Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How can FOOTBALL generally, get any better for you?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The following individuals to be prevented from ever having anything to do with football television coverage, ever again:

-Clive Tyldesley
-Jamie Redknapp
-Tim Lovejoy
-Andy Townsend
-Kevin Keegan
-Alan Shearer

Good call.

I'll also ban Alan Green from the radio, whilst we're at it.

Goal music to be banned across the Football and Premier Leagues :clap2:

I noticed Blackpool playing <spit> Glad All Over when their goals went in last Saturday. I don't suppose they were very Glad when Tevez hit the winner, were they? Almost serves them right.

Disagree on this one. If classless noddy clubs want to advertise themselves as such, let them crack on. Just so long as we remain among the classy ones who reject it.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Disagree on this one. If classless noddy clubs want to advertise themselves as such, let them crack on. Just so long as we remain among the classy ones who reject it.

Fair point. We do still need clubs to laugh at.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Less of this please...............

article-0-04E8B4D90000044D-777_468x286.jpg

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There seems to be a presumption amongst players now that if they get a slight knock, they can just sit down and the game will be stopped for them. Which, inevitably, it is. If the referee doesn't halt proceedings, then the other team will politely slot the ball out for a throw in. WHY?

This never used to happen when I first started watching the Albion (1985-86 season). If there was an obviously serious injury, fair enough, someone would put the ball out, but these days it happens all the time. I pay to watch a game of football, not a physiotherapy session for fit twenty-something men. Then the physio runs on, rubs the leg of the prone player, who grabs a quick drink while he's about it, and lo and behold, up he gets. Which suggests he never really needed any assistance in the first place.

There should be no treatment on the pitch unless it's obviously serious. I realise this puts some pressure on referees, particularly with the ever greater levels of cheating and gamesmanship that go on, but come on, most of us can tell if someone's really in trouble as opposed to doing a Cristiano Ronaldo triple somersault with Eskimo roll.

If players really need assistance, they should go off the pitch of their own accord. Not sit down- or even WORSE, hobble over to two yards in from to the touchline and then sit down on the pitch itself, the weasels. If they knew they could only receive treatment on the field if the referee deemed it serious, then they wouldn't waste so much time moaning about slight (or imaginary) knocks.

I don't know if football could work a similar law to rugby union where the game carries on around the physio or injured player, but that's another option perhaps. There should NOT be this pathetic moral obligation that seems to exist whereby a striker gets a slight kick but (surprisingly) only starts to feel it once his side lose the ball, and he then sits down and expects the other team to stop play for him.

CARRY ON PLAYING FFS! He'll soon get up.

Last edited:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The following individuals to be prevented from ever having anything to do with football television coverage, ever again:

-Clive Tyldesley
-Jamie Redknapp
-Tim Lovejoy
-Andy Townsend
-Kevin Keegan
-Alan Shearer

-Peter Drury
-Andy Gray
-Colin Murray
-ITV

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
England is not a sh*t team and will actually win the world cup properly again

The 'Americanism' of English football has just got to go.

The premiership to open a new age where football requires talent over status and reputation.

Brighton becomes the best football team on the south coast.

America realises they've been idiots all throughout this time and decide to embrace football and stop calling it soccer.

There we go

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
The Premier league to be abolished forthwith & for it to return to a straight four league format as was.

The Champions league to be abolished & returned to the European cup where only the champions of their domestic leagues are entered

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
America realises they've been idiots all throughout this time and decide to embrace football and stop calling it soccer.

Pssssst! "Soccer" was actually invented by the English. It's not an American word...

There seems to be a presumption amongst players now that if they get a slight knock, they can just sit down and the game will be stopped for them. Which, inevitably, it is. If the referee doesn't halt proceedings, then the other team will politely slot the ball out for a throw in. WHY?

This never used to happen when I first started watching the Albion (1985-86 season). If there was an obviously serious injury, fair enough, someone would put the ball out, but these days it happens all the time. I pay to watch a game of football, not a physiotherapy session for fit twenty-something men. Then the physio runs on, rubs the leg of the prone player, who grabs a quick drink while he's about it, and lo and behold, up he gets. Which suggests he never really needed any assistance in the first place.

There should be no treatment on the pitch unless it's obviously serious. I realise this puts some pressure on referees, particularly with the ever greater levels of cheating and gamesmanship that go on, but come on, most of us can tell if someone's really in trouble as opposed to doing a Cristiano Ronaldo triple somersault with Eskimo roll.

If players really need assistance, they should go off the pitch of their own accord. Not sit down- or even WORSE, hobble over to two yards in from to the touchline and then sit down on the pitch itself, the weasels. If they knew they could only receive treatment on the field if the referee deemed it serious, then they wouldn't waste so much time moaning about slight (or imaginary) knocks.

I don't know if football could work a similar law to rugby union where the game carries on around the physio or injured player, but that's another option perhaps. There should NOT be this pathetic moral obligation that seems to exist whereby a striker gets a slight kick but (surprisingly) only starts to feel it once his side lose the ball, and he then sits down and expects the other team to stop play for him.

CARRY ON PLAYING FFS! He'll soon get up.

Or how about this? If a physio is required to treat a player for an injury, the player has to be off the field of play for at least three minutes, no exceptions.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
UEFA and FIFA to get their priorities straight, and to start hammering clubs and national associations whose fans engage in unacceptable abuse (eg the racial abuse of players still highly prevalent in many of the former Eastern bloc countries).

As opposed to fining them a pathetic £450 for (say) two thousand people making monkey noises in unison, like they have done before :tosser:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Or how about this? If a physio is required to treat a player for an injury, the player has to be off the field of play for at least three minutes, no exceptions.

It is a difficult one, I accept that, because while I do want to weed out the play acting, I also don't think it's fair that if a player has been hacked down and hurt, his team gets effectively punished by having to have him off the pitch while the offender remains in play. But then again I guess if he genuinely was injured, then three minutes may well be what he needs to get treated anyway. I'd like to THINK a player would never deliberately injure a star opponent simply to get him off the pitch for three minutes at a key moment...

Perhaps that's the answer. It would certainly stop all the unnecessary poncing about that we get now. Especially the 'injuries' that only seem to occur to players on the winning side when they're reaching time added on...

The game should never, EVER be stopped because a player has cramp, that's for sure.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Players should pay agents out of their own pockets. It's ridiculous that clubs have to pay agents for transfers arranged. If I buy a new house, I pay my solicitor myself: I don't expect the vendor to fork out for it.

Before you say "yes, but if they paid them out of their own money they'd simply ask for more wages anyway", true, but it might make them think a little more closely about what they're paying their agents, plus the clubs might get a little tougher on how much they're paying too, and would be in a better position to say "No, this is the offer on the table, this is how much it would leave you a week, this is exactly what you asked for. If you want more of the money for yourself, pay the agent less"

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Agdestein gets a run in the first team and shoots up to top scorer charts

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here