Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holiday Romance.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Jesus, not another wet wipe opening up. Look mate, if she says "it's too hard for us to meet up when we get home", that translates as, "you were ok when I was on holiday, but I've got a boyfriend at home, so that's it".

Some waiter will be nuts deep in her by now so i'd start getting her out of your mind. Im not too far from Northamptonshire so if you are really desperate give me her number. I'll go round and smash her shitbox in and film it for you to watch if you want.

:lol: - armed forces boys don't mess about with platitudes do they !!! ( Assuming I've got the right posters ).

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Yesterday I arrived back from holiday, and was immediately feeling depressed. Not for being back in England but for knowing that I probably never see this amazing girl ever again. Distance is an issue with her living in Northamptonshire. Its not easy to move on but I ask, do I have to do so or should I try my best to see her again? We've both agreed it'd probably be too hard to meet up in England but I've been trying to convince her to go on holiday to the same place next year where I visit every year.

As you can see from this essay, I'm infatuated with her, but does this have to be the end?

Thousands of fans travel further than that every week watching their teams. If you want to see her or she you, then 200 miles is nothing.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Holiday romances are common, them continuing in real life are rare but obviously happen as some examples are in here.

On holiday life is relaxed, people are looking for a good time. Back home people are different and anyone moving to a new city finds it tough to be away from friends and family.

When I used to work in Cyprus as a barman women would be all over me, and I had my pick of who was waiting for me at the end of the night. Most had boyfriends at home, one was even on her hen do. I met up with some after and it was never the same. Most of them were well out of my league, and just wanted a good time.

My advice is to move on. You are young and pining for someone who you have built up into something she's not. As you are young anyway, this is something you'd experience at home.

One day you'll look back and smile at the time you spent her.

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
Holiday romances are common, them continuing in real life are rare but obviously happen as some examples are in here.

On holiday life is relaxed, people are looking for a good time. Back home people are different and anyone moving to a new city finds it tough to be away from friends and family.

When I used to work in Cyprus as a barman women would be all over me, and I had my pick of who was waiting for me at the end of the night. Most had boyfriends at home, one was even on her hen do. I met up with some after and it was never the same. Most of them were well out of my league, and just wanted a good time.

My advice is to move on. You are young and pining for someone who you have built up into something she's not. As you are young anyway, this is something you'd experience at home.

One day you'll look back and smile at the time you spent her.

Cyprus seems to be the place. However of there's a good chance she'll go back on holiday there (at the same time) should I just leave it at that and then go through the holiday romance thing all over again?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Cyprus seems to be the place. However of there's a good chance she'll go back on holiday there (at the same time) should I just leave it at that and then go through the holiday romance thing all over again?

Leave it at that & get outdoors it's a sunny bank holiday weekend (for now) i'd be down the beach drinking by now if i was younger and not married..

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Its f***ing hard, I'm getting too sensitive about the whole thing but I can't help it.

You've got absolutely nothing to lose by inviting her down for the weekend some time in the near future - if she declines then it may help you to move on (however painful it may feel at the time) as the message will be loud and clear. But what have you lost in asking ?

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
Ex in my case, but you're right, ha ha! You know where sympathy is in the dictionary? Between shit & syphilis.

Haha tough love and all that, it's just foreign to me because in the past I've gone back home and that had been that. But for some reason this girl is different and I don't know how to handle it.

I went on holiday to magaluf in 2004 with the lads, met this bird from Basingstoke in the hotel. Cracker, decided to try and make it work, 8 years laters she's asleep next to me right now with a ring on her finger and two kids playing downstairs! It can work :)

...Whilst you post on NSC - you old romantic you!

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010

YOU need to at least lighten up about this. Neither of you are going to be heading back to resume the same relationship! It will not happen mate, she isn't going to be mooning over you for a year even if she was fond on your holiday.
Any over-heated contact will start making her skin crawl if you aren't careful, so if you ever get in any sort of touch, make it a mature message to just share a photo and a laugh. You actually do stand a chance of getting her curiosity if you aren't puppy-dog panting, a little slow to respond to anything from her, and not the predictable hearts-and-flowers helpless heart. That will get a stern attitude unless she shares that feeling. You cannot provoke something that's not there, and the 'special romances' are never started by throwing all your cards on the table.
If you facebook for the fun of it, don't only talk to the one girl in soppy stuff - you are not 'dying here' miss you soooo much'.
As men we can handle a girl going ott about us if we like them, but girls can't in the same way - it messes their minds unless you are in a full relationship and it's mutual.
Someone will say I don't know squat about romance or something, but the fellow has to look like the pillar of strength and tough enough to handle most things in life.

