Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How did TRANSPORT go today?

Got the 1304 from Shoreham, was jammed here, but think a few more squeezed on at Southwick. Got into Brighton but was forced off the platforms and back in (no idea why) so missed 1st train to Falmer. Got the nedt with no problems - I think it even left early!

On way back, got tickets for mates for Gills and kids shirts printed. Ambled down to station at 1745 and walked straight onto a train. The train from BTN to SSE was jammed beyond belief though!

EDIT: That was my 1000th post!

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
Have to say, the on road parking right outside the stadium on both sides of the road is what caused untold grief today, these are just people picking someone up, surely these drivers could arrange a more convenient pick up point, I think the police will put a stop to it soon though

IndependentWSU

May 24, 2011
An extra train to Brighton would be appreciated, and also losing the hassle of having to leave the concourse at Brighton Station then to go back through the gates.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Presumably because you weren't in the front five carriages?

I asked the woman if this was the train for Lewes, she said yes so I just got on. What else could I do. Then as we where getting on we where told to push down to the end of the train.
Nobody said we needed to be in the first five carriages.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I asked the woman if this was the train for Lewes, she said yes so I just got on. What else could I do. Nobody said we needed to be in the first five carriages.

Just pull the communication cord at Lewes if your carriage doors don't open. Transfers the problem from you to them.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There isn't one anymore, train stops at the next station which would have been Polegate

:facepalm:

There's some kind of handle type thing in a perspex box shirley. Least there is on the London bound trains. Don't East Coast line punters get the same deal? Anyways, even if there isn't, couldn't the train crew & staff at Lewes be just a wee bit more savvy and make sure folk don't end up at Polegate when they want to get off at Lewes. OK, not the biggest deal in the world, but its an aspect of match day travel that could maybe be tweaked for the greater good. And no, I'm not advocating shorter trains as a solution before you suggest it.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
There's some kind of handle type thing in a perspex box shirley. Least there is on the London bound trains. Don't East Coast line punters get the same deal? Anyways, even if there isn't, couldn't the train crew & staff at Lewes be just a wee bit more savvy and make sure folk don't end up at Polegate when they want to get off at Lewes. OK, not the biggest deal in the world, but its an aspect of match day travel that could maybe be tweaked for the greater good. And no, I'm not advocating shorter trains as a solution before you suggest it.

Should have had staff on the platform at the rear of the train to make sure everyone was off, that was always the way they did it when they had long slam door trains there

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Took the Albion bus from Royal George in Shoreham (£4 per game for the season). Pickups at Southwick and top of Portslade then onto the bypass. At the ground by 1.20.
Coming home ,waited about 10 minutes in the carpark then quickly away . Indoors in Shoreham at 10 to 6. Brilliant, no hassle.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
There was a VERY long queue at the Amex at 5.45pm. Was that for park and ride buses?

Mill Rd queue was epic while the other P n R buses were pretty quiet

Long trains calling at stations with short platforms always have an on-train announcement - "Will passengers for XXXX please make sure they are travelling in the correct part of the train ..."

I guess there's either not enough time between Falmer and Lewes for anyone to do anything about this, or the announcement can't be heard over the sound of singing.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Long trains calling at stations with short platforms always have an on-train announcement - "Will passengers for XXXX please make sure they are travelling in the correct part of the train ..."

I guess there's either not enough time between Falmer and Lewes for anyone to do anything about this, or the announcement can't be heard over the sound of singing.

All very well giving an announcement but if the train is packed you cannot physically get to the correct coaches.

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
Leaving the ground today by park and ride bus was a lot longer than last week, and took IMO too long.

I think they need police at the lights at the junction of Village Way and Falmer Road. They could then clear the traffic from the stadium by allowing a constant stream out, which in-turn will allow the buses to get back quicker.

Last week was 10 out of 10, this week only 5 out of 10.

TB

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003

All they had to do was make an announcement at Lewes and say if you are at the back of train please move the front of the carriages to get off. We heard nothing. All we heard was, next stop Polegate.

Jul 7, 2003
swindon, wilts
Used the Mill Rd P&R, arrived at 1.20pm after 3hr trip from home. The car park was rammed, as a result the queues after the game were massive. Got on the bus back at about 5.50pm after leaving at the final whistle. When we left the queue was still very long. Will be using Mithras house next game, & I think several more will be doing the same. Still a cracking day & hopefully the first of many.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Yep - Mill Road P&R is by far the slowest to get away from the ground. Getting to the ground is fine as long as you get to Mill Road early enough. After the game though, as per Swindon Seagull wasn't exactly sluggish getting back to the bus park but the queues are very long. Got on a bus around 5:45 but the queue was still all the way across the bus park and round the road towards the car park. Problem is that because only single deckers can go through the tunnel there is limited capacity on the buses. Some fans were getting frustrated as there were empty double deckers hanging around as there was nobody left wanting to go the Mithras House. I think a few people will rethink their plans as you wouldn't want to be waiting around too long on a cold and wet January evening.

The other queue which took a while to clear was the Route R to Rottingdean. This seemed to be down to the fact that they had a very small Compass bus which took less than 40 passengers at a time so they might want to rethink this.

What are the queues like for the buses back to Lewes? Has anyone used the parking near the Kingston roundabout?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here