Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How happy are you with the way DK is running the club?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Ernest said:
We have suffered 9 years of false promises and bullshit from the potless pillock and now the club is going backwards, after 9 years a new stadium is no nearer and his last act was to sacrifice two loyal club servants to save his own fat neck.
The sooner he fucks off back to obscurity the better and remember it's BRIGHTON and Hove Albion not KNIGHTON and Hove Albion.

i used to find that joke funny

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Top Bloke very happy , Cant blame him for delay in falmer and that causes most of the problems you said.

:bowdown: :love: :bowdown:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
No one else is rushing to the job so yes, he a good lad!

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Who else would put so much of their own money into a club which have no assetts(ie ground)

Whilst I doubt his shrewdness as a businessman at times, you cannot find another club in the country who has a chairman who is willing to put up with so much crap from wankers like ernest 365 days of the year.

Long may Dicks reign continue!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
He's done A job. Sometimes think people have rosetinted glasses on here as they see the predecessors and compare. Frankly the state of the club when he took over he couldn't go backwards could he?!!

But ultimately he did save us when we could have gone to the wall and for that I will always be grateful but I feel now he should be judged alongside other normal chariman, upon which I think he still compares well.

Ultimately if he gets the stadium for us he has to go down as the only Chairman who has managed that, and that will be a lasting achievement. I think Bamber was the tops to date because he took a run of the mill club and turned them into a team capable of challenging for honours at the top level. However dreams of a new stadium were never really on the cards at that stage.

I sometimes think his PR is crap, he treats us like idiots, but overall his running of the club is sensible but not brilliant.

7/10

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
supaseagull said:
Who else would put so much of their own money into a club which have no assetts(ie ground)

Er, Derek Chapman, Norman Cook, The Blooms :)

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
supaseagull said:

Whilst I doubt his shrewdness as a businessman at times, you cannot find another club in the country who has a chairman who is willing to put up with so much crap from wankers like ernest 365 days of the year.

Long may Dicks reign continue!

Hi Dick how are you :salute: :salute: :salute:

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
zego said:
we need somebody really good, eg Ridsdale or Ken Bates, saviours of Leeds.

I presume you missed a:D off the end of that post or, given the posting time, you'd been on the piss!!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I would rather have a fan running the club with the best interests of fellow fans at heart than a businessman.

No one should underestimate the hours that DK and MP have put in to Falmer either. It is a thankless task against the ranks of faceless bureaucrats and small minded self promoting politicians who hvae put up hurdles at every opportunity. There must have been many times where DK and MP have thought about throwing in the towel, but they haven't..........because like us YOU CAN TELL THEM ALL THAT WE STAND AND FALL FOR SUSSEX BY THE SEA

The Timekeeper

FAT BOY 'NOT' SLIM
Sep 25, 2003
At home, the pub,the bookies
Dick Knight has done a marvellous job, no question. However if a big investor came along, then DK should move aside and let things happen, he should remain on the board as a director.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Brovian said:
Broadly speaking - yes. As others have said he's not perfect, he's not rich and he does make mistakes. However he is by some considerable distance the best chairman we have ever had, probably only 'Carlo' Campbell in the 1950s comes close. Even others who have done well (Bamber in the 70s for example) ultimately either overreached themselves or simply settled for managing our decline.

Look where we were when he took over - homeless and about to go out of the League. Since then he's had us punching above our weight, depsite the handicap of playing in a tiny, crap athletic ground and he's fought an exhausting campaign against some of the biggest wankers ever to get involved in local politics.

He will obviously step down one day, and we all should get down on our knnes and pray that the next incumbent is a tenth as good as Knight.

I don't think you can argue that Mike Bamber took us to our greatest ever moments... Knight hasn't got the financial clout to compete with that...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
London Irish said:
Reasonably happy - he is light years better than what looks like the current available alternatives to replace him (Chapman, one of the Blooms) - and I think his work together with Perry on Falmer has secured him legendary status in our history on top of his slaying of the Archer dragon.

I was shocked and appalled at how he treated decent club servants like McGhee and Booker, but I realise in one important sense it was a means to an end, morality had to give way to expediency.

Dick Knight had to lower the inflated expectations of Albion fans who for some unknown reason over the past few years believe we have some kind of God-given right to be a Championship side despite our appalling finances.

Sacking McGhee has effectively done that, as people will accept results like Bournemouth and Southend with good grace now whereas they wouldn't have under McGhee.

Dick Knight has all along stated that midtable is our realistic target this season, but many fans would NOT have accepted midtable + McGhee but, perversely, they WILL accept midtable + Wilkins. If he had stayed, McGhee would also have embarrassed Dick Knight more in public about the need to spend more money on the squad, whereas Wilkins will not say one word about that as he is effectively totally under Knight's patronage and will not rock the boat.

Things are working out pretty well for Dick Knight this season then. We will get Falmer at the end of it and he will be a hero. We will get his target of midtable and fans won't kick up about that because the irrational focus for all their frustrations over no money, no signings and Falmer delays, Mark McGhee, is gone.

I don't like some of Dick Knight's methods, but you have to respect them, because they work.

There are holes in that diatribe the size of the Atlantic... your defence of MM, when he had clearly and justifiably lost the fans and the dressing room is ridiculous...

BTW - I will not accept mid-table, MM or no MM... in fact, whoever is in charge, promotion should be our relistic target...

And suggesting Wilkins is a lap-dog is just offensive and unfounded... we shall see...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
London Irish said:
What's you definition of "moving in the right direction"? Falmer? Not affected one bit by the management change. Bringing forward the younger players? McGhee's record on this was excellent. Signing Championship-standard players? Dream on pal :wave: In fact, we are on course to lose one of the few we have in Wayne Henderson, but that's OK because Kuipers is a fans' favourite and they will accept his errors, even garish ones like the Southend equaliser. So, no worries.

Yes, Kuipers made a mistake at Sarfend... Hendo has made a series of errors; the same one overe and over again... he blocks the ball and pushes it out to the onrushing striker who is left with a tap-in... Kuiper is, deservedly, a legend... you rightly criticised the FDM for throwing his toys out of the pram before the Southampton game (he subsequently apologised)... do you criticise your beloved 3rd-choice Irish international for doing the same... BTW - he is way, way, off Championship-standard...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
DK has been a great Chairman... he will deliver Falmer... than I hope we find someone with a bit more financial clout...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Ernest said:
Out of interest how long would you give DK to deliver Falmer ? 9 years and counting....

I believe the delays are mainly due to the ridiculous planning laws in the UK, Precott's team's fcuk-up, and the stadium's opponents...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here