Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Henderson F*cks up

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Simster said:
Easy, it would be a pleasure to adopt your fine phrase. Ignore Max, he's a gayer.

Max,
You're not really a gayer at all. I'm in NY on business thanks for asking. I'm going out to meet the Empire Supporters Club (fans of New York Red Bulls) for the game. Beats watching boring nothing basketball games on telly.

Sweet as.

Have fun!

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
HampshireSeagulls said:
They will be looking for FDM's Irish great-great-Grandmother now.

Note to Hendo's bird - now your other half lives in a Northern Shithole and is no longer an international, the offer is still open....your face or mine?

Patience Patience we are still in the throws of researching Bobby Zamora's great-great-grandmother

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
Lord Bracknell said:
I think you'll find he has hidden his REAL name in a very simple anagram:-

Bobby Z O'Mara

Sorted.

I shall get straight on the old blower to the FAI in the morning.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
It would appear that it was actually a certain Paul McShane's fault......whoops!

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Withdean Wanderer said:
It would appear that it was actually a certain Paul McShane's fault......whoops!

McShane didn't help but to me it seemed Henderson came charging out and missed his kick when there was time for the defenders to still deal with it.

I think a more mature head would have waited a couple more seconds.

Anyway, I feel uncomfortable about getting involved in this Henderson thing but just saying it as I saw it.

Defensive mix-up?

Naaah, surely .....it couldn't possibly be 'Hendo'.

I never thought he was to blame for the Millwall goal, and actually, not for the Bournemouth goal really (human slips on wet surface - not really so much a 'mistake' as act of god) - however, it was transparently obvious that he never had a good communication with his defenders - and not even after years of playing behind them.

The blame might go to McShane this time, and other defenders at others - but his ability to confound his team-mates, and fail to clarify things around his area, will always undermine confidence and lead to goals conceded.

Good shotstopper, kicker, and goal-keeper, but because of the other effects on the team we are better off without.
He's too long been a pro to correct these faults now, if he hasn't got the picture already.

ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Really? Isn't he only 23?

Well, in a profession which usually has started by 18 at the latest, and borne out of some talent that is evident and honed from around the age of 8 - don't you think it's integral to the position of (a decent) 'keeper to have some understanding with his defenders?
I omit to mention the possible pro career-term that may be as long as 20 years.

Let me put it another way;
how long have you been in your profession, and how long will your company bear with your repetitive screw-ups that cost them dearly and threaten their duration in the market, giving their competition the edge?

There is a reason that some professionals make more than others and go further in their careers.
Some take it seriously, work on their game, are very talented, and go down as model professionals.
Others don't get it, in one way or another.
It can be a lucrative and celebrated profession - and many people would give anything to be in it or be born with some talents.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
NMH said:

Let me put it another way;
how long have you been in your profession, and how long will your company bear with your repetitive screw-ups that cost them dearly and threaten their duration in the market, giving their competition the edge?

Nearly 5 years now!

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Saw this comment on the BBC website that made me chuckle !!

Ireland need defenders and goalkeeping cover...

We should consider other options from Henderson! He actually makes O'Shea seem like a serious option. Why can't he communicate with his defence instead of relying on telepathy ?

Munchkin said:

We should consider other options from Henderson! He actually makes O'Shea seem like a serious option. Why can't he communicate with his defence instead of relying on telepathy ?
[/QUOTE

Also on the beeb "Goalscorer Kevin Kilbane conceded he was "very disappointed" and added that the Republic players got "the fright of their lives".

"After the first goal it would have been nice to go on and score a few more but a horrendous mistake at the back almost cost us dear.

"I can understand why the supporters are not happy because the players are not happy with performances like that and we have to improve a lot."

Where does that sound familiar from
:lolol: :lolol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Munchkin said:

You'd need a heart of stone not to raise a slight :lol:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Irelands Number One

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here