Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How bad was this chant by Arsenal fans

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
Good stuff. And presumably if thousands of people were singing a song to you about one of your best friends dying in your arms, you wouldn't be in the slightest bit upset? Excellent.

While we're at it, you should tell your wife that your marriage vows were completely meaningless and a waste of time. Only words after all, eh?

Chesney,

1. I dont have a wife.
2. Do you remember his goal for Man City, running the length of the pitch to celebrate right in front of the gooners.

What goes around, comes around.

He behaved like a prick to them, they behaved like a prick to him.

I personally dont give a shit.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
So are you lot saying you wouldn't join in in songs about Murray if he did an 'Adebayor' in front of the north stand? Bloody hypocrites.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Sid he celebrated as he was abused for 80 mins and gave them a lovely up yours.

The song last night was awful.

seagulls

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
You think singing a song is thuggish?

I take it you have never sung 'hark now hear' at an Albion game?

There's a slight difference between saying "you ran away and we'll fight you forever blah blah blah" and "You should have died in the shooting you witnessed where your mates were killed"

I know we've got the other palace song about guns and shooting as well. But if for instance a Brighton fan shot 4 palace fans and a year later we were singing that song to Palace fans, I'd say that was equally as bad.

Just because you're in big groups at a football match doesn't mean that you have the God given right to say what you like.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Those critising the the Spurs fans - at least they know how to sing S L O W L Y

You could argue that Build a Bonfire is just as specific (although not to an actual event but specific to two people) - especially the second verse

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm not saying the Arsenal fan's were right, But Spurs Fan's are probably the worst of all fan's when it comes to offensive chants. It's just the way football is, it will never change

West Ham surely are up there as well? Amongst other things their songs cover brain tumors and miscarriages.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I can remember Albion fans singing a song that referenced the Abafan mining disaster at Cardiff fans in the very early seventies.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
are these people sick,is this a illness RE nonces,perhaps tyrone biggums could help?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
As much as I detest THFC, it would be fantastic for the 'impossible' to happen and the Arse to get relegated, just to see the look of confusion on faces of the local plastics who parade around in their Arsenal shirts. They wouldn't know what to do with themselves if 'the Arsenal' spent a season or three in the second tier. Oh if only we had the American draft system where the best players go to the worst performing clubs and so even the shit clubs rise to the top eventually - it might kill off the plastics thing once and for all...well possibly.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not surprised one little bit, some Spurs fans are just as pathetic. When Arsenal were playing Barca in the final a few years back said to one Spurs fan ‘guess you’ll be backing Arsenal, they are an English side.’ His reply ‘I hope they all die in a plane crash before the match.’ He’d always seemed like a reasonable chap but obviously not.
Either he's a twat, or he was just taking the piss, which is ok as long as it's not chanted among a others where anyone can here. One to one I've said some ridiculous things for (Franky Boyle style) shock factor, because my friends would know I didn't mean it. But chanting that sort of stuff at a stadium is out of order.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here