Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How did you think Scarf day went?

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Beach Hut said:
It was OK - suggest we try and do it every game now to raise morale

Suggest we try and make some noise while twirling our scarves, though.

Otherwise it just looks silly and means the players have to look at the crowd to SEE the atmosphere. Bizarre.

eastlondonseagull said:
Suggest we try and make some noise while twirling our scarves, though.

Otherwise it just looks silly and means the players have to look at the crowd to SEE the atmosphere. Bizarre.

Sit down shut up.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Pork Sword said:
Westy was just misunderstood

His dad who shagged pigs was most disappointed with him.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Massive apologies for being positive but it was the first time I have ever sat in the family stand as have been in three other stands. I thought it was quite a good atmosphere. Took my 5 year old boy to his first ever game and he thought it was great!! I also thought we actually didn't play too badly and with a couple of signings, think we will be fine!

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
This might sound really contrary but the best examples of great atmosphere and participation over the years has been when we're protesting against something rather than being asked to support something. Especially if the "something" is as nebulous as waving a scarf.

est.83

Dec 6, 2003
Estonia
In Germany, matchday rutine seems to be something like that:

- about 5 minutes before the kick-off DJ puts on the record of (un)official club song/anthemn, in your case - GOSBTS, and all the people stand up, hold their scarves above their heads and sing along. In Ostkurve, Weserstadion (Werder Bremen) it looks like that:
pc020015ug7.jpg

- when players are about to run out to the pitch, you can hear another song from the speakers. That song is somewhat epic and it should generate a feeling like gladiators are coming out to fight. During that (while players are running out and the song is generating some atmosphere) fans are twirling the scarves. With different clubs I have heard songs (usually not the whole song but only some parts of it, modifications) as AC/DC Hells Bells and Thunderstruck, U96 - Das Boot.

Anyways, it really looks great.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Newcastle fans were doing the scarf thing today. looked good

ours must have looked good when the teams came out the tunnel in the 1st half, but i did feel quite silly doing it during the game

might have looked good if we scored too

ps we did well to sell 2500 scarves for the game, good effort as only 300 tickets were sold where you could claim a free scarf

roz said:
This might sound really contrary but the best examples of great atmosphere and participation over the years has been when we're protesting against something rather than being asked to support something. Especially if the "something" is as nebulous as waving a scarf.

We've still got plenty to protest against so maybe that's the way to generate an atmosphere?

It also helps when the ref is crap and appears to be against us-the noise levels go right up.

So-perpetual protests against LDC until the first concrete is poured.......

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
mendoza10 said:

the club are starting a massive thing from tomorrow to fill the extra 2000 empty seats, so maybe we will get 8000 for the forest game

Care to elaborate?

mendoza10 said:

the club are starting a massive thing from tomorrow to fill the extra 2000 empty seats

What's that-Book Day? A free book with every ticket bought for the Withdean Library?

:lolol:

mendoza10 said:
more brighton fans at upton park than withdean yesterday

Pathetic and underlines why there were a few ;) moans about the ticket allocation for WHU

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Withdean Wanderer said:
Care to elaborate?

there will posters all over town saying you can buy tickets for all the games as there is still a myth you cannot get a ticket

gully is going to schools to assembly's etc to promote the team and tickets for kids

the club are employing a couple of people to go round the big companies in brighton and set up stools in the canteens or lobbies which will promote that tickets are available

i think there may even be a mobile billboard driving round town

there will be a big emphasis on selling out the forest home game on 17th feb at all the above

mendoza10 said:
there will posters all over town saying you can buy tickets for all the games as there is still a myth you cannot get a ticket

gully is going to schools to assembly's etc to promote the team and tickets for kids

the club are employing a couple of people to go round the big companies in brighton and set up stools in the canteens or lobbies which will promote that tickets are available

there will be a big emphasis on selling out the forest home game on 17th feb at all the above

A few wins would put more bums on seats than any of the above-nobody wants to watch a struggling side. Especially at Withdean.

It's good that they are taking some action but why wait until now? Should have been done at the start of the season IMO. An extra 1000 per game = a chance of paying for a player or 2.

Fingers crossed though and I hope it makes a difference.

Last edited:

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
mendoza10 said:

my dad is still influenced by that myth unfortunatley.

and if Gully goes to my school then i actually will have to play with myself

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
mendoza10 said:
more brighton fans at upton park than withdean yesterday

the club are starting a massive thing from tomorrow to fill the extra 2000 empty seats, so maybe we will get 8000 for the forest game

Better late than never if true.

I could quite easily sell 100 tickets for BHAFC via ASC Strikers - have they approached me for a deal ?

Nope and they know who I am and how to contact me but there you go it is a commercial thing which this club is rubbish at.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
mendoza10 said:

All the ideas floated t'other week on NSC in other words. Hope the Marketing wallahs aren't trying to pass the ideas off as their own. Maybe they should make a donation to NSC funds :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here