Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hillsborough Petition

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Some wonderful responses on here, it was only a request to sign a petition to get the government to release files that they are withholding. Simple signed or no I won't sign was all that was needed. Some people need to take a look at themselves

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
prop110820042liverpoola.jpg

also all the people that blame the fans have a read of this site, its a hard read but an eye opener

The Immediate Aftermath - Hillsborough Football Disaster

Seagull Stew

Obviously there's some personal vendettas between some posters on here for whatever reason, but putting all that aside, thanks to the original poster for the link. Duly signed!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
The current government want to cover up what Thatcher said at the time.

OK so reading a bit about thatcher she was as clueless as they come about football, asking if games could be played behind closed doors as standard.

If she did say this, and imo she probably did then so what? What would they be prosecuted with?

This looks like a leftwing witch hunt and scousers wallowing in it.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
You are embarrassing yourself now. To bring the incidents you mentioned into your argument is ridiculous and you know it. Hillsborough is still current and we live in an age where things no longer get, or are allowed to be covered up. It isn't 'hand wringing' as you put it. As I've said before, your hatred of Scousers clouds your judgement so to me your opinions on Hillsborough have no value. It's no business of yours but yes, I have lived on Merseyside, I know Scousers and also know that they aren't all as you would have us believe. Many are but most are not.

Thankfully, you know nothing about me or my life, which is very good thanks, and far from being sad with little or no failings. Where have I blamed anybody for 'my failings' that you are convinced I have? You clearly are a bitter, lonely little man who I am grateful for not knowing in real life.

Who's being ridiculous, were you working in Liverpool the week it happened ? I was and I base my views of what I was told BY PEOPLE WHO WERE THERE. Still, as you know it all anyway can I suggest you get a job in the circus they can always use another clown.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Nice to see Maggie getting the blame agaın as usual.

I suspect the potential hıdden agenda is wanting compensation just like the claims submitted by those that saw what happened wanting a trauma payment that was thrown out of court at the time.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Nice to see Maggie getting the blame agaın as usual.

I suspect the potential hıdden agenda is wanting compensation just like the claims submitted by those that saw what happened wanting a trauma payment that was thrown out of court at the time.

Agreed

Why would the Gov release the papers to endulge a petty pointless leftwing smear campaign against a widely admired former PM?

Tragic that 96 people died and are now being used for a cheap political stunt and by money grubbing compensation lawyers.

Fawkesy

Apr 11, 2009
over 100,000 people have now signed the petition.

this triggers debate between Commons

Good to see support from the likes of Joey Barton, Piers Morgan, Alan Sugar, Stan Collymore on twitter!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Good to see support from the likes of Joey Barton, Piers Morgan, Alan Sugar, Stan Collymore on twitter!

Don't think it triggers debate in the Commons, it brings it to the attention of those who may decide to debate it. (I beleive this is the case, not stating it as fact)

If it is debated, what do the various factions on here think the possible outcome will be?

Fawkesy

Apr 11, 2009
Don't think it triggers debate in the Commons, it brings it to the attention of those who may decide to debate it. (I beleive this is the case, not stating it as fact)

If it is debated, what do the various factions on here think the possible outcome will be?

im not sure what the specifics would be but Justice would be nice.

At least the families/friends would then have some closure

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom

and yours truly of course :)

What if the debate was to find The disaster was was caused by Ticketless fans causing the crush outside?

What Justice would this bring, what closure is there then.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

I agree with that wholeheartedly, but how would justice be seen to be done? What would it take to end the campaign?

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Signed and supported (as I have always done) ... and before anyone asks ... I was in Sheffield at the time! The police were chiefly culpable for the deaths of 96 football fans - guys and kids just like us, except they happened to support a different team! To date NO single police officer has ever been brought to justice over this tragedy.

Fawkesy

Apr 11, 2009
I agree with that wholeheartedly, but how would justice be seen to be done? What would it take to end the campaign?

think that is something only the victims can answer.

an apology from those in question would be a start...

Fawkesy

Apr 11, 2009
Signed and supported (as I have always done) ... and before anyone asks ... I was in Sheffield at the time! The police were chiefly culpable for the deaths of 96 football fans - guys and kids just like us, except they happened to support a different team! To date NO single police officer has ever been brought to justice over this tragedy.

Fact!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here