Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How bad was this chant by Arsenal fans

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
Sure it is, and these are only words:

Don't be a dickhead, it's not just a song.

You want fans to be banned for life for singing a song.

Need to get a grip and stop being so sensitive.

Aint very nice granted, but a life ban is a pathetic call.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
and the difference between singing this song and the one about "Shooting the Palace scum" is?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
and the difference between singing this song and the one about "Shooting the Palace scum" is?
Well, one is tongue in cheek. The other makes reference to an incident in Togo where Adebayor's bus was highjacked and he saw three mates shot dead in cold blood.

Are you this much of a thick wanker in real life?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I think people get a bit sanctimonious about songs that get sung, from the safety of the keyboard or a phone-in. Unfortunately, all teams have songs that when written down and the words are dissected, are pretty horrible. We are all in a glass house on this one.

While we may not all sing the songs around us that we think are a bit unsavioury, or have gone too far, I have very rarely seen anyone remonstrate with fans of the same team to stop singing any of them. We therefore accept "shoot the Palace scum" and others by association.

Life ban? Nah, get a grip.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
Hold on Spurs fans were vilified for saying, tongue in cheek, that Adebayor's Dad washes elephants. It's only different to you because it's Brighton involved.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
Well, one is tongue in cheek. The other makes reference to an incident in Togo where Adebayor's bus was highjacked and he saw three mates shot dead in cold blood.

Are you this much of a thick wanker in real life?

Calm down you weirdo, why you stressing so much about it..:lolol:

Do you actually give a shit????

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Calm down you weirdo, why you stressing so much about it..:lolol:

Do you actually give a shit????
I don't really, tbh, and indeed I think we've all heard a lot worse.

But lets be honest, it is NOTHING like the "shoot the palace scum" song is it?

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
I don't really, tbh, and indeed I think we've all heard a lot worse.

But lets be honest, it is NOTHING like the "shoot the palace scum" song is it?

Couldnt care less if its like or not like shoot the palace scum.

Just find the irony funny you calling the fella a thick wanker while biting hard down on his bait.:lol:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
The shoot the Palace scum and this one:

Stevie Coppell's illegitimate, he ain't got no birth certificate, he's got aids and can't get rid of it

Are about the worst songs Brighton fans sing on mass. Obviously smaller groups have gone further with the Istanbul and racist chanting

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Not surprised one little bit, some Spurs fans are just as pathetic. When Arsenal were playing Barca in the final a few years back said to one Spurs fan ‘guess you’ll be backing Arsenal, they are an English side.’ His reply ‘I hope they all die in a plane crash before the match.’ He’d always seemed like a reasonable chap but obviously not.

Well ask a stupid question.....

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Course not.

Good stuff. And presumably if thousands of people were singing a song to you about one of your best friends dying in your arms, you wouldn't be in the slightest bit upset? Excellent.

While we're at it, you should tell your wife that your marriage vows were completely meaningless and a waste of time. Only words after all, eh?

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
It seems a bit tit for tat as to who can come up with the most offensive song. All songs from a spurs supporting mate:

(to the flintstones)
Arsene, Arsene Wenger
He's the biggest nonce in history
When he, sees a playground
He has a wank behind the nearest tree

Adebayor, Adebayor
He's seen Arsene Wenger, touch Wiltshire's backdoor

(from yesterday, whole of WHL apparently, not sure of the tune)
Arsene Wenger, Arsene Wenger
He was born to play with kids, He was born to play with kids

sorry, but the first one is v funny

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here