and atmosphere the likes of which they can only dream of at a half full decrepit shitpit Selhurst park they will have to begrudgingly accept that Brighton are bigger, better and leaving them in our wake. All their bleating about the past and their countless other ridiculous and outlandish claims about the Albion will mean nothing as they are ripped apart by our passing, pace and trickery. Their fans of a team of nomarks with a nomark manager from a nomark town in the absolute shit infested scabby arsehole of looted Sarf Larrndern will eventually scuttle off to their council bedsits and fleet of two wheeled PVC pikeyvans to ready themselves for the inevitable when the Championship shits palace out of its arse into League 1. :D
Oh, my sides.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Apart from in history.

Enjoy it. The futures Brighton.

Your ground looks very nice from outside, but inside, it looks like concrete from the thousands of pictures that Wigman posted on the BBS. If it's filled in, it'll look a lot better, but right now, it looks great on the outside, but bad on the inside. Like a girl with a STD.

It's amazing inside and out and has won plaudits from across the footballing community. If it wasn't Brighton's stadium you'd have nothing but praise for it.

There is very little for us to be jealous of you about. We have financial stability, our hero as manager, chairmen who interact with the fans and have the club's interests at heart.

You have loads to be jealous about. How long will your stability last before you resort back to being a club that rips off local business? Our chairman interacts and is a third generation board member - oh and he's beyond minted. Gus is also a hero, and has got us playing football that we could have only dreamed about before he joined us. He's a footballing great and will soon be a top Premiership manager. You've got a hoofball merchant who might just prevent you from being relegated if you're really, really lucky.

And so what if our Ground is a shithole? Stadiums don't win games. Look at Huddersfield or Oxford.

Next season you'll be getting a much closer look.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
What is quite amusing is that there is a whole thread on here about how obsessed and jealous Palace fans are...:lol:

Anyway, there is a lot of sniping and bantering going on both here and on the BBS - but that is all part of having a rivalry is it not?

My honest perspective on how I see you guys. Whilst I do love to hate Brighton (it is part of being a Palace fan of course) I am actually glad that we are both back playing in the same league - and of course it is a bonus that it is in a decent league. I honestly do not think there is jealousy from Palace fans becasue we feel a lot brighter about our own future than we have in the last decade. What we do feel towards you is a begruding acknowledgement that you guys aren't the 'poor relations' of the rivalry that you once were, so of course we are going to try and belittle you guys in every way possible...

In a rare non-rivalry-based moment that I am having now, I am impressed by your start to the league season. I think you'll do alright. Whilst neither of us will (IMO) be chasing promotion towards the end of the season, we'll do better than anticipated. I also think both our fixtures will result in a home win and lock us into a bit of a stalemate as to which side is better etc etc.

We are all too aware that Selhurst is a dinosaur of a ground and whilst there is a fondness of the familiar and pride in how long the ground has been part of our history, we are aware that some serious thought and work needs to go into our home. Either that will be a new ground back at the original CP site, or should that prove a non-starter then a massive overhaul of Selhurst. Our knocking of your ground isn't in direct comparison to Selhurst, but more that it cost you £100m ish. I will wait till I have experienced it before slagging it off - but I am expecting A LOT for that money....

Wow - it feels strange conversing with BHA fans and not sniping petty derisions, but that is about the crux of how I truly see BHA from a Palace perspective. I have my own views on your take on our respective clubs, but I know that you'll disagree with my assumptions....

All I hope is that we actually get a few seasons of league matches in succession. It is far better for bragging rights than looking into the current ownerships, grounds and past misdemeanours of both teams for cheap point scoring...

Good post that. Sensible football fan. Shocking!

SE25

Banned
Feb 19, 2005
Oh South London...
Jealous of you lot - f***ing hell, you really are deluded. See you at the Airfix, when we'll show you what a proper atmosphere is.

You then go and start a thread about us and have the bare face cheek to say we're obsessed with you. ???

Last edited:

Palace4ever

Apr 13, 2011
Enjoy it. The futures Brighton.

It's amazing inside and out and has won plaudits from across the footballing community. If it wasn't Brighton's stadium you'd have nothing but praise for it.

You have loads to be jealous about. How long will your stability last before you resort back to being a club that rips off local business? Our chairman interacts and is a third generation board member - oh and he's beyond minted. Gus is also a hero, and has got us playing football that we could have only dreamed about before he joined us. He's a footballing great and will soon be a top Premiership manager. You've got a hoofball merchant who might just prevent you from being relegated if you're really, really lucky.

Next season you'll be getting a much closer look.

See it is posters like you on the BBS that actually cause the constant one-upmanship that goes on and that your fans have felt the need to point out on here...

