Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hogan - A tragic case

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Beach Hut said:
Maybe, maybe not but you cannot judge anyone without knowing the full case history.

Going back to the original issue about this father he has clearly had a trouble life so perhaps we should wait till all the facts come out prior to making a judgement.

I don't care about the facts mate.The bottom line is that he took a life and nearly another.For that i hope he suffers untill his final breath

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
algie said:
I don't care about the facts mate.The bottom line is that he took a life and nearly another.For that i hope he suffers untill his final breath

So you make a choice to ignor perhaps his upbringing and why both his brothers committed suicide ?

Shame on you, would hate you to be on the jury if I was in court.

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Beach Hut said:
So you make a choice to ignor perhaps his upbringing and why both his brothers committed suicide ?

It's you who should be ashamed you idiot.Did you see the clips on the news about the funeral?Perhaps you should meet the mother.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
algie said:
It's you who should be ashamed you idiot.Did you see the clips on the news about the funeral?Perhaps you should meet the mother.

Don't abuse me we just have a difference of opinion.

I stand by compassion

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Beach Hut said:
Don't abuse me we just have a difference of opinion.

I stand by compassion

Well don't abuse me then.How the hell you come to that conclusion is beyond me.You have honestly shocked me and annoyed me by your comments.

Last edited:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Beach Hut said:

Since when did two wrongs make a right?

Listen. HE KILLED A YOUNG BOY. Even worse HE KILLED HIS SON. HE MURDERED HIM.

How the f*** can you have an ounce of pity for him?

THat **** Huntley. How can you even attempt to defend what he done? If he has mental issues, I got an idea. Lets send him to see some do gooder prick of a shrink, make him all better, and then send him around to look after your, or a close friend/family members little girls.

Don't talk so much f***ing shit you idiot.

Maybe they were killed for different reasons, but never try and justify the actions of a child killer.:nono:

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
This "political correctness" argument does my head in.

This is obviously a very, very tragic case.

If you think that peoples well meaning and thoughtful sentiments on here are "political correctness" (and a shift to "the left" if you like) then you are mistaken.

I think it show a sense of humanity rather than a political viewpoint.

There wasn't a move to string Mary Bell? up at the time, rather the opposite.

The father quite obviously expressed a view to die after what he had done.

Tragic, what more can you say.

All part of the sometimes very tragic human condition.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sorry, but I find it impossible to find compassion for a man who chose to jump off a balcony with both his children under his arms. I don't care WHAT he's been through in his past, what traumas he may have suffered, what state of mind he was in at the time. There is not a fact or a circumstance in this world that could ever come CLOSE to justifying the course of action he decided on in that very moment.

Remorse from him is the very least that could be expected. He is scum.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
He deserves everything he's going to get. He purposely set out to kill his children, it wasn't an act of stupidity or neglect, it was designed to finish them all off there and then. There are no excuses for that. If he felt he had to kill himself then that is sad, but why take two young lives with him?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
The wife of a man who fell from a hotel balcony in Greece with his two children has said he was a "caring father".

Natasha Hogan, 34, a nurse at the Royal Gwent in Newport, said his actions were "completely out of character".
Why is the wife defending him ???

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Mr Burns said:
THat **** Huntley. How can you even attempt to defend what he done?

I have made no attempt to defend Huntley at all.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
algie said:
The bottom line is that he took a life and nearly another.For that i hope he suffers untill his final breath

He'll be doing that in any case, no matter what sentence the court imposes. The bloke's in a living nightmare.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Beach Hut said:
A little compassion is required here as this man is going through a living hell.

So are lots of people.

I feel sorry for him in so much as he was so tormented and desperate that jumping from a balcony with his children in his arms and hoping to kill them both became rational.

I'm don't really care about his childhood or his past, we all have crosses to bear and not all of us decide to kill our children.

What a cowardly thing to do though, jumping with your two babies in your arms and hoping all three of you die. That is twisted.

He killed his son, tried to kill his daughter. I don't know how anyone can try to justify that. There is obviously something not right with him for the thought of jumping with his children in his arms to even enter his mind. That doesn't justify or excuse his actions though. That poor boy, on the edge of the balcony, old enough to know what his father was about to do. Ugh.

The tragedy is for the children's mother who has to pick up the pieces for the little girl. How do you tell your child that daddy killed your brother and tried to kill you?

That poor woman and little girl.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
He'll be dead before Christmas, he's a shell now, I doubt if he really cares whether people feel sorry for him or not.

Obvious familial mental instability, perhaps in the ideal world of some we could root out all those who exhibit signs of mental weakness or variance and have them exterminated....

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Easy 10 said:
Sorry, but I find it impossible to find compassion for a man who chose to jump off a balcony with both his children under his arms. I don't care WHAT he's been through in his past, what traumas he may have suffered, what state of mind he was in at the time. There is not a fact or a circumstance in this world that could ever come CLOSE to justifying the course of action he decided on in that very moment.

Remorse from him is the very least that could be expected. He is scum.
Is he? You know him do you?

He'll go to prison and it plainly obvious that he is full of remorse for what he's done. Plainly it was an awful thing to do, but surely you've got to ask yourself what makes a normally sane, compassionate loving father do something like that rather than just write him off as nothing other than evil personified.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The bloke says he was drunk at the time and doesn't remember what happened. Sorry but as he was looking after his kids at the time what the hell was he doing getting into his alleged state ? A couple of weeks ago we had a heated debate about the drug addict who fed her kid heroin and not many were sympathetic to her.

Well this time I'm really not sympathetic to him. The druggie's kid is alive, his isn't.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Simster said:
Is he? You know him do you?

He'll go to prison and it plainly obvious that he is full of remorse for what he's done. Plainly it was an awful thing to do, but surely you've got to ask yourself what makes a normally sane, compassionate loving father do something like that rather than just write him off as nothing other than evil personified.
I can ask myself "what makes a normally sane, compassionate loving father do something like that" till the cows come home, but it doesn't change the stark facts that what he did was an act of unspeakable evil. "Normally sane" or not, anyone who is capable of such a heinous crime is clearly a highly unstable ticking timebomb who needs to be seperated from the rest of society, as there is something within that fella that is a long, LONG way from being "normal".

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
hitony said:
The whole thing is very tragic, just another of those things you thank god has not happened to you (yet!!)

That is nail on the head.

Why are we arguing about it amoungst ourselves,while not being grateful that something like this has happened to us?It may have been an awful thing to do,but I don't think we generally have an opinion in this,unless we were on the jury.His wife forgave him,she lost her healthy son through no fault of her own,and thats all that really matters in the end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here