Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How did TRANSPORT go today?

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Not so lucky for me unfortunately lol. Don't know what happend but wanted to get off at Lewes. Me and bunch of other people could not get off the bloody train and then ended up in bloody Polegate. We all had to get a train back to Lewes lol.

Next time I'm going to hang around for about an hour after the match to make sure this does not happen again because getting on the train was like getting on a tube train.

Got to say the stadium is f&*king brilliant. Was in the North Stand brilliant atmosphere. And the Will Buckley goals, class.

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
Got on at Portslade Station - got 1.10pm to Brighton - jam packed but ok.

Just missed connection at Brighton to Falmer - only had to wait 10 mins for next train - jammed packed again - stopped at London Road & Moulescoomb but people couldnt get on. Arrived at stadium just before 2pm.

After match joined queue at Falmer at 5.45 - only had to wait 10 mins for train - jammed full - had to wait 20mins on Portslade train at Brighton - got off Portslade at 6.35pm - home by 6.40 pm.

Really enjoyed it - well organised - not so good if you need to sit down on train.

I think I'll go again :lolol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not so lucky for me unfortunately lol. Don't know what happend but wanted to get off at Lewes. Me and bunch of other people could not get off the bloody train and then ended up in bloody Polegate. We all had to get a train back to Lewes lol./QUOTE]

Met a couple of old blokes at Lewes station who had the same thing happen to them. Begs the question, how did you fail to get off at Lewes? Did the doors not open or something? Just pull the communication cord or whatever next time it happens. Presumably the train got confused and thought it was at a tiny wee station that only caters for four carriage trains and you were in carriage five or six?

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Worked pretty well for our group today - 3 of us got the train from Burgess Hill at around 12:45. It was PACKED and I had to shout at people in the carriage to move down, as there were people struggling to get on the train. It was commuter-style stuff, and at Hassocks I'm pretty sure that some people didn't even manage to get on the train. Anyway, got the Brighton-Falmer train no problem and the 3 of us got a seat without a problem.

At the end, my Dad came straight back from Falmer-Brighton-Burgess Hill and said that, although the queue was ridiculously long, it was well managed and the trains were very frequent and he soon got onto a train without a struggle. He was back in Burgess Hill at about 18:50. My GF and I stayed on to wander around the West Upper (we're in the East) and then queued to get into Dick's Bar. Had a drink in there, then bought a pie from the North concourse for the journey home. No trouble at all.

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
I can't belive everyone thought the travel was OK. On the way there it was OK, but the queue to get back into Brighton was horrendous - 300 yards long at one point. They need more trains...

I notice those of you who said it was quick on the way back had stayed around for a drink. Leaving after the game was no fun at all today.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Not so lucky for me unfortunately lol. Don't know what happend but wanted to get off at Lewes. Me and bunch of other people could not get off the bloody train and then ended up in bloody Polegate. We all had to get a train back to Lewes lol./QUOTE]

Met a couple of old blokes at Lewes station who had the same thing happen to them. Begs the question, how did you fail to get off at Lewes? Did the doors not open or something? Just pull the communication cord or whatever next time it happens. Presumably the train got confused and thought it was at a tiny wee station that only caters for four carriage trains and you were in carriage five or six?

Only get 5 coaches on the platform at Lewes and they were running 6 and 8 coaches on some trains

Not so lucky for me unfortunately lol. Don't know what happend but wanted to get off at Lewes. Me and bunch of other people could not get off the bloody train and then ended up in bloody Polegate. We all had to get a train back to Lewes lol.
Presumably because you weren't in the front five carriages?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
did anyone pay for the train? were we suppose to or is it part of season ticket?

tell you what this will REALLY annoy me if people don't have tickets checked, I have paid £90 for three travel books and nobody checked at Lewes going out and coming back the man on the gate accepted SEASON TICKETS as travel tickets.

I'm going to ask for a refund if this continues.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Only get 5 coaches on the platform at Lewes and they were running 6 and 8 coaches on some trains

Sorry, my bad, I just assumed that Lewes catered for trains that were bigger than that. Suppose it explains why, say, the Eastbourne-Victoria train is always four carriages leaving Eastbourne, and only joins up to a bigger train further down the line, somewhere beyond Lewes.

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
Park and Ride Mithras - early arrive 12ish and bus to ground (ticket handed over) - wait to be let in at 1.00

Final whistle and got the second bus to Mithras (no ticket asked for) and back in Dorset for a curry at 7.00

Could not have worked out better.

What a fantastic day!

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Parked in the uni. Left after clapping the players off and home in B Hill exactly 25 mins later. Absolutely superb, expected a delay in getting out of the car park but no queue at all.

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
Parked at sussex university. No problems getting out at all (except us getting lost and ending up in moulsecombe- I think), Left straight after game and were directed out the stanmer park exit with no problems at all.
Heard there were problems getting out of the stadium on the radio- was this getting out of the station car park or getting on the A27? e.g if we had come out of the car park and not got lost would we have hit trouble on the A27- we were trying to head towards Brighton.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Mithras at around 12.30pm. Ambled on to a bus and at the ground before one.

Considered a drink in Dick's but didn;t want to queue so went into the WSL concourse. Wasn't happy with the no readmitance policy considering I have a season ticket but there you go.

Ambled up to Mithras buses - straight on, no queue. Bit of a slow exit from the stadium car parks but quick and then straght out of Mithras as easy as pie. Superb arrangements.

And I'm totally in love with that stadium.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Presumably because you weren't in the front five carriages?

That's correct.

The police put us on the last 3 carriages at Falmer and we were only informed that the doors would not be opening as we approached Lewes. The trains were rammed and we had no chance to get down 3 carriages in under a minute. I think there was over one hundred of us who had to catch a train back to Lewes from Polgate.

Sorry, my bad, I just assumed that Lewes catered for trains that were bigger than that. Suppose it explains why, say, the Eastbourne-Victoria train is always four carriages leaving Eastbourne, and only joins up to a bigger train further down the line, somewhere beyond Lewes.
The London platforms at Lewes can (and do) handle 12 carriage trains (in both directions). It's the Brighton platforms that are necessarily short, because they are squeezed in between the bridge that carries Mountfield Road and the junction with the Eastbourne - Victoria line. Platform lengthening isn't possible.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
The radio said the traffic was gridlocked outside the stadium at 6pm but got the P bus home and was back at 6.

Was originally going to get the train in, standing room only at Hove then saw a massive queue in brighton station - how quickly did that move? I ducked out of the station and got the bus at St. Peter's Church.

Does the P service only stop at the places indicated on the timetable or can you flag it down at any stop on its route?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here