Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How has the CREDIT CRUNCH affected you?

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Hasnt affected me that much now im in my new job, but commuting to Haywards Heath everyday for my old job was starting to affect me quite a bit with the rising petrol prices.

The only problem now is that I want to change my job as I dont see myself making a carrer out of what Im doing and there isnt much about that I could do!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
25% pay cut in order to keep my job (Ouch!)

Late payment of salary/part salary for the last two months (Ouch!)

Out of a staff of 45 in January this year, now only 21 left (Guess I'm lucky!)

15% cut for me, and 10% of our work force have gone. :(

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Hasn't really affected me, my job seems pretty secure and if anything the company is on the up. I'm hoping to get a pay rise soon but that may have to wait

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
House down in value £ 40000. Personal income down this year 60% on previous years, yes 60% actually working harder than before so if you are employed and pick up your cozy pay packet and holiday pay and sick pay and pension and other perks have a thought for a lowly mortgage broker and throw a few coppers in my direction so I can buy a turkey sausage and some paxo for Xmas, thanks.

D

Deleted member 2719

We have our own business not yet affected us but it certainly destroying the trade i am in.

I hate to think how it's affecting my pension ISA etc.

Time for change anyway F*ck off Labour you have cost our country dear.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
We're considering redundancies at work. Business has really dropped off. I'm in recruitment, so it was always going to be tough. I speak to a lot of employers - It's pretty bleak out there at the moment. I think a lot of company's are erring on the side of the caution, but others are really struggling already. That said, other sectors seem to be bucking the trend...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
All the IT contracts have dried up, and the only local jobs on Jobserve are for six quid an hour Norwegian/Hindi-speaking games testers. Seriously. Won't affect me til about February tho as I always take a couple of months off in the Winter before even LOOKING for a new job. Not being flash, it's just what I do. Always have done.

D

Deleted member 2719

We're considering redundancies at work. Business has really dropped off. I'm in recruitment, so it was always going to be tough. I speak to a lot of employers - It's pretty bleak out there at the moment. I think a lot of company's are erring on the side of the caution, but others are really struggling already. That said, other sectors seem to be bucking the trend...

Bailiffs
loan sharks

What sectors would that be?

???

Mar 13, 2008
Well, instead of spending £100 on my lunch everyday I now have only £4.

D

Deleted member 2719

Well, instead of spending £100 on my lunch everyday I now have only £4.

Just wait to Labour start clawing back all this debt with taxes your be lucky to get a penny chew!

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Not being flash, it's just what I do.

DID SOMEONE MENTION FLASH?

polarcrocyq7.jpg

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
personally not at all.

but we have two businesses, one is flourishing and going from strength to strength. the export from this country has been outstanding recently and we are making more money on trips than ever before because people elsewhere want to cash in quick. the other i am moving a factory from england to egypt for reasons that have nothing to do with credit crunch and so those staff are being laid off or however you call it when your job moves and you don't move with it. we started planning this long before credit crunch stuff happened and i feel very shitty that the people who i am leaving with no job will struggle very hard to get another job in the same line of work because the work is just not there anymore. i almost wish we were not doing this. it is horrid to think that they have wives and kids and mortgages and now no jobs.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
How nice bragging about how you haved screwed the system and are profiting from other peoples misfortune ......this downturn I really affecting some people you know I have had to reduce my daily nap to £40 e/w :rant:

What hardships Tim :censored:

Legend

Prince Of Darkness
Jul 5, 2003
Lancing
I have just been made redundant. My job was what would be considered a safe job. There is no such thing at the moment (unless you are an undertaker!!).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here