Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HELP! - My iPad has been lost and I have a PHOTO of the guy who might have it

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Also the whole store will be covered by CCTV, if you ask nicely they may be able to watch the tape back if you know when you were there and see how he took it and also get a better picture!

I was thinking that. I'll call them this evening when they'll hopefully be quiet.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
I doubt he stole it and is now using it as his, I imagine he stole it and sold it pretty soon after.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Any dog experts willing to name the type of dog? That might turn something up on Google as there are a few dog forums on the internet.

702453_1200684084.jpg

I would say it looks quite like a Slovakian Rough Haired Pointer. But they are pretty rare over here. I would suggest more of a mongrel than anything, with a bit of German Wirehaired pointer in it.

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
Defo get in contact with Tesco but ask to meet the store manager as the security guards wouldnt have a clue up there.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Need to go Sherlock on this one. It's a west facing garden. The dog's shadow is cast in front of it and the quality of the light suggests a grey afternoon. Also the bowl behind it would be placed outside the door, because what owner would walk around their garden and put a bowl down on the other side.

And I'm out. Contact the Tesco store and/or Apple IMO.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It has to be proved that they knew, or beleived it to be, srolen.

They have to provide info on how it came to be in their possession and unable to provide a receipt to show that it was bought. Even if it couldn't be proved the op gets his ipad back.

smalldino

Feb 25, 2009
Littlehampton
Defo get in contact with Tesco but ask to meet the store manager as the security guards wouldnt have a clue up there.

Get in touch with the store manager and ask them "under the freedom of information act" for all cctv footage that you are in. They will have to look through it and give you every bit that you are in, but they can charge you £10 for this. If the yare going to do this rather than make a copy of all the bits you are in they might be happy to just watch it with you and see who took it and then check the cctv from the car park to get a reg number.

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
Ok, so before Christmas I lost my iPad at Tesco in Holmbush. Somewhere between the checkout and my car it's gone. I didn't realise until I got home. (I know. I'm an idiot)

I've informed the police but unsurprisingly, it's not high on their agenda.

So, the long and short of it is that I had photo stream set up on the iPad and my iPhone so all of a sudden, whilst away for Christmas I get a load of photos through on my phone which were taken with the missing iPad (unfortunately location services were off, so no GPS info - bugger)

After sending the iPad a message via the Find My iPhone app with my contact details I received nothing, so I locked and wiped it via Apple's site.

I've sent the photos to the police, but again, they're not exactly going to go actively looking for this guy.

I AM NOT accusing this person of stealing my iPad, he might not even have it, but if he doesn't he knows who does.

There were some pics taken of a pretty distinctive dog two hours after it went missing (18th Dec - so I'm assuming it's his). There is also a photo of a girl (between 5-10) with the dog, but I don't think I should post that.

They went on holiday on the 22nd December (that's when the last two were taken)

If you think you know him, please don't post anything here, just PM me and I'll forward the details onto the police. I just want it back.

Cheers all.

View attachment 29446
View attachment 29444
View attachment 29445

He couldn't have taken Mark's Blackberry could he! Typical.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Get in touch with the store manager and ask them "under the freedom of information act" for all cctv footage that you are in. They will have to look through it and give you every bit that you are in, but they can charge you £10 for this. If the yare going to do this rather than make a copy of all the bits you are in they might be happy to just watch it with you and see who took it and then check the cctv from the car park to get a reg number.

Sorry to be pedantic (actually no I'm not, I love being pedantic, I just hope it doesn't cause any offence) but a person's right to material like that is governed by the Data Protection Act, not FoI. The end effect is the same though: technically the recording with you in it is classed as personal data, and unless it's been destroyed, you have the right to make a Subject Access Request under the DPA (and the holder of the data has the right to charge you a tenner, but not everyone does).

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
Sorry to be pedantic (actually no I'm not, I love being pedantic, I just hope it doesn't cause any offence) but a person's right to material like that is governed by the Data Protection Act, not FoI. The end effect is the same though: technically the recording with you in it is classed as personal data, and unless it's been destroyed, you have the right to make a Subject Access Request under the DPA (and the holder of the data has the right to charge you a tenner, but not everyone does).

This is correct in most instances ( including this one I am sure )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here