Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How important is your anonymity?

Do you prize your secret identity?

• I'd hate ANYONE on here to know who/where I am

Votes: 11 9.4%
  • I dont CARE if anyone knows who/where I am

Votes: 54 46.2%
  • Its not hard to find out who/where I am, and I'm not bothered as I dont go out of my way to upset pe

Votes: 47 40.2%
  • Fence

Votes: 5 4.3%

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
tedebear said:
It does - but made famous by Kath and Kim's tv show - maybe you haven't seen it?

Not sure I want to......

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
at the NSC meet up, people are nornmally known as their user name. I normally start off with " I'm DTG - or dave" Hiney introduced himself as " Hi I'm Hiney or Ian" so it tends to be an ice breaker really

Of course everyone knows Trigger as "Trigger", of safeway as "safeway" so the NSC name tends to get used as a nickname..

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
It weird when I meet people off here and am with people who I knew before. If I'm with Munkfish and Sir Danny Cullip, Munkers calls me Carl but SDC calls me Les. However they both seemed to get called by their real names by everyone.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Enough of the reprobates on here know who I am anyway :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Les Biehn said:
It weird when I meet people off here and am with people who I knew before. If I'm with Munkfish and Sir Danny Cullip, Munkers calls me Carl but SDC calls me Les. However they both seemed to get called by their real names by everyone.

I`d call you an irritating ****.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Dave the Gaffer said:

Of course everyone knows Trigger as "Trigger", of safeway as "safeway" so the NSC name tends to get used as a nickname..

Or the TWO Valders :lolol:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
gotta say I cringe when I hear people calling others by their NSC name at matches or losers that put their username on the back of the shirt!!

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
dwayne said:
gotta say I cringe when I hear people calling others by their NSC name at matches or losers that put their username on the back of the shirt!!

Only cause you're so embarrassed by your own username...:p

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Why should it matter? I'm no keyboard warrior and most people know 90% of what I say is in JEST.

Having said that, if you have an issue feel free to find me at the next Albion game and I'll beat the SHIT out of you in front of all your mates.

Last edited:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
When you meet Dwayne he is actually a nice bloke.

Its the alter ego, nasty dwayne that people associate with him.

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
I'm neither anonymous (it'd be difficult given my habit of upsetting certain local councillors) nor am I one for sharing the really personal details of my personal life with any internet forum.

I don't have a proper username but certainly, if in the company of friends who also use NSC, I prefer to use their real names. I cannot imagine any circumstance where I'd want my name on the back of a shirt but that's just a personal thing and anyway, I'm not a regular wearer of footy shirts.

But to be honest, an awful lot of people who complain piteously about being "got at" are reaping the consequences of using a message board like the Confessional.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
roz said:
I'm neither anonymous (it'd be difficult given my habit of upsetting certain local councillors) nor am I one for sharing the really personal details of my personal life with any internet forum.

I don't have a proper username but certainly, if in the company of friends who also use NSC, I prefer to use their real names. I cannot imagine any circumstance where I'd want my name on the back of a shirt but that's just a personal thing and anyway, I'm not a regular wearer of footy shirts.

But to be honest, an awful lot of people who complain piteously about being "got at" are reaping the consequences of using a message board like the Confessional.

Couldn't agree more.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Dave the Gaffer said:
Blimey....do you know there were two things that came out of that:

1. the east terrace bit at the bottom where it happened was closed the next season

2. my leg has never been right - including snapping my achilles etc on that bloody leg

You are not Huey's son are you? the really nice copper who stood by us?

No. I used to go with my dad and there was about 6 of them although the numbers dwindled towards the end of the Goldstone. To the left of us was always a Plymouth fan with ginger hair who always used to moan that 'It was never offside' Then there was you and your lot to the left of him. Quite how everyone managed to stand on the same bit of the East terrace week in week out was always a source of amazement to me.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I have only met a handful of NSC'ers in real life, the ones I have met were all very pleasant and I have no problem with them knowing my true identity, I have also been able to identify a fair few at games due to them having their nicknames on their shirts. I am not that bothered about people knowing a certain amount about me, such as the town I live in or the fact that I have lived a fair chunk of my adult life outside England. When it comes to more intimate details, if anyone is really that bothered, sorry but you will have to keep guessing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here