Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Homophobic Chanting

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Racist chanting is also banned, I can't say that there has been much evidence to suggest that that is being stamped out...I mean, what is shouting "sheep-shagger" at fans from Welsh teams other than suggesting that their nationality is accompanied by a wish to mate with sheep...surely that is racist?

And extremely unfair on the sheep.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
And yet you quite openly ignore a few of your regular "contributors" to this forum who constantly spout rascist shite.

As for the homophobic stuff....just go and have a look in the "gay pride" thread.....you seem quite happy to allow people to engage in homophobic stuff on your forum....i just hate hypocrites :glare:

Now off to sunday school you go sonny :wave:

Talking out your arse again? Where have I ignored racist shite?

AND seeing as you looked at the Gay Pride thread, just read it all the way to the end and you'll see my comments and you'll see the support that Hampshire Dave got for mullering a few twats like yourself. Pity you didn't do that before posting and you wouldn't look like such a fool.

So no, most people on here don't tolerate it. We let nobbers like you post and then soeone like Hampshire Dave comes along and makes you look like the petty little bigots you are.

By the way, can I follow your spurious logic to it's ultimate conclusion. We're 'supposed' to be hypocrites becaue we tolerate homophobia and not racism (although you have told me that I tolerate racism, so I cannot be a hypocrite. More illogicality, methinks) even though you've been proven wrong about the tolerating homophobia and I'm awaiting proof on the racism bit. (Hint - check out my comments on the Bernard Manning thread).

...so you tolerate homophobia. Do you also tolerate racism or are you just a simpering little hypocrite too?

Well here's a quote from the very first post of the "gay pride" thread that is now on page two (can't seem to link to it)

Bloody joke. Nothing to be proud about being abnormal and perverted. Should be called 'Shame' where we stone the buggers as they trudge along our streets with their heads bowed.

God created Adam and Eve. He did not create Adam and Steve

Now i would say that "Happy to allow" and "openly ignore" were both phrases that could be used quite happily here. Would you not class the above quote as "homophobic" ???

The point is that NSC doesn't "happily allow" or "openly ignore" homophobic nonsense. It trashes it.

NSC is the membership, not the team of moderators.

By the way, can I follow your spurious logic to it's ultimate conclusion. We're 'supposed' to be hypocrites becaue we tolerate homophobia and not racism (although you have told me that I tolerate racism, so I cannot be a hypocrite. More illogicality, methinks) even though you've been proven wrong about the tolerating homophobia and I'm awaiting proof on the racism bit. (Hint - check out my comments on the Bernard Manning thread).

...so you tolerate homophobia. Do you also tolerate racism or are you just a simpering little hypocrite too?

Can I just applaud you for great use of the word 'illogicality'. Great stuff.

:clap::clap::bowdown:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
It simply won't work as msot football fans still see these chants as the ultimate insult to a man, not even slagging off his mother comes close.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
As far as I'm concerned everyone is fair game, with the exception of racist chanting, for the only reason that it is usually quite nasty. The homophope stuff is usually more light hearted, and even if I was gay it would be water off a ducks back

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I can see what Jevs is trying to say here. Are you seriously offended by the mild 'abuse' we often get from opposing fans because of Brighton's large gay population? I'm not, I find it quite funny.

Oct 25, 2003
i think the difference would be if there was an openly gay player, who was homophobically abused, then this would be wrong, and the abusers would be banned

chanting shit like "town full of faggots" at a group of people who, presumably, are mostly straight, surely can't be classed as homophobic abuse, unless someone who IS gay reports it........personally i find those kinds of chants pathetic and tedious, but offensive? not really

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
i think the difference would be if there was an openly gay player, who was homophobically abused, then this would be wrong, and the abusers would be banned

chanting shit like "town full of faggots" at a group of people who, presumably, are mostly straight, surely can't be classed as homophobic abuse, unless someone who IS gay reports it........personally i find those kinds of chants pathetic and tedious, but offensive? not really

Thats... not quite the point. The "Town full of Paki's" insult which has been directed at Bradfords mostly-white fanbase is highly racist; similarly "town full of faggots" is highly homophobic, whether or not there actually are pakistanis/homosexuals in the audience at the time.

Oct 25, 2003
Thats... not quite the point. The "Town full of Paki's" insult which has been directed at Bradfords mostly-white fanbase is highly racist; similarly "town full of faggots" is highly homophobic, whether or not there actually are pakistanis/homosexuals in the audience at the time.

it can be seen as offensive yes, but can you homophobically abuse someone who isn't homosexual?

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
So are Brighton fans being racist when they call palace fans "pikeys" as i do believe this is a degorgatory term for traveller or gypsy ?

I'm not having a go at anyone.....all i'm trying to say is that every football club in the world uses some sort of insult towards their local rivals or the team they happen to be playing and the nastier it is, the better.

We won't be able to sing at all at football matches soon.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Quite right.

Those who shout this stuff (and I agree - it's not so much offensive as tedious. Someone please come up with something original) are abusing/bantering/have a pop at a sizeable chunk of the population who aren't actually there to be abused in the first place. Weird.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
What about when they shout

"Your goalkeeper is Gay"

What you gonna do about that......?

Should he change his name by deed poll?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here