Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

home to gillingham

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I reckon this will be a sell out imo!

If so will Gus be up for this game in front of a full house?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Pill, you did remember Scally was Bellotti's pal and Bellotti went to Scally's daughters wedding? It was one maor stitch up to put money into their pockets.

Yes, but I without it, we wouldn't be discussing the Amex, the new seasons fixtures, or Elliot Bennet f***ing off and growing an extra finger. As I said in my comment, he kept dodgy company, he didn't come accross likeable. Much though this all pains me to say it, the fact that he fraternised with Bellotti ironically may have been the reason we actually found somewhere to play, rather than ending up destitute, and out of business.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Anyone know who has TV rights for CC?

There are some tasty looking games available, including ours!

Or don't they bother with the early rounds?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yes, but I without it, we wouldn't be discussing the Amex, the new seasons fixtures, or Elliot Bennet f***ing off and growing an extra finger. As I said in my comment, he kept dodgy company, he didn't come accross likeable. Much though this all pains me to say it, the fact that he fraternised with Bellotti ironically may have been the reason we actually found somewhere to play, rather than ending up destitute, and out of business.

you are not seriously suggesting he did it out of the goodness of his heart are you?

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
If a club wanted to groundshare with us we would expect it to be financially in our intererests and what that money is spent on would be down to the club. I don't particularly like Gillingham as a club or a town but I think its harsh to line them up with Bellotti and Archer as hate figures.

Crawley turned us down and Millwall.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
it was amazing anyone wanted us tearing up their football pitch every other week.

Then again, the shit football we played at Priestfield - especially in that first season - must have left the pitch well fertilised.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Useless FACT:
Nottm Forest REFUSE to recognise the term NOTTS Forest.

Some historical issue apparently...

Simple - Nottingham doesn't have an "S" in it, Nottinghamshire does. City vs County.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I'll be there :)

Good home tie and hopefully we do take it at least semi seriously this year. Play the best youngsters like Dunk and Forster-Caskey, give Noone a chance over one of Lua Lua (hopefully) or Buckley, but not a completely different team.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
you are not seriously suggesting he did it out of the goodness of his heart are you?

Of course not, read my other post, he did it for the money, but at least he did it. The alternative was no more Albion, which would you have prefered? Bearing in mind we had 2 choices, let the Albion DIE, or share with Gillingham.

Comon, I have no love whatsoever for any of these people, or Gillingham as a place, club or ground, but I can accept that without the offer made by Scally, in all likelehood, we would not have an Albion.

Last edited:

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Will most definately go, just an excuse to go to the Amex more!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I wonder why? Could it be that all the riots, matches abandoned etc over the years made the club a bit of a pariah? And Selhurst was out, we had Wimbledon then as "guests".

What "riots"? You absolute Benny. A bunch of organised protests and one abandoned match, do you mean?

That was because we were objecting to the idea of our club being run into the ground by a group of mercenary businessmen. I'd say that's a better solution than sitting there passively enjoying the ride and then bleating about how unfair it all is when you go into administration...twice...and rob everyone else of their monies owed. Wouldn't you think?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Besides Danny....re sharing at Selhurst: we asked around at the time if anyone had an dirty, crumbling old hovel of a ground in an ugly, unpopular town filled with homes that have more white goods in the front garden than in the house. In the end, Gillingham were charging less than Palace for the privilege, so we went there.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Besides Danny....re sharing at Selhurst: we asked around at the time if anyone had an dirty, crumbling old hovel of a ground in an ugly, unpopular town filled with homes that have more white goods in the front garden than in the house. In the end, Gillingham were charging less than Palace for the privilege, so we went there.

Plus there's the small matter of Wimbledon sharing at Selhurst at the time.

Crawley Town - the council said 'no'.
Millwall - the Met said 'no'.
Portsmouth - said 'yes', then Archer said 'no'.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Simple - Nottingham doesn't have an "S" in it, Nottinghamshire does. City vs County.

Quite.

Doesn't stop many misusing it though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here