Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How did TRANSPORT go today?

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Brighton and Hove Buses need to replace the 29 T Wells restricted service and the 29 service that ends in Uckfield with a normal 29 service.

This should be a no brainer really !! 20,000 plus fans looking to either get a train or bus after the match. I was concerned however how many cars with one person (driver) were there. The demand is clearly between 5pm and 6pm. Buses and train services please take note, will be very important for the stadium upgrade

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Used the S bus service from Hangleton - I didn't have travel vouchers so offered to pay but the driver said "he didn't have any way of taking cash but get on anyway". Bus was full so didn't go the rest of the route. Instead, straight on the bypass to the stadium.

S Bus back but just nodded at the driver and he let us on - no ticket or payment. Old bloke a few back tried to use a pass and was told it was season ticket holders only ! I'm grateful for the free travel but it would be nice if the bus drivers actually knew the T&C's. Back in Hangleton 5.50.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Brighton and Hove Buses need to replace the 29 T Wells restricted service and the 29 service that ends in Uckfield with a normal 29 service.

This, so badly. I was waiting for over an hour at the bus stop over the road, really hope it was just because of the late end of the game

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brilliant.

Parked the bike at the racks just outside the stadium, handily placed for a quick getaway. Had a couple of pints in the bar and still home for 6.00

That's transport sorted

How's your arse after Friday's commendable efforts? :)

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
Getting out of Bennetts Field- a real problem. Left Amex late but still took 15 mins to get out of car park at 6.30pm

As already stated P & R at Mill Road another issue - know someone who said it took until 6pm to clear. Could almost walk there in that time!!

Transport was always going to be the Falmer worry and hopefully will get better before the weather turns.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
For me it was fine, got to the platform with only a handful of fans eastbound and a couple of dozen heading into Brighton...that's the advantage of being the LAST ONE OUT!!!!!!!!

D

Deleted User X18H

Got on the 12:43 at Preston Park it was rammed luckily a lady with a buggy got off. It was full of day tripping bloody cockerneys maybe they will now learn Brighton is a big football town so not to come down on the weekends the Albion are at home you wouldn't go to Newcastle or Liverpool would you?
Got the 13:03 from Brighton so got to the stadium door to door in about 40 mins. Left the stadium at 5:30 hung around to meet some friends had to queue then missed the 6:07 back to PPark even though we got back at 5 past?? Saw Hiney, waited for the 27 home by 6:30. Simples.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
unable to get on the 13.43 train at London Rd but squeezed on the next one. Decided to walk back to fiveways over wild park/hollingbury gc. Well it was more floating home than walking.

took the 2 year old into Brighton then got the train to Falmer at about 1.30, although didn't neet to take that route, what the hell was I thinking?, got the R bus back down the Falmer Rd and was home in record time. Any probs I had gettin to the ground were my own doing so no complaints, we're all learning

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Going out we got the 25 from Vogue Gyratory no problem. Coming back they seemed to have stopped! None of the buses were matching the times on the electronic display, and eventually it switched off and just said 'check the timetable' I rang my wife to come and pick us up from Stanmer Park and whilst we were waiting at the park entrance three 25s went past in quick succession, so there was obviously a bottleneck somewhere.

And why don't they run the 5b out to the universities on matchdays? I know the timetable says 'peak times only' but you can't get more 'peak' than trying to get 20,000 people away from a football stadium!

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke
Coming home, got the train to lewes, no problem. Then the connection to wivelsefield 5.50pm. Except the bloody thing didnt stop at wivelsefield! Sailed straight through to HH. Conductor came on muttering something about scheduling issues and it's not the drivers fault. Then to top it all, as we pulled in, the stopping service to Brighton was on the platform and they let it go before any of us had the chance to get round to the platform. British rail truly at their best.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
How's your arse after Friday's commendable efforts? :)

Absolutely fine. There's nothing that can't be cured by a couple of pints of Harveys.

And why don't they run the 5b out to the universities on matchdays? I know the timetable says 'peak times only' but you can't get more 'peak' than trying to get 20,000 people away from a football stadium!

That's a good point. An email to Roger French wouldn't go amiss I reckon.

Thought you were going to try parking in Coldean. Plenty of other people had that idea, it's noticeable that the streets around me were full of cars by 2.00

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Walked back to Brighton afer the game. Blustery but warm. On the Lewes Road by about 5.50. Mum's boyfriend gave me a lift to the station. Speedy trip to Victoria with a pair of seats to myself. Undid bicycle outside and was spittled upon by the heavens for a good chunk of a 40 minute cycle home. In by 8.20 for a quiche stolen from my mum's fridge as her boyfriend prepared to drive me. Success allround.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
At least 20 mins to get out of bennets field at 6- but who cares ? Great great day !!!!!
Hey Jude.. There is a song in there somewhere!.The Bennetts field parking is a shambles..the stewards (I suspect they were acting under orders..AND ALL ORDERS MUST BE OBEYED) But penning everyone in is doing no favours to the club,These are people who have paid for best. If the stewards let the cars trickle out,say 5 at a time,where they meet the P&R buses,they filter one to one,there would be no big tailbacks but just blocking the whole field is ridiculous. x

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Used the S bus service from Hangleton - I didn't have travel vouchers so offered to pay but the driver said "he didn't have any way of taking cash but get on anyway". Bus was full so didn't go the rest of the route. Instead, straight on the bypass to the stadium.

So it didn't stop at Carden Avenue / London Rd? That's worrying, this is the bus I want to get in the future but if it doesn't stop there when full, how will anyone know?

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
So far, and we park in the Uni,well beyond my expectations.........a new stadium ,to be fair should get it right and with the car,rail,bus and coach links at hand ,i beleive all involved have got it mainly right.If we have ambitions to increase the stadium capacity then the transport just has to be right.I hope the disabled parking areas can however be improved as i did see some struggling with the system .

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
If you buy a ticket for a one off game instead of a season ticket is it worth getting the travel vouchers? I'll be coming from Saltdean so was thinking the 27 into town and then take a bus to the stadium not sure which ones go there? Whats the best way of getting there if you don't have travel vouchers?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here