Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How can people be soo crual to animals?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Well I put animals (in some cases) on the same level as humans, more so on occasion. However, anyone who can deliberately inflict cruelty on an animal has the capacity to do the same to a human. There's so many serial killers that started out by torturing animals, Jeffery Dhama and Dennis Neilson for a start.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
bhaexpress said:
Well I put animals (in some cases) on the same level as humans, more so on occasion. However, anyone who can deliberately inflict cruelty on an animal has the capacity to do the same to a human. There's so many serial killers that started out by torturing animals, Jeffery Dhama and Dennis Neilson for a start.

Nah, not true. I quite happily hunt, fish, shoot, trap - but I eat everything that comes my way, but I wouldn't say that I was a mass murderer in waiting.

I wouldn't say that I tortured animals, but I don't really want to get into a row about semantics. Does putting a ring of salt around a slug count? How about putting a very hot chilli-pepper concoction on the ground where next door's cat walks before it shits in my garden?

Then again, there are some old people who really piss me off, and nobody would miss them.

And some people that I work with, some of them deserve both barrels in the back of the head.

And someone looked at me a little funny on the bus today.......

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
HampshireSeagulls said:
Nah, not true. I quite happily hunt, fish, shoot, trap - but I eat everything that comes my way, but I wouldn't say that I was a mass murderer in waiting.

I wouldn't say that I tortured animals, but I don't really want to get into a row about semantics. Does putting a ring of salt around a slug count? How about putting a very hot chilli-pepper concoction on the ground where next door's cat walks before it shits in my garden?

Then again, there are some old people who really piss me off, and nobody would miss them.

And some people that I work with, some of them deserve both barrels in the back of the head.

And someone looked at me a little funny on the bus today.......

I rest my case :lolol: :lolol:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
bhaexpress said:
I rest my case :lolol: :lolol:

Are you taking the piss? You are, aren't you, you're laughing at me. I know where you live....HEAR ME, I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE YOU FUCKER....

Make sure you bolt your doors, barricade your windows and arm yourself with kitchen knives.

I'll be round later with a rabbit pie....... :p

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Richie Morris said:
On my way to the away leg of the play offs I saw someone throw a puppy out of their car window.

Almost ruined my day.

Horsham boy? I'm surprised you didn't pull over and scoop it up as roadkill - couple of slices of bread and away you go.

Decent restaurants have always been lacking in Sun Alliance City......

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
HampshireSeagulls said:
Horsham boy? I'm surprised you didn't pull over and scoop it up as roadkill - couple of slices of bread and away you go.

Decent restaurants have always been lacking in Sun Alliance City......
theres certain threads for jokes, i wouldn't have said this was one! :tosser:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
brighton_b0y said:
theres certain threads for jokes, i wouldn't have said this was one! :tosser:

Give us a list of what you consider suitable, and we'll make sure we comply in future. I find lots of subjects "unsuitable" for jokes, but as no-one checks with me first, or has any reason to, I get on with my life.

:tosser: :tosser:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
bhaexpress said:
Well I put animals (in some cases) on the same level as humans, more so on occasion.

Putting animals and humans in cases makes you feel like a big man, does it Frank? Your warehouse of indiscriminate torture makes me feel queasy. And aroused.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
NMH said:
The concept of 'scientific experiments' on animals is wrong too.

I know I'm asking for trouble here, challenging such an NSC legend as NMH, but I think that's a perfectly valid viewpoint - as long as you're happy for millions of people across the world to continue dying from diseases we'll manage to cure by developing medicines, that yes, are tested on animals before humans. A first test has to be somewhere - would you yourself be willing to try something completely new, risking unexpected results? Because I think the line has to be drawn somewhere, and yes, I believe animals should be used first..

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Meade's_Ball said:
Putting animals and humans in cases makes you feel like a big man, does it Frank? Your warehouse of indiscriminate torture makes me feel queasy. And aroused.

Sorry you've lost me here, tell me, what are you on ? Yes, I prefer my dogs to some people. They love me unconditionally and Oh yes I would kill with extreme predudice anybody who hurt them, including children, especially yours.

Highfields Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bullock Smithy
bhaexpress said:

Well I put animals (in some cases) on the same level as humans...

Meade's Ball said:

Putting animals and humans in cases makes you feel like a big man...

This, as I understand it, was a joke based on a play on words around putting animals and humans in cases.

I for one found it very funny.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
bhaexpress said:
Sorry you've lost me here, tell me, what are you on ? Yes, I prefer my dogs to some people. They love me unconditionally and Oh yes I would kill with extreme predudice anybody who hurt them, including children, especially yours.

I haven't any children.
:(
They were experimented on by a cosmetics company until they died.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I've come across this argument accidentally several times as a result of my new girlfriend. I'm no toff or anything like that, but at uni i've started going out with a girl who is (or was) ino hunting. Anyway i have absolutely no desires to get involved with her sport or anything like that, but to a certain extent I'm now prepared to stick up for it.

I am a Catholic. I don't believe that abortion is ever really justified. I CERTAINLY believe that a human foetus is worth more than an animal.

However if I started some sort of thread proclaiming some sort of campaign against women who have had abortions, I think I would probably be banned from this forum. Yet what is the difference? In my opinion the only difference is that one involves humans and the other animals. I don't condemn those who are involved in abortion, and i wouldn't expect those who oppose hunting or whatever to act against those who partake in it.

My point is that we all have different views as to the importance of other forms of life, but that if we don't understand and to a certain extent respect other views, we're f***ed (basically).

Last edited:

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
COSMETIC TESTING ON ANIMALS IS f***ing BOLLOX. They don't have the same skin etc as humans which makes the testing less effective. You can't get the same result testing on a mouse to see how something might react on a human.

If you ask me they should use murders, rapists, peodophiles (sp.) etc to fuckin test on and save tax payers money for them staying in a jail penthouse.

Crazy Cornish Gal

Dec 26, 2003
Brighton
brighton_b0y said:
COSMETIC TESTING ON ANIMALS IS f***ing BOLLOX. They don't have the same skin etc as humans which makes the testing less effective. You can't get the same result testing on a mouse to see how something might react on a human.

If you ask me they should use murders, rapists, peodophiles (sp.) etc to fuckin test on and save tax payers money for them staying in a jail penthouse.

Thats the best post i've read all day, how very true and what a good idea.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
brighton_b0y said:

Correct. I don't think anyone has seriously defended cosmetic testing though. I was talking about scientific testing, for the sake of medical advances, which IMHO, is completely different.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Meade's_Ball said:
I haven't any children.
:(
They were experimented on by a cosmetics company until they died.
Oh yes, very funny.

DTES said:
I know I'm asking for trouble here, challenging such an NSC legend as NMH, but I think that's a perfectly valid viewpoint - as long as you're happy for millions of people across the world to continue dying from diseases we'll manage to cure by developing medicines, that yes, are tested on animals before humans. A first test has to be somewhere - would you yourself be willing to try something completely new, risking unexpected results? Because I think the line has to be drawn somewhere, and yes, I believe animals should be used first..
Why can't we test medicines and chemicals on convicted paedophiles,and also all the ratboys that make neighbourhoods and high streets no go areas?,I would much rather see these shitbags being used productively than sitting in prison at our expense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here