I am not going to pick up on any one of the number of valid points and questions that have been brought up in relation to Bloom, his wealth, history or affiliation with Brighton - because quite frankly when that is put to any of you in a genuine way it falls on deaf ears and the usual bollox about admin or some other stick you chose to beat us with comes out to play (even when it has nothing to do with the point in question).

What I will say is believe me when we say that we are not jealous. Who's to say if in 5 or 10 years time if you guys have somehow gone above and beyond where we are there may be some real jealousy on our part. The way I (and many of us Palace fans) see it is that at the moment you have done a lot of boasting and given it out to a lot of clubs in this league (not just us). So far you are playing catch up for the last God-knows how many years and have it all to prove. You may prove yourselves right, you may not. However, until you actually can back up your claims with actual proof of longevity in this league (and above) with consistently good signings and finacial prosperity then we have feck all to be jealous of.

JAT

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

Are you sure you are a Palarse fan? you seem to have intelligence? Good Post.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Jealous of you lot - f***ing hell, you really are deluded. See you at the Airfix, when we'll show you what a proper atmosphere is.

You then go and start a thread about us and have the bare face cheek to say we're obsessed with you. ???

if you manage to sell your allocation? which i doubt.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Apart from in history.

Come out with a pikey comment then, farmboy.

I am not jealous of Brighton, i've said this before. Your ground looks very nice from outside, but inside, it looks like concrete from the thousands of pictures that Wigman posted on the BBS. If it's filled in, it'll look a lot better, but right now, it looks great on the outside, but bad on the inside. Like a girl with a STD.

And a lot of the posts on the BBS about Brighton, are by the infiltration of filth that we have had on there from here.

Palace fan admits Selhurst is a shithole, hehe marvellous scenes. Not sure about the quote about girls with STDs though but I'm sure palace fans have lots of experience of girls with STDs. And please if the Amex is a girl with an STD then Selhurst is like her dead mums clunge after the coffin has been eaten through by rats and they feast on her remains.

You are jealous, thats why you lot keep coming here making desperately stupid ill informed comments about how crap our magnificent state of the art stadium is, a stadium that fans of other teams that have actually been here have given a massive seal of approval to. Financial stability at Palace, really? what a joke, you've had a minor cash injection and have bought one or two anonymously average players for small change whilst your own manager admits that the club do not have any money to spend. You can't shift enough tickets and are resorting to giving them away because no-one wants to watch your shower of shit. Mind you none of my musing about palace are based on any hard facts, rather like the shite most of you Nigels spout on about on here.

I imagine a paltry crowd of 4 figures will watch you lot play Crawley tonight, expect us to pay you a visit and rip the piss if you slip up against them and expect us not to give a shit if you beat them.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.

Oh dear a Palace fan made me laugh. I am off to bleach my brain.

Isn't this just healthy footy rivalry? How would we be if the roles were reversed? This board would be in melt down! I hate the northerners as much as the next Albion fan but if they want to talk about us, day and night,24/7 let them. If they don't talk about our ground or our manager or our football all that is left for them is to talk about our reject striker. We all know that they live in a crap hole of a town and watcha crap team so they look to their better southern cousins to find topics to make themselves feel better! 14,000 man u fans at the amex? ok you head case!

At least we have a decent rivalry this year, better than the manufactured one with scumhampton last season!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
See it is posters like you on the BBS that actually cause the constant one-upmanship that goes on and that your fans have felt the need to point out on here...

I am not going to pick up on any one of the number of valid points and questions that have been brought up in relation to Bloom, his wealth, history or affiliation with Brighton - because quite frankly when that is put to any of you in a genuine way it falls on deaf ears and the usual bollox about admin or some other stick you chose to beat us with comes out to play (even when it has nothing to do with the point in question).

What I will say is believe me when we say that we are not jealous. Who's to say if in 5 or 10 years time if you guys have somehow gone above and beyond where we are there may be some real jealousy on our part. The way I (and many of us Palace fans) see it is that at the moment you have done a lot of boasting and given it out to a lot of clubs in this league (not just us). So far you are playing catch up for the last God-knows how many years and have it all to prove. You may prove yourselves right, you may not. However, until you actually can back up your claims with actual proof of longevity in this league (and above) with consistently good signings and finacial prosperity then we have feck all to be jealous of.

JAT

In fairness the last time I posted on the BBS was during the Croydon riots. I hoped everyone stayed safe and I'm not one to get into one-upmanship but your post did get under my skin. I'm happy to listen to any points you may have about Bloom but his family involvement and interest free loan - that can be converted into shares, speaks for itself, doesn't it? I won't go into the admin thing again but if we do use it as a 'stick' to 'beat' you with it's because quite frankly you bloody deserve it.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

Airfix? I thought it was Tampax? Or Gaymex? ???

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
A friend of mine from Crawley is a Palarse fan, tonight he is going with a group of mates to watch Crawley v Palarse and is sitting with the Crawley fans supporting Crawley. To me that just about sums them up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here