Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How important is your anonymity?

Do you prize your secret identity?

• I'd hate ANYONE on here to know who/where I am

Votes: 11 9.4%
  • I dont CARE if anyone knows who/where I am

Votes: 54 46.2%
  • Its not hard to find out who/where I am, and I'm not bothered as I dont go out of my way to upset pe

Votes: 47 40.2%
  • Fence

Votes: 5 4.3%

• Total voters

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
tedebear said:
It really doesn't bother me in the slightest if people know who I am or where I am. I'm exactly the same on here as I am in reality! I have nothing to hide and most people would recognise Arthur in the street anyhow.... If anyone wanted to give me any trouble they would have done so long before now.

yes but dont let it slip that you are a 38-24-36 tede.......

ooops

:love: :love: :love: :love:

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Dave the Gaffer said:
yes but dont let it slip that you are a 38-24-36 tede.......

ooops

:love: :love: :love: :love:

Dave - you big hunk of spunk! ;) :lol: Your wife is the luckiest lady in the world to have you! (Except for Zef you know!!) :lol: :blush:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
prefer to be a poster behind my user name. Not interested in in peopleknowing anything more about me to be honest

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Dave the Gaffer said:
It was really funny in a pub at Orient, because one person on here who for some reason ( although I probably know why) posted some really horrible bile about me, kept on about the 4 poofs stuff etc etc....anyway, was in the pub and I got talking to these albion fans, who most of them I know ( an NSCer amongst them) and this person introduced himself as his username on NSC. I said to him...Oh hello I am Dave the Gaffer...he went white and said " Oh you know that stuff its all in fun isnt it.not to be taken seriuosly ha ha ha ....whatcha drinking mate..."

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It was quite amusing really

What would you have preferred Dave?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Dave the Gaffer said:
them) and this person introduced himself as his username on NSC.

It was quite amusing really

What sort of Nob head introuduces themselves as their user name. Jeez

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
With my username, I am anonymous even to myself. I have thought of changing it, but I could not choose from the many options conjured by my overactive imagination. The best that I came up with was Anticlockwise Banana.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Dave the Gaffer said:
and this person introduced himself as his username on NSC.

I've always wondered what the protocol is here. If I went to one of these NSC's meet ups and introuduced myself as 'Hannibal Smith' I would feel a complete choice plum. Then again, If I was to introduce myself as Nik, I'm sure everyone would be wondering who this 6ft lumbering idiot was.

Probably why I've never met anyone off here. Well, apart from Dave the Gaffer who I watched break his leg in a 3-0 win against Blackburn as a kid. Can't really class that I suppose.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
As a major public figure campaigning AGAINST Falmer I thought it best to keep my anonimity on here.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I prefer to remain unfaced, stick to this errant charicature routine, the wobble of fingers on keyboards, astounded at the way letters work together on occasion, and war on others. It's usually this state of pretence that the unhinged sit most comfortably and assuredly in. On here, like any messageboard, you can feign a fair deal, just cry and laugh in yellow orbs that represent a feeling you don't really own or sit rumbled by, to approve of others' acts or dispute them with red-faced thunder, ridicule with bulbous eyes and jesters hats or commend with metal paws wriggling atop a scalp. It's a tribalistic simpleton zoo for expression. Never the artistic asylum a few might wish for.

Either way, once you meet people in real life, they can only really be a disappointment, not as gifted or hilarious as you thought they were, or as attractive as a poem they once wrote online painted them to be. Unless you don't like them on here. Then on seeing them in the real world you notice caridgans, features, warts, scars, balls of keys, inquisitive eyebrows, workplace ties, diaries, oyster cards, the flipping of beer-mats, broken promises, and tales of dented cars and fights once won. Things you may mind less than the opinion of them you felt they built to anger you online.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Dougal said:

i sort of have to otherwise people wont know my name (Jim)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Dougal said:
I can think of only one thing sadder - having your username plastered on the back of your Albion shirt.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Wozza said:
What would you have preferred Dave?

I dont really know....

It just struck me as being rather funny.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
tedebear said:
Dave - you big hunk of spunk! ;)

I'm guessing it doesn't have the same meaning down under :lolol:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hannibal smith said:
I've always wondered what the protocol is here. If I went to one of these NSC's meet ups and introuduced myself as 'Hannibal Smith' I would feel a complete choice plum. Then again, If I was to introduce myself as Nik, I'm sure everyone would be wondering who this 6ft lumbering idiot was.

Probably why I've never met anyone off here. Well, apart from Dave the Gaffer who I watched break his leg in a 3-0 win against Blackburn as a kid. Can't really class that I suppose.

Blimey....do you know there were two things that came out of that:

1. the east terrace bit at the bottom where it happened was closed the next season

2. my leg has never been right - including snapping my achilles etc on that bloody leg

You are not Huey's son are you? the really nice copper who stood by us?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here