Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How bad was this chant by Arsenal fans

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
The issue here is not singing a song at your rivals. Every club does it. The issue is the content of this particular song. Frankly, I would never sing a song about events that results in actual deaths. Adebayor crossed a line when he over celebrated but taunting him about the deaths of his friends and wishing him dead is too far in my book.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Mate, the amount of things I hear at the football would never be said on the street.

Its football, get over it.

pretty much agree with this......cant believe Rednapp making such a big deal after spurs have spent years giving Sol Cambell loads of abuse...one particular song was on here a couple of years ago, cant remember it now. Its just football......always has been always will be whether you agree with it or not...if you dont then dont sing such songs.

Oct 25, 2003
footballers are only human.......seeing his mates getting shot to death before his very eyes must've been a highly traumatic experience for him

mocking him for that is the behaviour of a grade-a **** in my view

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
footballers are only human.......seeing his mates getting shot to death before his very eyes must've been a highly traumatic experience for him

mocking him for that is the behaviour of a grade-a **** in my view

It's football though. Anything and everything is acceptable. :facepalm:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Mate, the amount of things I hear at the football would never be said on the street.

Its football, get over it.

So if you say it in a crowd from a distance that's ok.

There is a theme with you isn't there. Someone ELSE throwing a bottle at murray is fine. A crowd chanting a murder-based song is fine. Both because they are the WIMPS way of carrying out thuggish behaviour. Someone doing this in person would be SAD. Doing it behind the veil of thousands is just PATHETIC

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
So if you say it in a crowd from a distance that's ok.

There is a theme with you isn't there. Someone ELSE throwing a bottle at murray is fine. A crowd chanting a murder-based song is fine. Both because they are the WIMPS way of carrying out thuggish behaviour. Someone doing this in person would be SAD. Doing it behind the veil of thousands is just PATHETIC

That thread was about grassing on a fellow fan, and yes there was loads on here who would grass.

Football fans around the world have always sung offensive songs, it aint nice but it happens, thats football.

You are a proper soaking wet lettuce.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
I put up for years people singing songs about me being adopted and i tell ya what it broke me at school so much so i didn't go. Just.as his a Football player don't stop him being a human being.

seagulls

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
When Adebayor played for Manchester City at the Emirates in April 2010, some bloke near the front shouted out to him about the shooting in Angola, Adebayor clearly heard it, looked at him and just laughed at the Gooner. In that situation he handled himself with dignity and made the fan look a fool.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
...aimed at Adebayor:

It should have been you, it should have been you,
Shot in Angola. It should have been you.

:nono:

Right up there with those hilarious Munich, Istanbul, Hillsborough chants.

It`s not new that is what fans sing it is sick, but so is modern comedy, listen to sean lock it`s part of todays culture

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Sure it is, and these are only words:

Don't be a dickhead, it's not just a song.

Chill out, hardly new is it, fans of rival teams chanting offensive/obscene things at opposing players. Water off a ducks back in my opinion. What annoys me more is people getting on their moralistic high horse.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Chill out, hardly new is it, fans of rival teams chanting offensive/obscene things at opposing players. Water off a ducks back in my opinion. What annoys me more is people getting on their moralistic high horse.

Nightmare that isn't it? Why can't they all just chill out and we can have a right old knees up, sing some songs about real life murders and the like, yeehaw!

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
I'm not saying the Arsenal fan's were right, But Spurs Fan's are probably the worst of all fan's when it comes to offensive chants. It's just the way football is, it will never change

Sadly you are probably right. I was talking to a Chelsea STH who used to go to the Bridge in the 80's and he saw Chelsea fans throwing bananas at Paul Canaville (1st Chelsea black player) as he ran down the wing. This mentality of ignorance and hate seems to be hard to erase from football.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

I'm perfectly calm and I also understand it's nothing new. The point is, it shouldn't just be something you have to deal with because you're a footballer. These bellends get away with things when they're at a football match just because they're at a football match which I don't think is right.

Nothing to do with claiming moral high ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here