Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How has the CREDIT CRUNCH affected you?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Fairly badly.

Made redundant, had overdraft and credit card credit levels cut overnight which ain't good after being made redundant. Had to find 10% deposit instead 5% for new home which wiped out my savings and I'm probably now in negative equity.

Have cut back on spending drasically ( obviously ! ) and not taking a holiday next year. All in all, yes it has effected me and I won't be voting Labour even if my life depended upon it.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
So far it hasn't had a great impact to be honest. I run my own business as a sole trader and I was pleasantly suprised to find in terms of turnover I'm about 38-40% up year on year for the period April to November.

I don't have loans, my credit card balance is zero and have a nice healthy amount in savings. But would never become too complacent.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its not Labours fault for the worldwide financial crisis.
But it IS their fault that we are not very well equipped to DEAL with it.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
And it's Labour's fault HOW? ???

Excessive public borrowing ( and set to rise too )
Not regulating the financial services closely enough
Selling assets at rock bottom prices
Not saving money when times were good
Having a dickhead of a Chancellor
Raiding pension pots
Wasting huge amounts of money on the NHS which achieved bugger all
Wasting money on an illegal war that could have been used to support the economy
Ruuning a bank ( Northern Rock ) that is aggresively going after re-possesions
Refusing constantly to regulate the estate agent industry
Claiming boom and bust had been irradicated and being proven to be complete liars

Not to mention that when the economy is doing well they claim the credit ( I know all parties do ) but when it's going badly it isn't their fault. They can't have it both ways - they want the credit then when it's bad I will BLAME what ever government is in power at the time.

Quite frankly we're being run by a bunch of c*nts and I'll balme them regardless.

Oh, not to mention some meaningless reduction in VAT that is going to do bugger all.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Raiding pension pots
Wasting money on an illegal war that could have been used to support the economy
Claiming boom and bust had been irradicated and being proven to be complete liars

Not to mention that when the economy is doing well they claim the credit ( I know all parties do ) but when it's going badly it isn't their fault. They can't have it both ways - they want the credit then when it's bad I will BLAME what ever government is in power at the time.

Quite frankly we're being run by a bunch of c*nts and I'll balme them regardless.

Oh, not to mention some meaningless reduction in VAT that is going to do bugger all.

Nevermind, you may soon have George Osborne as Chancellor. I'm sure things will be just LOVELY then.

D

Deleted member 2719

Raiding pension pots

:thumbsup:
Very well put that man i some times wish there were a stronger word than C*nts that i could use for those bunch of wasters.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The fact that the Tories are also feckin useless does not ABSOLVE Labour from the complete shambles they have presided over, and the catastrophic mess we now find ourselves in.

D

Deleted member 2719

The fact that the Tories are also feckin useless does not ABSOLVE Labour from the complete shambles they have presided over, and the catastrophic mess we now find ourselves in.

You can't label the new bunch of tories as useless until they have had a shot at running the country surely.

Mar 13, 2008
Tbf if the US economy was fine so would ours. So it isn't all their fault.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You can't label the new bunch of tories as useless until they have had a shot at running the country surely.

Well I've not exactly seen much in the way of a cohesive plan from them to help us through this.
And its not like they were warning of the choppy waters ahead a year ago either, is it.
So yes, I think the Conservatives are largely as useless as the current incumbants.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So far so good but think twice about everything we buy and also seem to pay for the majority of things on debit card as opposed to credit card, in fact we owe less than ever between us about £200 on credit cards.

Just had a 2% reduction across the UK on workforce with a centralised redundancy pot for a change and I suspect more to come next year so anxious would be best to describe work.

One lucky thing is I do have a large redundancy package if it happens however I would really rather remain in work at present.

The current recession is the worst I have ever been in and I think this is my 3rd one now.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Being in a public sector organisation I haven't been hit yet but we will be hit big time in the coming years.

I get pissed off hearing about the 'party being over', we have been experiencing redundancies and efficiency savings for the last 10 years, no bonuses, minimal pay rises.. we were never invited to the party.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
No affect at all.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I have just been made redundant. My job was what would be considered a safe job. There is no such thing at the moment (unless you are an undertaker!!).

Or the Brighton manager???

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Agree. They havnt a policy or idea to their name just yet.........so let's wait until (if) Cameron eventually delivers one and then criticise him.

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
My whole department got laid off at work. I finish up at Xmas. 15% of my company's workforce have been let go - that's around 200 people and they've already told us that there is more to come.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
My whole department got laid off at work. I finish up at Xmas. 15% of my company's workforce have been let go - that's around 200 people and they've already told us that there is more to come.

Are you in Australia ?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Affected me horrendously. So much so that I'm going abroad next week for the fifth time this year to get over it.

I was made redundant 7 weeks ago, at the time it seemed like a disaster, big mortgage to pay on a proerty I only bought a few months ago etc. I was told not to come into work while I served 3 months notice. This was good news went straight out looking for work,and managed to find something that fit my profile quickly..a few weeks later, and 5 interviews later I got the job.

the job pays more, is for a far more dynamic company than my previous employer and I start Decmber 1st, 2 working days after my contract is terminated. In addition, in line with investment banks policies as a whole, I will be getting a very generous pay off. So all in all, the economic downturn has been very kind to me so far. I would not like to be in the hunt for a job at the moment though, it is GRUESOME out there and I was very lucky to find something quickly (especially in the financial services industry)

and safers, excluding work trips i've managed 13 hols this year..Vegas, NY, Paris, Madeira, Amsterdam (x3), marbella, cannes, antwerp and Barcelona

hopefully the good times roll on....but I fear for grimmer times ahead...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here