Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How did you think Scarf day went?

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Does anyone know the attendace for yesterday?

It looked like (with the exception of the east stand) the ground was pretty full.

Oh and scarf day was good as i used my FREE scarf to wipe the rain water of my chair in the sportsman before the game!

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
People want to watch winners not young boys!

The crowds are probably a thounsand shy on the goldstone due to withdean.

Great the club are marketing themselves but the best form of marketing in football is a winning team that signs winners for players!

Barnham Seagull said:
People want to watch winners not young boys!

The crowds are probably a thounsand shy on the goldstone due to withdean.

Great the club are marketing themselves but the best form of marketing in football is a winning team that signs winners for players!

I agree totally and said the same thing earlier in this thread. They can market the club until the holes in their bums heal over-if the product is crap, people will stay away and a crowd of 6226 confirms that.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
eastlondonseagull said:
Suggest we try and make some noise while twirling our scarves, though.

Otherwise it just looks silly and means the players have to look at the crowd to SEE the atmosphere. Bizarre.
Therein lies the problem. This was meant to help the atmosphere, not BE the atmosphere. Withdean still wouldn't sing.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
The major problem is that the majority of our support cant here our singing section sing, because their efforts are lost into the atmosphere as there is no roof.

If they were behind the goal (where the family stand is) the south stand would be able to hear them as they would be singing in there direction and people would join in. I can hear the family section in block E but not our singing section!

The reason the away fans seem loud is because their voices are coming towards us not away.

Would people in the singing section give up their view from the south stand? Probably not, so lets face it withdean is shit to get a big atmos going.

Oh and it would help if there was something to shout about on the pitch!!!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Barnham Seagull said:
The major problem is that the majority of our support cant here our singing section sing, because their efforts are lost into the atmosphere as there is no roof.

If they were behind the goal (where the family stand is) the south stand would be able to hear them as they would be singing in there direction and people would join in. I can hear the family section in block E but not our singing section!

The reason the away fans seem loud is because their voices are coming towards us not away.

Would people in the singing section give up their view from the south stand? Probably not, so lets face it withdean is shit to get a big atmos going.

Oh and it would help if there was something to shout about on the pitch!!!

Yes I would. I think it would be better to have the singing section behind the goal.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Beach Hut said:
Better late than never if true.

I could quite easily sell 100 tickets for BHAFC via ASC Strikers - have they approached me for a deal ?

Nope and they know who I am and how to contact me but there you go it is a commercial thing which this club is rubbish at.

This is a very good point. There's been a lot of hand-wringing over the fact that if the club sell tickets cheaply, it pisses off season ticket holders who have already paid circa £22. However, if you actually USE SEASON TICKETS HOLDERS to sell the tickets, and reward them, the problem is solved.

I wrote to the club a few weeks ago with a few suggestions, one of which was as follows:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Season Ticket Holders are incentivised to buy additional tickets (for friends/family, etc) to all home games. These tickets would cost (say) fifteen quid, BUT for each ticket bought the club would give (say) a ten pound discount off the cost of renewing your season ticket. So, if someone bought 10 tickets for mates, etc, over the remainder of the season, they would have earned the right to renew their season ticket for 07/08 at a discount of £100.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
There are numerous variations of the above. However, if (say) Beach Hut was able to sell 100 tickets that would surely entitle him to at least one free Season Ticket for next season.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Jim in the West said:
There are numerous variations of the above. However, if (say) Beach Hut was able to sell 100 tickets that would surely entitle him to at least one free Season Ticket for next season.

I think I sold around 350 tickets last season for £6 or £12 with an agreed offer with the club.

Not even bothered to contact me this season to see if I would like to do this again.

At times like this you have to question what value commercial people add to this club when we are 2500 odd fans.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
eastlondonseagull said:
Suggest we try and make some noise while twirling our scarves, though.

Rattles. Big old wooden rattles. Painted blue & white. Then we could twirl AND make some noise. Preferably while wearing cloth caps :lol:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Sorry to be a downer, I took two clients on a hospitality day out, got them scarves etc, one was an ex Goldstone STH and one a Millwall fan who entered into the spirit of things by donning the blue and white scarf. Started the day with little urchins trying to scratch cars in the Withdean Car Park with useless stewards looking on doing nothing (nice bit of crowd control lads). Took our seats in the NS nearish to the Millwall fans and sorry to say they out sung us easily throughout most of the game.

Whats the point of a scarf day if it ends at 15:02 ??

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
Beach Hut said:
Better late than never if true.

I could quite easily sell 100 tickets for BHAFC via ASC Strikers - have they approached me for a deal ?

Nope and they know who I am and how to contact me but there you go it is a commercial thing which this club is rubbish at.

Try ringing the number advertised in the programme or the Argus ?

Why do you think they would contact you ? I was quite happy to ring up about tickets for Fishersgate Flyers U7's

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Hadlee said:
Try ringing the number advertised in the programme or the Argus ?

Why do you think they would contact you ? I was quite happy to ring up about tickets for Fishersgate Flyers U7's

When is the 'Hadlee do not take your boys to game' day?

???

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
Perry Milkins said:
When is the 'Hadlee do not take your boys to game' day?

???

Port Vale............

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here