Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Homophobic Chanting

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
The most absurd aspect of so-called homophobic chanting at Albion matches is the mock-assumption that Brighton is full of homosexual men. Some four per cent of Brighton's population is gay. The proportion is about the national average. The ethnic-minority population of places such as Burnley, Blackburn, Manchester, Birmingham, Luton and London is much greater than the national average. Yet Brighton fans don't mock clubs from such places for having relatively large ethnic-minority populations. So why mock Brighton and BHAFC for their "gayness". I don't consider offensive homophobic chants at Albion matches. I consider them absurd for being an inversion of logic.

The most absurd aspect of so-called homophobic chanting at Albion matches is the mock-assumption that Brighton is full of homosexual men. Some four per cent of Brighton's population is gay. The proportion is about the national average. The ethnic-minority population of places such as Burnley, Blackburn, Manchester, Birmingham, Luton and London is much greater than the national average. Yet Brighton fans don't mock clubs from such places for having relatively large ethnic-minority populations. So why mock Brighton and BHAFC for their "gayness". I don't consider offensive homophobic chants at Albion matches. I consider them absurd for being an inversion of logic.

We have that 'rally' called 'Pride'. Remember?

It's so our mincers can show the world how glad they are to take it up the Kemp Town highway.

:lolol:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
You weren't at Luton the season before last then :lolol:

Please don't get me wrong I am not and never will be homophobic, my eldest son's godfather is gay and my cousin who I often go out for a drink with is gay, I do find the gay banter at football funny though, maybe I should not, anyway I wonder how may of the opposing fans doing the gay chants are gay themselves.

What is the attitude to gays in Ireland?.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Racist chanting is also banned, I can't say that there has been much evidence to suggest that that is being stamped out...I mean, what is shouting "sheep-shagger" at fans from Welsh teams other than suggesting that their nationality is accompanied by a wish to mate with sheep...surely that is racist?

No, that is fact.

Hope that helps.

Fork Me

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
We have that 'rally' called 'Pride'. Remember?

It's so our mincers can show the world how glad they are to take it up the Kemp Town highway.

:lolol:

Hate to tell you this but 'Pride' is not even unique to Brighton in the UK, more than a few Cities and Towns have them, last week it was Oldham.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Grizz and Frutos, :clap::clap::clap: Well done for 'coming out', I'm sure it wasn't as easy as you make it sound, a brave decision I salute you.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Yes, and while we're at it;

You straight lads who saw women and wanted some of that, and never looked at some geezer and thought "I wouldn't mind some of HIS hairy arse"

I APPLAUD you lads, it must have been really tough. :clap2::clap:

:laugh:

Not... quite the same thing in an assumed-heterosexual society, but it appears reality and you have long since departed company.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I detest the ghey chanting at football purely because i don't want to be associated with something that is morally wrong.I can 't get any more straighter myself or i'll full over.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I detest the ghey chanting at football purely because i don't want to be associated with something that is morally wrong.I can 't get any more straighter myself or i'll full over.

1947 called, they say Mr Turing is waiting for his treatment...

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Morally wrong ? Oh dear Spence, be very careful here !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here