Just don't become a sop

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Different generation. If I opened up like this back in the day I'd have been tarred & feathered!
if we got a "Dear John", (basically a "f*** off pill" in the post) we'd have to pin it on the notice board for everyone to read.
Like I say, different world now; you probably don't even realise that there are guys reading this laughing their cock off. Mind you, you will get some sympathy from several as well, no bad thing.
Very entertaining thread though, & Junior's remark was excellent value.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So you've her number - simply ask if she fancies a weekend away or would prefer to keep her holiday fling memories. Easy for her to let you down if she isn't interested/has a boyfriend. Chances are it wouldn't be the same back home and it wouldn't come to anything, but you never know, she could be right for you so worth another weekend.

pintsawhiskey

Apr 17, 2010
bn1
I'm sure this has happened to many people. Probably best to try and move on, meet someone else, try and be less emotional about the whole thing. I'm sure it was horrible for you.

I met this girl 12 years ago in Cyprus was 18 Bang in turtle, saw her once when got back, she found me on facebook 6 months ago, we meet once a fortnight she's from Manchester so half way, or I go up there and she comes down here, distance is a problem but she's on about moving down, funny old life. Shes got fake tits now too added bonus

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009

You haven't given any details of how it ended and it's difficult to give advise mate. I wouldn't book a holiday at the same time, who knows what could happen in the time until then?

It's all seems a bit too all consuming in your life and mind at the minute, which is dangerous. You are mentally building her up to be this perfect woman, but she will have her faults. Have you twisted the facts at all? The last goodbye was she devastated or was it just you? Is she texting you or are you the only one?

To be honest mate I don't see this ending well and you got a few choices. Make contact and suggest meeting up to see if the spark is still there (which a few things will happen - you'll both be up for it - winner. You both realise it was just a holiday thing and move on - winner. You'll realise she is not all that and move on - winner! You'll be keen and she won't - gutted!) or to to move on and keep the memories.

In life regret the things you do, not the things you are scared to do.

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
You haven't given any details of how it ended and it's difficult to give advise mate. I wouldn't book a holiday at the same time, who knows what could happen in the time until then?

It's all seems a bit too all consuming in your life and mind at the minute, which is dangerous. You are mentally building her up to be this perfect woman, but she will have her faults. Have you twisted the facts at all? The last goodbye was she devastated or was it just you? Is she texting you or are you the only one?

To be honest mate I don't see this ending well and you got a few choices. Make contact and suggest meeting up to see if the spark is still there (which a few things will happen - you'll both be up for it - winner. You both realise it was just a holiday thing and move on - winner. You'll realise she is not all that and move on - winner! You'll be keen and she won't - gutted!) or to to move on and keep the memories.

In life regret the things you do, not the things you are scared to do.

Basically I she made a thing of giving me her number, taking my phone and then sent a text to herself from me saying "I love you ----" we're talking on Facebook but it ended with us being intimate in a pool yesterday and I lost track of time and my mum came to find me because we were late for the taxi so didn't really get a proper goodbye which probably didn't help me. I'm going the same place again anyway because we have a timeshare there. It didn't help that my mum was fuming with me for the goodbye and I just smiled back at the girl and waved goodbye. To some extent probably feel like I didnt want that to be the end of it as it wasn't as idealic as I would have wanted it to be for never seeing her again. Being soppy here so Im not when I talk to her.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Basically I she made a thing of giving me her number, taking my phone and then sent a text to herself from me saying "I love you ----" we're talking on Facebook but it ended with us being intimate in a pool yesterday and I lost track of time and my mum came to find me because we were late for the taxi so didn't really get a proper goodbye which probably didn't help me. I'm going the same place again anyway because we have a timeshare there. It didn't help that my mum was fuming with me for the goodbye and I just smiled back at the girl and waved goodbye. To some extent probably feel like I didnt want that to be the end of it as it wasn't as idealic as I would have wanted it to be for never seeing her again. Being soppy here so Im not when I talk to her.

Play it cool and be natural. Keep the contact up and if you want to start 'the' conversation, do it by saying how much you enjoyed Cyprus and that you wish you were back. She'll probably say the same.

You are right, the way it ended was not ideal and probably causing your over-active thought process.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
This is the thread that just keeps on giving, I f***ing love NSC when this sort of thing pops up.
I absolutley guarantee that someone, (most probably Junior) will ask for pics of your Mum.
This is just top quality stuff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here