Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How can people be soo crual to animals?

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
DTES said:
Correct. I don't think anyone has seriously defended cosmetic testing though. I was talking about scientific testing, for the sake of medical advances, which IMHO, is completely different.
DTES please expand, medical testing as in? because surely i would have thought whether it cosmetic testing or medical testing, the results would be totally different with animals compared with humans? correct me if im wrong.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I shoot + fish. Sometimes when I shoot Rabbits they don't die in the most in humane way. However I do eat what I kill and protect crops from vermin.

This I consider acceptable

Cruelty to household pets etc is shocking and punishments should be big however to say they are on the same level as humans or whatever is ridiculous

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Actually, the bastard that ran down my dog (who was on a lead at the time) but was killed because this sad act hated dogs, is now dead. Shamefully not at my hand but those of his wife. Yes I have a bit of an attitude that my best friend was done to death in such a way.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Are Rhino's fat Unicorns?

I hate flabby animals.

Talking of Walruses when is Tedebear going to sqeeze out the scaley alien bugmonster?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
looney said:

I hate flabby animals.

Talking of Walruses when is Tedebear going to sqeeze out the scaley alien bugmonster?
]

You just hate, your posts show you to be the social misfit that you obviously are. Do the world a favour, have a short life.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
looney said:

I hate flabby animals.

your a proper :tosser: or just retarded

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
bhaexpress said:
Actually, the bastard that ran down my dog (who was on a lead at the time) but was killed because this sad act hated dogs, is now dead. Shamefully not at my hand but those of his wife. Yes I have a bit of an attitude that my best friend was done to death in such a way.
bha - sorry about ur dog mate, ive had 3 kittens ran over in 1 year, coz of stupid drivers, but did u say the guy that ran ur dog over is dead?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
brighton_b0y said:
your a proper :tosser: or just retarded

I concider you on a mental level as a bonobo monkey. Given the oppertunity I would happily plant a couple of electrodes in your head then fry your synaptics with about 20,000 volts of zap juice. This at the very least reduce the total tard population to Bhaexpress.

Scuse me while I chuck another fresh(live)Kitten on the BBQ.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
looney whats concider? and oppertunity? do you need spelling lessons little girl.

DTES said:
I know I'm asking for trouble here, challenging such an NSC legend as NMH, but I think that's a perfectly valid viewpoint - as long as you're happy for millions of people across the world to continue dying from diseases we'll manage to cure by developing medicines, that yes, are tested on animals before humans. A first test has to be somewhere - would you yourself be willing to try something completely new, risking unexpected results? Because I think the line has to be drawn somewhere, and yes, I believe animals should be used first..

Firstly as repost to your leading aside, discussion with longer-term NSC members shouldn't bother anyone, it's not really "asking for trouble" and personally I enjoy to debate with you.

There has been way more than enough testing on animals for science to find out what they have needed to know - and mostly these leading biologists could figure out stuff without the blithe torture and disposal of animals. It is not seen as cruel even now, to place animals in the situations that Joseph Mengela put Jewish children!

Manymany times, animals are being used just so some University or lab can lay claim to huge government grants. Repetitive tortures and horrendous agonies are tried on innocents just so a lab can claim their right to exist!

They burn a live pig with a blowtorch without anaesthetic (but drugged not to be able to struggle) and then while it suffers untold pain they pull the burnt skin off to look at the results. As if we don't know what the result of that would be? I saw it on videotape - it changes your day I can tell you.

They pull apart a live monkey, muscle by muscle, right down to the skeleton with brain and central nervous system to see how long it can live without its' body. I read the account of that particular one. Not pretty.

Now, I cannot avoid everything that has once been tested by dripping it into rabbits eyes for 6 months continuously, or refuse a medication that has been refined by overdosing a hundred dogs. We can find the companies that advocate a vegetarian skin moisturiser, by going to The Body Shop. We can visit PETA website http://www.peta.org/ and find out other sites that present good products http://www.caringconsumer.com/

How many times do we hear of medications withdrawn after they find the side-effects are as harmful as the desired effects? I don't much trust science, and I lean towards holistic treatments whenever possible - and have found excellent results.

It may not be much, but you all CAN do something against animal testing by simply avoiding many inferior products that are getting rich by filling supermarket shelves with 'tested products' that they emblazon on our tvs or street hoardings.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
brighton_b0y said:
bha - sorry about ur dog mate, ive had 3 kittens ran over in 1 year, coz of stupid drivers, but did u say the guy that ran ur dog over is dead?

3 kittens in a year? Damn your accurate with that skateboard slappy.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
looney said:
3 kittens in a year? Damn your accurate with that skateboard slappy.
you are a proper !!!! aint ya

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
brighton_b0y said:
looney whats concider? and oppertunity? do you need spelling lessons little girl.

I'll taKE A METAL PUNCH TO YOUR FOREHEAD Frodo.....G ..I....M .....P. Thats about right.

Maybe an Alien race millions of light years away are planning to keep us all in death camps one day, locking us up in cages while they watch for their enjoyment then torture and eat us when the time is right, for the simple fact they consider themselves far more intelligent and technologically superior so that gives them the right to do so.

Remember the animals were on this planet before us.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
brighton_b0y said:
DTES please expand, medical testing as in? because surely i would have thought whether it cosmetic testing or medical testing, the results would be totally different with animals compared with humans? correct me if im wrong.

Not at all different in many cases. We're not the only species to have hearts, kidneys, livers, stomachs - the list goes on. If it's likely that a product could aid a sick kidney or liver it's obviously got to be tested somewhere - where would you suggest?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here