Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Holiday plans this summer?

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
f8161c9b019dc37ebe5ca72587c08855.jpg

Reported today..

I will welcome any advice from those of you who have "done" the Caledonian Canal cruise (the one where you drive your own boat). As an alternative to our now aborted plans to "do" Italy how would this suit Mr. & Mrs. P and the Potting daughters (17 and 18) for whom a good 3g signal will be an important factor :)

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I will welcome any advice from those of you who have "done" the Caledonian Canal cruise (the one where you drive your own boat). As an alternative to our now aborted plans to "do" Italy how would this suit Mr. & Mrs. P and the Potting daughters (17 and 18) for whom a good 3g signal will be an important factor :)

Yep that’s me, hired fro Caley Cruisers via Hoseasons and went to Fort William and back, happy to help

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Got flights booked for trip to Spain in mid-August. Staying at a relative's place out there so no hotels or resorts to worry about (or costs/cancellations) so if the flight isn't cancelled we'll probably still go. Mask up on the plane and in the airport, hand wipes etc. The family will be bored out of our minds at home by then!

Marty___Mcfly

Sep 14, 2011
Today’s infographic update-

Green means- GO!

Amber means- GO?

Red means- DON’T GO!

(From Mon 6 July)

21117b0c2e1d0436b36670fbc7622d3f.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Marty___Mcfly

Sep 14, 2011
Much as I hate to question an infographic- it’s all speculation at this point. Gov have announced that they will make an announcement on Wednesday.

BBC reported today that Portugal and Sweden will be RED, but others saying travel to Portugal will be OKed. Wait and see on Wednesday if they announce something official then.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I hope the events in Bournemouth doesn’t have any negative impact on [MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION] staycation recruitment drive?

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Going nowhere.
We were due to go to Devon and Cornwall in early June, but as we live 100 yards from the sea we shall be staying at home.
Will go out for a few day trips and that will be that. Nothing else planned except for a few pre Christmas days away in B'muff and we'll only go if the hotel isn't still having to operate along the present guidelines. I just don't fancy paying dosh for something like that.

Marty___Mcfly

Sep 14, 2011
Based on the announcement that there will be an announcement on Wednesday that the FCO guidance / quarantine will change next Monday- have booked the eurotunnel for the Monday morning then driving down to a friend’s house in the south of France.

Eurotunnel haven’t jacked their prices up (yet)- £108 to take the car through.

Hopefully Boris doesn’t change his mind between now and then, but looks like I will have to wait until Wednesday to find out!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Based on the announcement that there will be an announcement on Wednesday that the FCO guidance / quarantine will change next Monday- have booked the eurotunnel for the Monday morning then driving down to a friend’s house in the south of France.

Eurotunnel haven’t jacked their prices up (yet)- £108 to take the car through.

Hopefully Boris doesn’t change his mind between now and then, but looks like I will have to wait until Wednesday to find out!

In the same boat, as planned holiday cancelled have rolled that over to next year and on Friday booked two weeks in Lanzarote going late July and heavily discounted as well, hopefully policy will not change..........

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
No Canada on the list :cry:

Maybe it's because we share a border with the world's biggest s**tshow.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Yes. Taiwan on list, just need them to open their borders and scrap 14 day quarantine on arrival.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here