Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HELP! - My iPad has been lost and I have a PHOTO of the guy who might have it

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
So could I rightfully ask to see the CCTV of ME walking to the car with my shopping? That way I'll see what happened and who (if anyone) was involved

Doh, see post 57, good luck

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
For your info, most stores will delete CCTV footage after 30 days if it's not downloaded for a particular reason. Can't remember when you said it was nicked.

And bear in mind the guy in the photos COULD have bought it off somebody else, he might not be the actual tea leaf. Still worth a try though.

Yeah I've been thinking that. The dog DEFINITELY belongs to the person who 'found' it, taken on the same day within a couple of hours, it's hard to imagine they'd sell it that quickly. The next photos were taken four days later just as the people were going on holiday.
It's possible of course that they bought the iPad down the pub just before going away, but who knows.

I think right now the best bet is to try to get the CCTV from Tesco and get a numberplate if possible.

By the way everyone, it was an iPad 2, 32GB in black.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
So could I rightfully ask to see the CCTV of ME walking to the car with my shopping? That way I'll see what happened and who (if anyone) was involved

Yes, you absolutely can: but I'd be quick if I were you, because it's possible they don't keep the recordings very long.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Right so what have we got...

A missing Ipad 2 taken from the Holmbush Area

Photos of a dog

Photo of a bloke in a hedi hat

Photo of a girl

Photo of a pink suitcase

Hnmmn...... Right a bloke who shops at Tescos likes dressing up photography, girls, animals and like to travel - anything else to go on?

Bit of a jump to say Tesco's deffo, I park in M&S to go to Tesco's as less busy & others park in both to go to Next as it's rammed & queuing round the roundabout, council not bothered!

Logan

king of smash
Aug 22, 2011
Any dog experts willing to name the type of dog? That might turn something up on Google as there are a few dog forums on the internet.

Not sure if anyone has said as I havnt looked through the whole thread but I would put money on that dog being a labradoodle. Got one myself thats pretty much identical

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Right everyone, update.

The Argus are publishing the photos of the Dog and the guy tomorrow along with a photo of me looking like a victim.

Amazing.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Not sure if anyone has said as I havnt looked through the whole thread but I would put money on that dog being a labradoodle. Got one myself thats pretty much identical

You don't by any chance own any hideous pink suitacases as well as a labradoodle do you?

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
Right everyone, update.

The Argus are publishing the photos of the Dog and the guy tomorrow along with a photo of me looking like a victim.

Amazing.

Blimey! well done, hopefully that does the trick as someone who reads the argus must must know him if he is local. :thumbsup:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This is going bigger than the Argus. A national daily has just been in contact with me about running this story.

Tom - PM en route with details to contact a journo.

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Just had a nice long conversation with a chap from a national red top.

They've got their photographer coming to do me later this afternoon as well.

Unbelievable.

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
Excellent stuff, hope you get it back!
The luggage photo....What day and time of the week was it taken? Does anyone recognise the airport?....if we assume gatwick does that give an idea of flight/destination?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Wow! This story is gathering pace.

Really hope you get it back soon.

The power of the NSC community eh?

whether it's a force for good or bad is yet to be determined...

Dec 29, 2011
Maybe get people to tweet this thread. Trending will get it to lots of people in a short space of time. Put cliff notes in OP so people don't have to read the whole thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here