Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How can people be soo crual to animals?

looney said:
You need to differentiate between humans and animals. Firstly would you like to be treated like an animal? Put on a leash and put in a kennel?

We need culls of animals for population controll why not groups of humans?

I'm not up on Animal rights thinking or its critiques but I know your veiw is a very twisted one.

But surely if you are against animal cruelty, which is the original point, then you will also be against human cruelty and thus avoid horrors such as the holocaust because you care what happens to people.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Meade's_Ball said:
"We can't conceive of a very much worse case of animal cruelty than this."

Hmmm, i can. Lynching a hippo using a rope made of worms and snakes. In the hippo's mouth is a family of wingless geese, bleating as they drown in a huge mouth of saliva and blood.

I won't go on.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: hilarious!

you cant beat Roast Albatross with Seal pup sauce IMO.

Hippo's are supposed to be horses arn't they? Those fat fucks eat to much.

Simster said:
I forgot about them. Hippos kill more humans than crocs, lions or hyenas though.

So they kill more people than any other four legged beast... good to know.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Animals in the wild have more of a survival instinct against cruelty. My original post was about domestic animals that are really only there for us to have as pets. They rely on us. Animals in the wild dont.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Lokki 7 said:
But surely if you are against animal cruelty, which is the original point, then you will also be against human cruelty and thus avoid horrors such as the holocaust because you care what happens to people.

Thats not the point, I'm arguing they are not morally equal or equivellant. Humans are worth more than animals.

Braders isnt an animal, he's a vegtable so ranks even lower.

brighton_b0y said:
Animals in the wild have more of a survival instinct against cruelty. My original post was about domestic animals that are really only there for us to have as pets. They rely on us. Animals in the wild dont.

Apart from the commode using dragons of course

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
there was a dragon living under my bed when I was little.... not sure where it lives now - swear it ate those lovely dunlop volley trainers I loved so much and lost....

personally I think its ok to be cruel to flies - they aren't an animal so I am exempt, its good to catch them and pull their wings off.... :jester:

looney said:
Thats not the point, I'm arguing they are not morally equal or equivellant. Humans are worth more than animals.

Braders isnt an animal, he's a vegtable so ranks even lower.

Perhaps. But you also said "Thats the kind of thinking that led to the holocaust." That statement is wrong. Being against animal cruelty will not make a holocaust event more likely. But I understand what you are saying re moral equality.

Last edited:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
simster. it appears that when you are saying its wrong to compare animals and humans your view is that that means downgrading a humans status to that of an animal.

if you think of it in the view of upgrading an animals status to that comparable of a human then all these refferences to humans being treatred as animals goes out the window.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here