Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How can FOOTBALL generally, get any better for you?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
No more stupid Sky reporters breathlessly telling us that "you've got to feel sorry for the fans" in relation to Liverpool/Pompey.

No, I don't have to feel sorry for their fans. They've had their good times, now let the bad times roll. It's someone else's turn in the spotlight. C'est la vie.

In fact, no more coverage of the Liverpool situation full stop. I'm utterly bored and it means nothing in the overall scheme of English football.

Seagulls4life

Jul 30, 2010
Brighton
an english team that can actually beat a tough team instead of thrashing a small team and struggling against the big guns with the whole of england expecting better

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
All agents to be banned.

All incompetent match officials (ie most of 'em) to be publicly flogged.

Serial divers to be banned and flogged.

A reintroduction of the small dog on the pitch (especially if it can dribble the ball with its nose whilst flying round the pitch at high speed).

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
goal line....

and edge of penalty area handball by opposite player out of the box TECHNOLOGY! :tosser:

anyone else agree?

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Pssssst! "Soccer" was actually invented by the English. It's not an American word...

I know, just like Rugby is to 'Rugger' or 'Brekkers' is to Breakfast, it is solely a nickname. which is a shortened term of Football Association. (assoc.) So football is, and always will be the true name of the game. Im not as such a bigot, I just think Football is a better name.

Last edited:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Players have to leave the pitch from the nearest point when being substituted off.

Referees on performance related pay.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Garth Crooks falling off the edge of the planet into a bottomless abyss so i don't have to look at his stupid muggy face ever again or listen to him ............ walking pe*is that lad!

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
When a player in injuired and has to go off for treatment , the player who commited the foul must go off aswell.
Just an Idea i've had, instead of throw in's in your half, have Kick In's??

Elegia

Jan 4, 2007
Make every single England player sing the national anthem at the top of their voices at every international, whether it be a friendly or a competitive game.

Stumpy Tim

1. I'm with Gwylan on video evidence to punish divers - 6 game bans for ANY dive.

2. Portsmouth to go out of business. f*** 'em

3. Sky come to their senses & stop showing Premiership football, and replace it with League 1 & Championship football

4. Portsmouth to go out of business

5. Someone finally punches Tim Cahill in the face

6. End of red cards for fighting. Everyone likes a good scrap, and they should be allowed on the day - with video evidence punishing the violent ones post-match

7. TV camera's should be told to show any streakers instead of panning away

8. Portsmouth to out of business

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
If a player is treated on the pitch for a foul,the foulER as well as the foulEE should leave the pitch during the period of treatment.If a substitute is required the fouler should remain off the pitch until the substitution is made.If all three substitutes have been made,the foulER should sit out the rest of the game so that the team suffering the offence does not suffer further.

Or this bloody daft rule could be abolished.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Bring back the proper offside rule.

"if he's not affecting the play, what's he doing on the pitch" - as they say.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
For Rangers and Celtic to be told once and for all that they, their moronic fans and their sub standard players will never, ever be welcome in the English leagues.

I'm sure there's more than a few people among the tens of thousands who visit Parkhead and Ibrox every week who aren't morons. Is this how our coppers think of football fans?

I would WELCOME a trip up to watch Albion at either of the Old Firm, visiting one of the greatest footballing and drinking cities on this planet. The problem would be where would you accomodate them initially in the English football pyramid?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
An American football style European wide Wage cap that levels the playing field. This new financial fair play FIFA want to introduce will just make things worse.

James Corden is banned from talking about anything to do with football

Anyone that does a Lee Hughes or Marlon King is banned from football for life

John Terry gets his comeuppance

Pompey go out of business

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here