Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Heather Mills

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't think she does herself any favours with the way she goes on...but by the same stretch, I think she suffers principally for not being Linda McCartney, who appears to be considered some kind of saint.

What's laughable is that people seem to think Paul McCartney is some kind of victim here- for God's sake, he's neither stupid nor suffering from senile dementia, that we know of, therefore what's gone on is as much down to him as it is her. He knew the score when he decided to marry her. He had a bloody child with the woman, and he appears content for the child to remain with her, therefore it seems reasonable enough to me that he surrender a TINY part of his substantial fortune to her (Beatrice). Don't tell me that Heather DUPED poor, soft, innocent old Paul into a marriage motivated entirely by money!

Don't get me wrong, I think she comes across appallingly in the media, and has about as much public relations savvy as OJ Simpson, but the witch hunt that's surrounded her since the divorce is ridiculous.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Also I think people are clouding the issues with the amount of money. Rules is rules. If an ex wife with a man's kid was getting a divorce settlement was worth £ 900 000 and the ex wife got £ 25000 the women on here would be up in arms.

i think you're quite wrong to make the comparison to someone with 0.1% wealth. in a household with £900k (or £9m or £90m), you can live a certain livestyle which would be abruptly ended upon divorce. There is the issue of a second home and maintenance, so you might expect a more equal distribution. But with a £25million payout you still get to live pretty much the same lifestyle as £250million. more than adequate provision has been made for a home and maintenance is dealt with, as many people point out with more cash than an average earner. She contributed 0 to the amassed fortune and much of it was earnt by his previous wife and effectively willed to their children (thats probably why he's shown up with less wealth, its in trust). Also, i wonder if it would be much different if it were 900k, can a court cut in half a pension for instance? a court has decided this and it is open to appeal, so we have to assume it not an unusall settlement, relative to the amounts involved. In short, there are no rules, only guidance.

this also illustrates exactly why there was no prenup. they are not recognised in law and dont count for anything unless they are considered "fair". the court has determined that this is a fair payout for someone after 5 years of marrige. i think its more than fair. she will not want for anything for the rest of her life, and if she had had more self respect she could have dealt with this amicably, walked away and gone back to charity work.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So she pitches for £125m
She gets £24m
She's outside court saying she's "delighted"

(in other words - I'll grab whatever I can f***ing get, as long as I'm set up for LIFE)

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Let's hope she stays true to her word and leaves the UK.

Rather unlikely unless she wants to give full custody of Beatrice to Paul as I'm pretty sure he won't want his daughter moving away from England.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If she moved to somewhere else in Europe though, they could always have the first leg at home.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The two ads currently at the top of my NSC page - priceless!

Paul McCartney Ringtones
Customise your mobile phone with Paul McCartney Ringtone Downloads.
http://www.Big-Ring-Tones.co.uk

A Step Ahead Prosthetics
Erik Schaffer, C.P Live Life Without Limitations!
astepaheadonline.com

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
gold digger of the highest order ! but she must be glad its all over as she has been left in limbo for so long, but i cant help wondering who she will turn to for her next log over!

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
From the BBC website

There was speculation why Sir Paul McCartney's lawyer Fiona Shackleton left the court with her hair looking wet.

Sir Paul will pay daughter Beatrice £35,000 a year

The BBC called Heather Mills who said Ms Shackleton had been "baptised in court", but did not say whether she had thrown water at the lawyer.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Just for a change I am going to buck the NSC trend. £ 25 000 000, good luck to her. McCartney knew the score and the marriage rules in this country when he married her.

Thing was, there weren't any "marriage rules" that established such gigantic settlements when they got married. Those precendents have devloped out of judges' decisions in cases like McFarlane v McFarlane and Parlour v Parlour

(http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/judgmentsfiles/j2641/mcfarlane-v-parlour.htm if you can be bothered)

Given what he's worth, it does seem a reasonably fair settlement to my untrained, unmarried eyes, and I'm sure he wants what's best for his daughter.

But Heather's continual leaking and bleating about it makes me consider that she's, frankly, a bit of a mentalist.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I don't think she does herself any favours with the way she goes on...but by the same stretch, I think she suffers principally for not being Linda McCartney, who appears to be considered some kind of saint.

What's laughable is that people seem to think Paul McCartney is some kind of victim here- for God's sake, he's neither stupid nor suffering from senile dementia, that we know of, therefore what's gone on is as much down to him as it is her. He knew the score when he decided to marry her. He had a bloody child with the woman, and he appears content for the child to remain with her, therefore it seems reasonable enough to me that he surrender a TINY part of his substantial fortune to her (Beatrice). Don't tell me that Heather DUPED poor, soft, innocent old Paul into a marriage motivated entirely by money!

Don't get me wrong, I think she comes across appallingly in the media, and has about as much public relations savvy as OJ Simpson, but the witch hunt that's surrounded her since the divorce is ridiculous.

That pretty much sums up what I feel. Some of the posters on here act like Macca is a personal friend.

The man has managed to create a business fortune, a huge chunk of which had nothing to do with song writing skills. Stupid he most definately isn't.

Heather obviously doesn't have the greatest PR skills (possibly the understatement of the century), but she's up against someone who's been one of the most famous people on the planet since the early sixties. He's been dealing with the press since he was a teenager and now he's in his 60s.

The reason Macca barrister was wet was because Heather threw a glass of water over him outisde the court. Will be in the papers tomorrow.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here