Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holiday Romance.

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
To be honest this Is my take on It. When I was about 16/17 or so I went on holiday and literally got besotted with some girl. Well spent the best part of 2 weeks together. At the time I really didn't know what "Love" was but after the 2 weeks was up we had to go our separate ways. I was devastated If I'm honest. For about 2 months I wouldn't eat or anything. No leaving the house. You get my drift. I was literally "Love" sick. Mum had to take me to counselling and the rest of It. In the end I guess I couldn't accept moving on but I managed In the end. I suppose the moral Is. Don't allow yourself to get committed or It will screw with your emotions. I kinda learn't the hard way. To be honest. The heartache Isn't work It In the end. These days I take holidays and that as a pinch of salt. A bit of fun so to speak. Not to burst your bubble but best you focus on other things you enjoy and don't let this consume you.

TTAP

I'm sure this has happened to many people. Probably best to try and move on, meet someone else, try and be less emotional about the whole thing. I'm sure it was horrible for you.

Tux the albion Penguin

Resident Linux User
Sep 2, 2011
STADIO DE LA AMEX
I'm sure this has happened to many people. Probably best to try and move on, meet someone else, try and be less emotional about the whole thing. I'm sure it was horrible for you.

Sure, In the end I had to.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
man up?

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
A woman will always let you know if she's interested in furthering a fling.
If she doesn't, then you really don't want to be a lamprey.
A holiday romance is proof to you that there are random women out there you could meet st any time and get something going.
Until a girl works hard to maintain a relationship, make every romance like a holiday one.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
As has been said already: the distance thing is a gentle let down instead of her being brutally honest with you and saying that she has a man back home or isn't attracted enough to you as anything more than just a casual holiday fling.

Best chance you have of getting any sort of interest from her when she gets back is to be a bit aloof about the whole thing. Do NOT in any circumstance send her a heart felt email, text or Facebook message telling her how amazing she is and how much you miss her - which I'd guess that you're probably feeling like doing right now. If she's a half decent bird then she probably gets sent shit like this all the time anyway. You need to make yourself appear unattainable to her. The fact that she had you, and now can't seem to have you if she wanted will give her a sense of intrigue about you and may make her fanny tingle.

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
A woman will always let you know if she's interested in furthering a fling.
If she doesn't, then you really don't want to be a lamprey.
A holiday romance is proof to you that there are random women out there you could meet st any time and get something going.
Until a girl works hard to maintain a relationship, make every romance like a holiday one.

And when she gets back, she might just be checking her phone waiting for you to make the first move - thoughts of a girlie btw

Ps don't wade in really heavy, be cool and relaxed

Last edited:

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
And when she gets back, she might just be checking her phone waiting for you to make the first move - thoughts of a girlie btw

Ps don't wade in really heavy, be cool and relaxed

already have done a little bit but I recovered it. From a girl's perspective, if you thought you could never have someone, would that make you want them more or less?

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I went on holiday to magaluf in 2004 with the lads, met this bird from Basingstoke in the hotel. Cracker, decided to try and make it work, 8 years laters she's asleep next to me right now with a ring on her finger and two kids playing downstairs! It can work :)

Tux the albion Penguin

Resident Linux User
Sep 2, 2011
STADIO DE LA AMEX
already have done a little bit but I recovered it. From a girl's perspective, if you thought you could never have someone, would that make you want them more or less?

I'd go with more. It's a challenge.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Jesus, not another wet wipe opening up. Look mate, if she says "it's too hard for us to meet up when we get home", that translates as, "you were ok when I was on holiday, but I've got a boyfriend at home, so that's it".

That's probably the truth.

This has happened to many of us.

Why on earth would she want to stay with her whippet racing neanderthal, compared to a cool Southerner?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I went on holiday to magaluf in 2004 with the lads, met this bird from Basingstoke in the hotel. Cracker, decided to try and make it work, 8 years laters she's asleep next to me right now with a ring on her finger and two kids playing downstairs! It can work :)

Genuinely, that's a great ending.

Did you manage to get her to the moving, to the obviously better county of Sussex?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here