Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II Passes Away - 08/09/2022

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
Just watched 5 mins of this farce and serious question: How did the royal family members earn their medals ? They had loads !!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Can they banned from the thread?

It’s often useful to remember the “NSC as a pub” analogy.

In any large local at the moment The Queen will inevitably be part of conversations. More than likely a table of people who aren’t royalists will be speculating about the coffin contents, stating they’re bored of it or saying why they’re against the monarchy. Other tables will be sombrely reflecting or saying how marvellous the queue is.

The barman’s job is to pour them drinks and the bouncer’s to chuck them out if they smash the place up or kick the shit out of each other. It’s not to judge the merits of their conversation or stop them having it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018

In any large local at the moment The Queen will inevitably be part of conversations. More than likely a table of people who aren’t royalists will be speculating about the coffin contents, stating they’re bored of it or saying why they’re against the monarchy. Other tables will be sombrely reflecting or saying how marvellous the queue is.

The barman’s job is to pour them drinks and the bouncer’s to chuck them out if they smash the place up or kick the shit out of each other. It’s not to judge the merits of their conversation or stop them having it.

OK, if that's the way it is ... it's not a pub I would go into!

I just find it frustrating that as usual it's the minority that SHOUT the loudest with their angry/toxic views about everything! It's a constant ... and I find it boring!

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
Google will give you the answers you seek ... they did serve in the military you know!

What are they and why were they conferred?
bob holmes, axbridge england
They include: Lady of the Order of the Thistle
Knight of the Most Noble Order of the Garter
Fellow of the Royal Society
Dame Grand Cross Royal Victorian Order
Peter Brooke, Kinmuck Scotland
The medals include the Coronation Medal (1953), Silver Jubilee Medal (1977), Queen's Service Order (New Zealand).

And well deserved :facepalm:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Although Bozza/you guys do behind the scenes quietly block posters from threads for derailing or monotonously posting tripe (PPF and Bakerl), if they fail to desist.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Shirley it is the bouncer’s (and any decent landlord's) job to chuck them out before they smash the place up or kick the shit out of each other.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Just watched 5 mins of this farce and serious question: How did the royal family members earn their medals ? They had loads !!

You do know Andrew served in the falklands and flew his helicopter into stupidly dangerous situations to save servicemen

And you do know that helicopter pilots used to fly low and when the report of Exocets had been fired they had seconds to fly up to get the missiles to follow them and not hit the ships?

I have a very good friend who flew sea kings and some of the stories in San Carlos water and the rest of the falklands is unbelievable in their heroism.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Shirley it is the bouncer’s (and any decent landlord's) job to chuck them out before they smash the place up or kick the shit out of each other.

Nope.

Stop them coming in in the first place if they’re dodgy (which we do), question their ID if it’s dodgy (which we do), stop serving them if they’re drunk and being obnoxious (which we do). But a full on scrap has normally kicked off before the bouncer gets there. And no one says “you can come in lads but don’t take the piss out of Royalty”.

If you don’t like a post then report it because we’re not reading everything all the time. But don’t expect free speech to be shut down.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
You do know Andrew served in the falklands and flew his helicopter into stupidly dangerous situations to save servicemen

And you do know that helicopter pilots used to fly low and when the report of Exocets had been fired they had seconds to fly up to get the missiles to follow them and not hit the ships?

I have a very good friend who flew sea kings and some of the stories in San Carlos water and the rest of the falklands is unbelievable in their heroism.

The example they came back with ... not that they named the individual in their crude copy and paste ... was Princess Anne. But yeah ... let's ignore those that did serve in extreme conflict situations!

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Nope.

Stop them coming in in the first place if they’re dodgy (which we do), question their ID if it’s dodgy (which we do), stop serving them if they’re drunk and being obnoxious (which we do). But a full on scrap has normally kicked off before the bouncer gets there. And no one says “you can come in lads but don’t take the piss out of Royalty”.

If you don’t like a post then report it because we’re not reading everything all the time. But don’t expect free speech to be shut down.

I've reported a number of posts recently but no mod has come back to me with any feedback whatsoever! So ....

dangull

Feb 24, 2013

I doubt Andrew was doing that though.

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021

You do know Andrew is a xxx who xxx to get him the most expensive law firm to xxx). Thanks for your service though !

Mod edit: libel removed. Cut it out please.

Last edited by a moderator:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Wasn't expecting the Spanish Inquisition .... sorry, I mean a lecture! Hope nobody gets away with derailing the thread though - and some do seem to be trying.
:shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here