Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

how far did you get tonight

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
The Park and Ride in Mill Road :angry:

I was just leaving my drive when the postponement was made. But I was listening to a CD rather than the radio :blush:

Decode

Jan 25, 2010
The Withdean. Left home at 6:15, got there at 8:15, normally a 50 min drive from Sutton, Surrey. Scandalously late decision.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Attended a funeral in Brighton at 11.00am and then drove to Guildford to pick up Ben from college and left there at 3.30 it then took me 2 1/2 hours to drive to Alfold on the A281. The radio kept saying the game is on and the traffic showed no sign of getting better so took a chance and went down through Loxwood to Billingshurst and made great time doing 30mph but still some idiots tried to overtake all of the cars driving down the road from The Onslow thru Loxwood had a great run through Adversane and just got to the roundabout at the jct of the Findon by Pass ,road to Storrington and the road to Steyning when the announcement came at 6.30pm I had just worked out we would make kick off ok. Wasnt too disappointed as I think it will be better for us to call it off than to play on a frozen pitch when the game then becomes a lottery.

scooter1

How soon is now?
I was really looking forward to this game as I don't get to many these days. Just sat there hitting the refresh button on Seagulls World waiting for the inevitable, sadly. There was a fair old Mc(Mac)flurry of snow around 6 ish in Hove, and I guess that didn't help the decision either

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Ladies Mile. Watched Sky Sports guy reporting from Withdean with a 5 a side going on in the background.
Mind you, apparently the pavements were really slippery so everyone in the pub was saying.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I got as far as Shalford, and that took 50 minutes - I turned back on the basis that a) I probably wasn't going to get there on time and b) it was clearly going to be a bit iffy driving home again. I was mightily relieved to find that the game had been called off when I got home.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I got as far as Shalford, and that took 50 minutes - I turned back on the basis that a) I probably wasn't going to get there on time and b) it was clearly going to be a bit iffy driving home again. I was mightily relieved to find that the game had been called off when I got home.

You must have been on the A281 as I was having left Bellfields at 3.30 and never went above 5 mph all the way to Smithbrook Kilns.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Got to Newhaven and was thinking I would turn round and go home as it was very icy so what would it be like at 10.30? Anyway that was when I heard on radio it was off so went home. Amazed it was not cancelled earlier in the day given the forecast.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
You must have been on the A281 as I was having left Bellfields at 3.30 and never went above 5 mph all the way to Smithbrook Kilns.

That'll be the one - though a lot of the hold up was in Guildford where an artic and a car decided that the exit off of the one way system onto the A281 would be a great place to pull over and shove their hazard lights on. After that I accelerated up to a mere crawl as far as the roundabout at Shalford, where I gave up and drove back home in about ten minutes - which seemed crazily quick in comparison given that I live on the Aldershot side of Guildford!!

:)

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Preston Park station. From London. Not happy. Having checked with a friend (an employee of the club) at 5.30, said friend had been told just before that time by another employee of the club that it was 'definitely on'. So I made my way down there with confidence.

Somebody at the club needs a f***ing dictionary to check up on the meaning of the word 'definitely'. :angry:

How any County fans feel who tried to cover that sort of distance I can only imagine.

oxfordseagull

Nov 29, 2010
Oxford from the South
Left from near Oxford 4.15, loads of traffic, very near Gatwick, I did think it was a bit of a risk but the website convinced me to go. At least I was able to have a decent dinner with my son and not some crap burger!

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Preston Park station. From London. Not happy. Having checked with a friend (an employee of the club) at 5.30, said friend had been told just before that time by another employee of the club that it was 'definitely on'. So I made my way down there with confidence.

Somebody at the club needs a f***ing dictionary to check up on the meaning of the word 'definitely'. :angry:

How any County fans feel who tried to cover that sort of distance I can only imagine.

As i walked into the Sportsman at 6, a steward walked past me saying to his mate - "Game is certainly on." FOOLS!

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Brighton station. Walked off the train to Preston Park after I read the cancellation on the website on my Blackberry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here