Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How has the CREDIT CRUNCH affected you?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
IF he doesn't get a job soon he may have to become a Kemptown rent boy. just down the road from him. Swallowing will be a pre requiste of the occupation.

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
Definitely hit me hard....now only going to local brothel twice a week....cut down on booze as well ( only 2 bottles of scotch per week )...will have to keep the motor for at least 2 yrs.....have already waved goodbye to cleaner....reviewing golf club membership.....
Oh...there is a bit of good news....have been picking up more money from bookies by backing opponents of BHA!

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
work is getting alot busier than it was a year ago, but unfortunatly the company is making redundancies. As i work between a couple of departments i beleive my job to be safe however cannot be 100% sure.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Made redundant, had overdraft and credit card credit levels cut overnight which ain't good after being made redundant.

surley if you have been made redundant and have not been guaranteed a new job then it isnt the best idea to get into debt on Credit Cards etc. If you dont get another job soon then the spiral can take months/years to get out of.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Well I think my job's safe...my line of work doesn't tend to be adversely affected by hard times, naturally, but I have really noticed the price of everything going up this year- particularly food & utility bills etc, and have definitely attempted to cut back a bit. Mainly by not buying stuff unless I actually need it, as opposed to because I want it.

Fixed rate mortgage until January, so I haven't done too well out of the interest rate cuts either...but I'm trying to tell myself it's a positive, in that at least payments haven't gone up.

I really thought long and hard about the need for a season ticket this time around. I'm not sure how much of that was down to a lack of optimism about the season ahead, and how much due to the credit crunch.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
surley if you have been made redundant and have not been guaranteed a new job then it isnt the best idea to get into debt on Credit Cards etc. If you dont get another job soon then the spiral can take months/years to get out of.

Agreed - but I still had a mortgage to pay etc. Thankfully I didn't need the credit in the end but it still comes as a shock to have it all happen at once !!!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
well i don't know about anybody else, but reading starry and dwayne and their smug self-congratulation has me hoping for a dose of credit crunch misery for the both of them.

No intentions of being smug. Just stating that I was down in the dumps and bought into the misery induced by the media but turned it around by being flexible, diligent and very lucky, things can turn around fast.

D

Deleted User X18H

I always imagined D Wayne to have a private income a bit like Terry Scott in carry on loving!!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Indeed he is. And Australia's not even in a recession - can't imagine how bad things are in the UK.

May I just say... Starry - you're a TIT of the highest order

The reason I made the comment about Australia was that in the press earlier this week they reported loads of Aussies are leaving the UK at present and returning home as things are better there however the picture he painted was rather gloomy.

Disagree about Starry as what choice if you want to remain solvent.

D

Deleted User X18H

are you implying that you don't need to work then

have you lost all ambition to work then? or areyou retired?

:bigwave:
At the moment D WAYNE no I do not need work .............AT THE MOMENT!!

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Anyone saying they've not been affected and have been to the 'Eurozone' (sorry...) or the US recently be talking a load of old bollards!

With the way the pound is at the moment, a 5 euro pint in say Dublin, not so long ago would've been about £3.50, now it's more like £4.50

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
At the moment D WAYNE no I do not need work .............AT THE MOMENT!!
Leave it much longer and you will become unemployable hb&b , being out of work for a while gives an impression to a potential employer that you are a doley or a loser.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here