Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Holiday plans this summer?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In anticipation of this, earlier this week I booked Easyjet flights and independently a hotel for The Dolomites in August.

The hotel have emailed me their Covid safety measures, including the things we must do in certain scenarios, all very doable.

Very much looking forward to the break.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
In anticipation of this, earlier this week I booked Easyjet flights and independently a hotel for The Dolomites in August.

The hotel have emailed me their Covid safety measures, including the things we must do in certain scenarios, all very doable.

Very much looking forward to the break.

The Interest is high, people want to go away.

If your going to have forms of lockdown - do it by a pool

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Looks like anyone who booked last week or so could have grabbed a bargain, got a 5* all inclusive week holiday in Ibiza in late August for 570PP with BA, prices rocketed last few days or so. Could be the perfect time to go there as well, much less clubbers.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Looks like anyone who booked last week or so could have grabbed a bargain, got a 5* all inclusive week holiday in Ibiza in late August for 570PP with BA, prices rocketed last few days or so. Could be the perfect time to go there as well, much less clubbers.

Booked Lanzarote last Friday for two weeks going July/August for two, just shy of £2k for all inclusive which was cheap in my view.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
aa45191092df82e4a689ab9679e70975.jpg

Strange..

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Damn, anyone on the ground in or around Andalucia verify the Sun (I know, I know) newspapers story about people being turned away.
We have flights booked for Seville and have booked airb&b in Andalucia near Cadiz, Sanlucar de Barremeda, I might not bother if this is true, if we can't drive up and down the coast there visiting the lovely beaches.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12040537/spain-beaches-close-brit-tourists-costa-del-sol/

Any info anyone ?

Cadiz@Seagull ?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
the holiday i booked over a week ago is now £165 pp more expensive.

Still lots of bargains but would advise anyone debating it , just get it booked as prices are heading north daily

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
the holiday i booked over a week ago is now £165 pp more expensive.

Still lots of bargains but would advise anyone debating it , just get it booked as prices are heading north daily

TUI particularly have rocketed their prices for July and August, I booked with BA and got a real bargain last Sunday. Wouldn’t advise booking with TUI as I believe they have fixed prices on a lot of holidays in order to compensate for the 20% booking incentive they gave people for not getting refunds. Some deals still to be had on BA holidays and some locations in August with Easy Jet.

BA I’ve found very good, went on live chat and got a refund within 3 days and you don’t have to pay the full i holiday price until 3 weeks before your departure date.

The Lego Stand

Jul 5, 2020
Does anyone know why there are so few flights available to Spain at the moment? I thought as soon as quarantine was lifted they would be plentiful.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
TUI particularly have rocketed their prices for July and August, I booked with BA and got a real bargain last Sunday. Wouldn’t advise booking with TUI as I believe they have fixed prices on a lot of holidays in order to compensate for the 20% booking incentive they gave people for not getting refunds. Some deals still to be had on BA holidays and some locations in August with Easy Jet.

BA I’ve found very good, went on live chat and got a refund within 3 days and you don’t have to pay the full i holiday price until 3 weeks before your departure date.

TUI holiday I booked on the 26th June has gone up £450 if booking now

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Tunnel was fine this morning.

French motorway services and supermarket were a mix of some people wearing masks but most not. Very few measures like signage for social distancing etc. Nothing at all in the supermarket.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Very unimpressed with spanish authorities, they are bringing in mandatory mask wearing in ANY public area in the Balearics starting Monday, you will be allowed to drink and eat in bars/restaurants though taking your mask off to drink or eat, but walking in any public area(not just places where you can’t maintain distance) you must wear a mask at all times or risk a €100 fine. I like my holiday walks and I can’t imagine walking along a nice seafront in 30/35c summer heat wearing a mask, seems totally farcical to me given the evidence that the spread outdoors is so negligible. Totally draconian and will put people off.

I’m due to go at the end of August so it could change by then but I will be cancelling if these rules are still in place.

https://english.elpais.com/society/...ry-in-all-public-spaces-except-the-beach.html

Off to the Netherlands for a few days a week on Sunday. 3 nights Utrecht - as never been but heard it is really nice, with a couple of nights in Amsterdam after. Should be a nice change of scenery, but easy short flights. They've had bars and restaurants open for a bit so should have it all worked out well by now. Bonus in avoiding Fri/Sat night means we should be able to stroll in to many places.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Very unimpressed with spanish authorities, they are bringing in mandatory mask wearing in ANY public area in the Balearics starting Monday, you will be allowed to drink and eat in bars/restaurants though taking your mask off to drink or eat, but walking in any public area(not just places where you can’t maintain distance) you must wear a mask at all times or risk a €100 fine. I like my holiday walks and I can’t imagine walking along a nice seafront in 30/35c summer heat wearing a mask, seems totally farcical to me given the evidence that the spread outdoors is so negligible. Totally draconian and will put people off.

I’m due to go at the end of August so it could change by then but I will be cancelling if these rules are still in place.

https://english.elpais.com/society/...ry-in-all-public-spaces-except-the-beach.html

It's 32 here at the moment and wearing a mask is no big deal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here