NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
How very apt

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I hope that prick Paul Scally, chokes on his complimentary pie.

It's a funny one this one.

Detested figure though he is, and rip-off merchant such as he proved to be, if it weren't for Paul Scally, one could make an argument for Brighton & Hove Albion ceasing to exist. True, he is only one cog in the machine, but he offered us a home when few, or maybe even none, wanted us.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Useless FACT:
Nottm Forest REFUSE to recognise the term NOTTS Forest.

Some historical issue apparently...

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
:) At home, thats all I care about

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

Detested figure though he is, and rip-off merchant such as he proved to be, if it weren't for Paul Scally, one could make an argument for Brighton & Hove Albion ceasing to exist. True, he is only one cog in the machine, but he offered us a home when few, or maybe even none, wanted us.

True, but only so it could find their stadium improvement work, not from the goodness of his heart

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Scally didn't OFFER us a home out of some kind hearted gesture. He took the opportunity to rake in a heap of cash, because we were over a barrel and had no other option.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast

I wonder why? Could it be that all the riots, matches abandoned etc over the years made the club a bit of a pariah? And Selhurst was out, we had Wimbledon then as "guests".

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I cant go to this as I'm in China. Gonna try out my psl bit and give the spare to a friend. Still rather be in Falmer then than China.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

I have to agree with that

True, but only so it could find their stadium improvement work, not from the goodness of his heart

Scally didn't OFFER us a home out of some kind hearted gesture. He took the opportunity to rake in a heap of cash, because we were over a barrel and had no other option.

Why would he, or anyone, do it out of the goodness of their heart? Quite apart from the fact we were a laughing stock, with the legacy left behind by Archer & Belloti, it was amazing anyone wanted us tearing up their football pitch every other week. So what if he made money out of it? I'd imagine that every other groundshare that has ever gone on in British football has involved payments being made. Why do people have a problem with the fact that Scally did it? OK, I know he is a slightly annoying person when interviewed, and he possibly keeps dodgy company, but he did offer us the chance to stay in existance.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
sorry I can't see anywhere...what date is it on?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have to agree with that

Why would he, or anyone, do it out of the goodness of their heart? Quite apart from the fact we were a laughing stock, with the legacy left behind by Archer & Belloti, it was amazing anyone wanted us tearing up their football pitch every other week. So what if he made money out of it? I'd imagine that every other groundshare that has ever gone on in British football has involved payments being made. Why do people have a problem with the fact that Scally did it? OK, I know he is a slightly annoying person when interviewed, and he possibly keeps dodgy company, but he did offer us the chance to stay in existance.

Pill, you did remember Scally was Bellotti's pal and Bellotti went to Scally's daughters wedding? It was one maor stitch up to put money into their pockets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here