Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hogan - A tragic case

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Uncle Spielberg said:
What a tragic case , Hogan the man who threw himself off the balcony with his 2 kids. Seeing him at the court room you would have to be a calous bastard not to feel for the bloke. I know most people will be in the " string him up from the highest tree " brigade but the bloke is in a personal hell and being punished by himself far more than any court or jail sentence ever could do. He would plead to the death penalty if he could get it and when he is released its odds on him killing himself anyway.

God only knows what was going through the blokes head to make him do it and its a terrible terrible thing to do but he was mentally sick , 2 of his brothers have died and the whole case is just tragic and very sad.

Any other people feel sorry for the guy are or you all of the , he is evil, hang him and show him no mercy camp ???

I feel sorry for him but I'm probably in the minority.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Uncle Spielberg said:

This thread shows still in the 21st century how little people understand or want to understand serious mental illness, we have not moved on from the Victorian ages.

Society has. Joe Public has and always will be fairly simple.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Uncle Spielberg said:
" But at the end of the day, whatever his problems he still murdered his son and is full of remorse because he failed to kill himself. "

This thread shows still in the 21st century how little people understand or want to understand serious mental illness, we have not moved on from the Victorian ages.

Well seeing as I live with someone that has worked for the Brighton mental health authority for the last 15 years I probably know a little more about it than your good self U.S.
As I have said before I am well aware of mental health issues and his form of mental illness is one which should have been dealt with years ago and not when a tragedy like this has occured. Of course he is sorry, so are most people when they do something that is wrong. The thing he did wrong was failing to kill himself at the same time as he killed his son and attempted to kill his daughter.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Spielberg, don't waste your time mate. People don't want to hear it, it's too much for them to take on board.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
B.M.F said:
Well seeing as I live with someone that has worked for the Brighton mental health authority for the last 15 years I probably know a little more about it than your good self U.S.
As I have said before I am well aware of mental health issues and his form of mental illness is one which should have been dealt with years ago and not when a tragedy like this has occured. Of course he is sorry, so are most people when they do something that is wrong. The thing he did wrong was failing to kill himself at the same time as he killed his son and attempted to kill his daughter.

Ooh, can we put that on our CV? I live with a surgeon therefore I know quite a bit about surgery? What kind of playground logic are you babbling on about?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Personally I think enough has been said on this tragedy - we all have our own views and some may know more than others.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Re: Re: Hogan - A tragic case

the full harris said:

You are with me. Let the fucker die a painful death it's what he deserves.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The comparison with Huntley, killed 2 children, denied it, tried to deceive the police for months with his girlfriend, disposed of the bodies, pleaded not guilty and this case is frankly laughable. I have my views and have made them clear , I feel sad some people cannot distinguish serious mental illness with evil and that they tar every murder with the same simplistic brush and god help them if they ever had a massive mental breakdown. End

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
Re: Re: Hogan - A tragic case

the full harris said:

I have sympathy for him and his family. Perhaps he could not face the thought of his children growing up with the same anguish and torture he appears to have been living with in his head? None of us will know what really happened, but he is certainly a broken man with no future. There is no way on earth to punish him further than he has already punished himself. Its just very, very sad.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Uncle Spielberg said:
The comparison with Huntley, killed 2 children, denied it, tried to deceive the police for months with his girlfriend, disposed of the bodies, pleaded not guilty and this case is frankly laughable. I have my views and have made them clear , I feel sad some people cannot distinguish serious mental illness with evil and that they tar every murder with the same simplistic brush and god help them if they ever had a massive mental breakdown. End

Don't ever read the Sun, you'll be spitting blood by the 5th page!

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Uncle Spielberg said:

I agree with this case not being anything like Huntley and other muderous scum and kiddy fiddlers etc who deserve to get a lot more than they actually do due to the load of tosh we have as a judical service. Whether or not Hogan would have tried to hide what he did if he was capable of getting up etc we will never know. The person's I blame more for this tragic event are his wife and family who must have seen something le this happening and the authorities that again must have been aware of the problems within his family and the fact that he was clinically depressed.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
" Its just very, very sad. "

That sums it up pretty well.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
B.M.F said:
The person's I blame more for this tragic event are his wife and family who must have seen something le this happening and the authorities that again must have been aware of the problems within his family and the fact that he was clinically depressed.

Oh for goodness sake.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
the full harris said:
Oh for goodness sake.

Would you like to enlighten me with your words of wisdom on your reply then TFH?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
It's all very well having sympathy with the bloke for killing his son. But is that much compensation for his daughter who has to go through life being f***ed up by the thought that her dad killed her brother & tried to kill her too. He did'nt just kill his son he killed his daughters life too.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
the full harris said:
Ooh, can we put that on our CV? I live with a surgeon therefore I know quite a bit about surgery? What kind of playground logic are you babbling on about?

No, but you can put down that I have studied Psychology to a high standard and all I hear all day every day is about cases of mental health and the effects that they have on other people around those suffering.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
B.M.F said:
No, but you can put down that I have studied Psychology to a high standard and all I hear all day every day is about cases of mental health and the effects that they have on other people around those suffering.

Well then I'm very surprised at your views.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
the full harris said:
The idea that you blame the man's family leaves me speechless.

Read it again then TFH. I said the family and the local authorities. FFS. If your mum or dad or whoever was going down hill due to mental health would you not realise? If your family had a history of mental illness would the authorites not keep a closer eye on you? I think you will find the answer in both cases is yes or at least they have noticed but have neglected to act on it. That is where the problems arise from. It is the same with the majority of kiddy fiddling that goes on. Most of the time Kiddy fiddlers used to suffer the same thing as kids and thus see it as the norm. The number of families that have 3rd or 4th generation fiddlers in the family is astonishing. Yes, in my book it is worse than what has happened in this case but when you are aware of a problem you should hold your hands up and admit you could have done more to stop it.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
the full harris said:
Well then I'm very surprised at your views.

Which views exactly are you surprised with then because I have never blamed him solely for what has happened and the only view that I strongly have in this case is that he is only showing remorse because he failed to kill himself at the same time which is nothing unusual in any suicide case files that have ever been realeased or studied.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here