Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How important is your anonymity?

Do you prize your secret identity?

• I'd hate ANYONE on here to know who/where I am

Votes: 11 9.4%
  • I dont CARE if anyone knows who/where I am

Votes: 54 46.2%
  • Its not hard to find out who/where I am, and I'm not bothered as I dont go out of my way to upset pe

Votes: 47 40.2%
  • Fence

Votes: 5 4.3%

• Total voters

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hannibal smith said:
No. I used to go with my dad and there was about 6 of them although the numbers dwindled towards the end of the Goldstone. To the left of us was always a Plymouth fan with ginger hair who always used to moan that 'It was never offside' Then there was you and your lot to the left of him. Quite how everyone managed to stand on the same bit of the East terrace week in week out was always a source of amazement to me.

the plymouth fan is Dave and he still goes.....sits in the North stand I think ( along with his mate Frank)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Doesn't really bother me although my mobile has some interesting names in the memory !

I have to confess to being slightly pissed off when the Lewes Lib Dems print leaflets that quote the opinions of a "Lord Bracknell" that they read on NSC and then shove them through my neighbours' letter boxes, giving the impression that "Lord Bracknell" is something to do with ME.

Everyone knows how easy it is to hack into NSC and steal someone's identity.

PS ... If you're reading this, Marina ... I know how you feel. Some people have got the idea that you are some kind of witch, with a history.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I voted the 3rd option

I met a few people at the meet ups a few years ago. It was a good laugh. A few people know my real (Full) name.

I don't post really personal stuff on here.

There have been a few threads on here asking people who much they earned and what sort of debt they have. I leave them totally blank as it's no-one's business but my own.

It's common sense really. It's not fellow NSCers you necessarily have to be wary of but everybody else. Anybody can read these threads. Same as any other web site where you can post details.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I wouldn't go out of my way to tell everyone who I am but nothing to hide if people know.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I've met a fair few people from here at various times and in various places, and I've never had a problem with any of them (with one possible exception).

How much I let people know about me depends on the person and on the situation.

One particular NSC'er, for example, knows a fair few things about me that none of the rest of the people I've met from here do, because those things are appropriate for that person to know, but I wouldn't necessarily want them being fully public knowledge.

Porky

Oct 5, 2003
Ontario. Canada
Personally I think it is impossible to remain completely anonymous these days.
Big Brother has more information about us than we could imagine. I believe a lot of info can be garnered from the receipt at the checkout in any store.
On that note I will vanish back into the woodwork.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I would'nt post on the internet if I had something to hide so I dont care who knows about me! :wave:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I used to be a bit scared of people finding out who i was, hence this ridiculous username.

However, now i know quite a few people on here, so i'd probably rather have 'Mark' as my username than this!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Withdean Wanderer said:
However, now i know quite a few people on here, so i'd probably rather have 'Mark' as my username than this!

Just PM Bozza and ask him to change it, I'm sure he'd not mind.

How did your exam go, btw?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Withdean Wanderer said:
I used to be a bit scared of people finding out who i was, hence this ridiculous username.

Hello Mark I'm Lawrence :wave: I wish my parents had christened me bulldog I prefer that!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Frutos said:
Just PM Bozza and ask him to change it, I'm sure he'd not mind.

How did your exam go, btw?

Exam seemed to go pretty well....but that usually means i've cocked it up spectacularly!:lol:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Withdean Wanderer said:
Exam seemed to go pretty well....but that usually means i've cocked it up spectacularly!:lol:

:lolol: :lolol:

Certainly no use dwelling on it either way, and definitely don't start second-guessing your answers.

What's done is done now, so you may as well just put it out of your mind and chill out. :)

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Not bothered at all. Buy me a pint I'm yours. :)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Dave the Gaffer said:
the plymouth fan is Dave and he still goes.....sits in the North stand I think ( along with his mate Frank)

Almost. Dave and Frank actually sit in the South stand next to my Mum. Before anyone gets any ideas, my Mum's quite safe - its not THAT Frank!!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
not particularly bothered. I've posted my name on here a few times. No-one's come round moaning at my bad jokes, yet.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I reckon NSCers should be banned from using their screen names in public in case it frightens the general public. I mean, grown men shouldn't stand in the Brewery Tap and say things like 'Gerbil, I'd like you to meet SJ's Love Monkey'. That's just WRONG :nono:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Tom Hark said:
I reckon NSCers should be banned from using their screen names in public in case it frightens the general public. I mean, grown men shouldn't stand in the Brewery Tap and say things like 'Gerbil, I'd like you to meet SJ's Love Monkey'. That's just WRONG :nono:

It wasn't a man that said that. It was me!!:lolol: :lolol:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I really don't care because if someone wanted to find out who you are or where you are THEY WILL.
but most people can't even get your name right and instantly forget most things anyway:smokin:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here